+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi everyone,

I am applying for opt in additional 18 months for the work permit. My question is can I go to India next month to visit my family or should I wait until I get my new work permit? My current work permit is valid till October 2023.

Please provide me with your thoughts on this.

Thank you.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/travel-outside-canada.html
"What to do if you want to travel outside Canada and then re-enter
A work permit isn’t a travel document. It doesn’t give you the right to travel to Canada. Along with your permit, you need a valid passport and:
Having an eTA or a visa, along with your work permit, doesn’t guarantee that we’ll let you back into Canada. You must show the border services officer that you meet all the requirements before we will let you re-enter."

Things to consider:
  • Do you have either of the above in your passport already?
  • When does it expire?
  • Some TRVs, multiple entry TRVs, and eTA's expire when your work permit expires so check the expiry date on everything, and read the details on IRCC's website.

Last edited:

Intstudent1.0

Star Member
Apr 17, 2021
I h
I greet everyone here. I am new here but have been following the trail. I applied on 16th July 2021 and linked the application to my portal since on 15th December 2021. I also update my children’s biometrics on 14th December 2021 which they acknowledged on 15th December 2021 ( I don’t know if that’s what’s referred to as AOR).
I have made several efforts to reach IRCC and the agents have telling me same thing. I applied for GCMS notes sometime in August last year and on the 20th of January 2023. Surprisingly I have not received any response till now.
I wish I could get advise from here what to do. Thank you.
I am having the same issue. I applied for the GCMS notes on November 8th and but haven’t gotten a response yet.

I sent an email to inquire to IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca but only got the generic response that they have reduced operational capacity due to Covid-19

dstark

Mar 22, 2023
Hello guys!
finally got an update
Application starts with E00027
Applied: July 15th 2021, non healthcare
AOR: June 25th, 2022
Medical: April 5th, 2023 passed
Everything else still in progress
Got a request for additional documents, such as new form of Schedule A and T4 form one of the companies I worked for in 2020. Hopefully, after I will submit this, there is not going to be long left until I finally get my PR!
Fingers crossed!

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I h

I am having the same issue. I applied for the GCMS notes on November 8th and but haven’t gotten a response yet.

I sent an email to inquire to IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca but only got the generic response that they have reduced operational capacity due to Covid-19
There is more than one way to get GCMS notes:

I have posted the following several times on the main thread/forum and I highly recommend that your select the CBSA option below as it tends to be faster:

You can order your GCMS notes through ATIP from either IRCC or CBSA. My fee was $5 last October. For the most part, they contain very similar information but I recommend CBSA as being faster (they get/process fewer requests & therefore may be faster). If you want to learn more about the differences & how to read your notes once you get them, read this:
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/how-to-read-and-interpret-the-gcms-notes/

Apply for GCMS notes through CBSA (they tend to be a little faster than IRCC). Mine took about 3 weeks in Oct 2022. Quoted from @SmzAmir back in May 2022:

“Applying for CBSA note is very similar to apply for GCMS note via IRCC.

This is how to apply for CBSA note:
1) Start the request from this page and click next to start:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

2) Accept the privacy note to continue

3) On the next page for department select Canada Border Services Agency.
For the next drop down select Individual/corporation currently present in Canada then enter your personal information.
The last three dropdowns at the bottom of the page should be "Yes", "Member of the Public" and "electronic copy", respectively.

4) For next page, select Access to Information Act and for type of records select Case Files. Then, enter the remaining information.
In the explanation box at the bottom make sure to include the followings:
- permanent residency under TR2PR pathway
- application #
- UCI
- Date submitted
- Full name of the principal applicant
- Date of birth

Then, continue to payment page. The cost is the same as GCMS which is $5.”

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I don't even know why do I even log into my account. Don't even get GU and others are getting approval with same series or even later series and timelines smh

Reactions: ron.3

Paomayin

Star Member
Apr 4, 2023
Same thing. I also applied for notes in Jan 2023 nothing till now. I am calling and emailing IRCC, and contacting the local MP but nothing working out. everyone says the same thing. What is your application number start with? Mine starts with E0028.
E0023

Reactions: ron.3

Paomayin

Star Member
Apr 4, 2023
Given that you linked on Dec 15, 2021, the acknowledgement on Dec 15 likely was your AOR.

If you applied under Essential Worker: Stream B, July 16th was the last day they accepted English applicants because the stream reached its cap. That means you are at the tail end of about 30,000 Stream B English applicants, however, many of these applicants are now getting PR or waiting like you.

Read back on this forum and you will have lots of information available to you and you'll be able to see many timelines just slightly ahead of you. Hopefully yours will be soon.

Best wishes!
Thanks for your kind words. I did Stream A. And some people in that stream that applied way later like September/ October got theirs since January. What could be the reason for not receiving the GCMS notes?

Reactions: T0pubo and CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Thanks for your kind words. I did Stream A. And some people in that stream that applied way later like September/ October got theirs since January. What could be the reason for not receiving the GCMS notes?
Sorry @Paomayin, I can't say for sure what's going on. There are always exceptions. One healthcare applicant I know received the first PR approval email last March 2022, but she has mysteriously been unable to get to the next steps -- PR portal, eCOPR and PR card (it's complicated but we are chatting & she's working on it).

It looks like there are many reasons GCMS notes are delayed or ignored:

https://gcmsnotes.com/all-about-gcms-notes-delays/

I ordered mine last Oct through ATIP and choose to order the CBSA version (not IRCC) and they arrived in 3 weeks. I've provided instructions many times on this thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2021-tr-to-pr-pathway-aor-timelines-join-here.731318/page-1854#post-10422240

Last edited:
Reactions: T0pubo

June16.E00268

Mar 29, 2023
Good day all, has anyone been able to "opt in" for the extended work permit starting today April 6, 2023 until May 20, 2023,

I received the email that I was eligible, but on clicking "Opt in" after confirming my information. The page doesn't respond.

Anyone here with similar issue or is it just me?

Reactions: CherAmie