+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

June16.E00268

Mar 29, 2023
From 2 of my previous posts:

You can order your GCMS notes through ATIP from either IRCC or CBSA. My fee was $5 last October. For the most part, they contain very similar information but I recommend CBSA as being faster (they get/process fewer requests & therefore may be faster). If you want to learn more about the differences & how to read your notes once you get them, read this:
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/how-to-read-and-interpret-the-gcms-notes/

Apply for GCMS notes through CBSA (they tend to be a little faster than IRCC). Mine took about 3 weeks in Oct 2022. Quoted from @SmzAmir back in May 2022:

“Applying for CBSA note is very similar to apply for GCMS note via IRCC.

This is how to apply for CBSA note:
1) Start the request from this page and click next to start:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

2) Accept the privacy note to continue

3) On the next page for department select Canada Border Services Agency.
For the next drop down select Individual/corporation currently present in Canada then enter your personal information.
The last three dropdowns at the bottom of the page should be "Yes", "Member of the Public" and "electronic copy", respectively.

4) For next page, select Access to Information Act and for type of records select Case Files. Then, enter the remaining information.
In the explanation box at the bottom make sure to include the followings:
- permanent residency under TR2PR pathway
- application #
- UCI
- Date submitted
- Full name of the principal applicant
- Date of birth

Then, continue to payment page. The cost is the same as GCMS which is $5.”
Thanks, I appreciate your response. I have submitted and will wait for the Agents note from #Whitehorse #E0026. Hopefully it comes through ASAP!

Reactions: CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello. We received PR confirmation email a few days back and submitted all documents in portal last week. We got copr today. However, we are supposed to travel to Hawaii in 2 weeks. We didn’t know that once you get copr, you can’t travel on the visitor visa till you get PR card. What are our options?
Can we land at a US city and and reach canada by taxi/rental car etc? Is that allowed? Has anyone done this? As I understand, we are not allowed entry by flights trains or bus.
Thanks for advice
I don't think you've been answered yet and I don't know if there is anything you can do with IRCC but I would :
  • call the call centre for suggestions (wish I knew more, sorry)
  • delay the trip, if possible, through the airlines & your hotel booking
  • link your PR Card to your account using the info from your eCOPR so you can at least know if the card has been mailed (mine took from March 1 to March 8 between mailing and arrival to my mailbox)
(MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE OUT THERE KNOWS BETTER HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS TRAVEL ISSUE?)

Reactions: T0pubo

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
SEARCH FUNCTION:
Just a reminder to those who might be trying to look for older answers on this thread -- there is a Search function at the top of the screen (the magnifying glass). It will allow you to search by key words, this or other threads on the forum, and by members names. There is also an advanced search function where you can also select by date ranges. Happy browsing! :cool:

Joelpaikada

Star Member
Feb 10, 2023
Did this happened to anyone else too that they got a GU and all of a sudden medical date gets erased and it comes that you don’t need a medical exam. (Talking about those who submitted old medicals not new one, which some applicants were asked to submit those who didn’t had past medical record while they submitted documents).

i got a Gu somewhere in mid march and my Medical date got erased and it came up you don’t need a medical exam. Called ircc and they informed that there’s no update on your file, system deleted your medical exam on its own as it passed a certain date but probably we won’t ask you for a new medical exam.

No update after that Eligibility and criminality in progress, security needs to be done

kagawa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Reactions: T0pubo and alex&liz

aaxoxo

Apr 4, 2023
Hello, does anyone know how long it takes to receive the eCOPR after you have submitted the required information via the PR portal please?

Sukh39

Apr 5, 2023
Just got my GCMS notes. Last update is from 2022/11/09. Reassessment Granted: Client is eligible for the Temporary Public Policy in effect from October 6, 2022 to October 6, 2024. Reassessment granted.
Office: Ottawa HMB

Criminal check in progress but no other updates. Any recommendations?

Reactions: T0pubo

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Did this happened to anyone else too that they got a GU and all of a sudden medical date gets erased and it comes that you don’t need a medical exam. (Talking about those who submitted old medicals not new one, which some applicants were asked to submit those who didn’t had past medical record while they submitted documents).

i got a Gu somewhere in mid march and my Medical date got erased and it came up you don’t need a medical exam. Called ircc and they informed that there’s no update on your file, system deleted your medical exam on its own as it passed a certain date but probably we won’t ask you for a new medical exam.

No update after that Eligibility and criminality in progress, security needs to be done
Don't worry about your Medicals if you are still in Canada, and your Medical is not over 5 years old. There is currently a temporary policy in place that exempts applicants from having to get a new one:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/exempt-ime-2022.html

IRCC has been doing automated batch/group updates on applicants Medical status/files for awhile now under this policy (and earlier policies) causing lots of flipping on/off of Medical status, and causing lots of ghost updates when they batch update it. For those of you who see "batch update" and in some cases "reassessment granted" on or around Oct 6/2022 on your GCMS/CBSA notes, this is likely the cause (it was for me). If you require a new medical, IRCC will let you know and send you a new document to bring to the medical clinic.

Best wishes!