+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Thank you; will I receive an email once it is ready? Or do i need to check the portal consistently for updates?
It will arrive by email as a PDF attachment that you will have to print & sign. It will be the legal proof of PR for everything except travel, which your official/legal PR Card will shortly permit. Keep the eCOPR 'forever' for future proof of the date you received PR even though it will have an expiry date -- file it in a safe place -- you might need it for Old Age Security!! When you get your eCOPR, link your PR Card 'application' to your online account using the information from your eCOPR -- you should get a update on your account when your PR Card has been mailed. :cool:

Reactions: Hopes4prasap

Joelpaikada

Star Member
Feb 10, 2023
Don't worry about your Medicals if you are still in Canada, and your Medical is not over 5 years old. There is currently a temporary policy in place that exempts applicants from having to get a new one:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/public-policies/exempt-ime-2022.html

IRCC has been doing automated batch/group updates on applicants Medical status/files for awhile now under this policy (and earlier policies) causing lots of flipping on/off of Medical status, and causing lots of ghost updates when they batch update it. For those of you who see "batch update" and in some cases "reassessment granted" on or around Oct 6/2022 on your GCMS/CBSA notes, this is likely the cause (it was for me). If you require a new medical, IRCC will let you know and send you a new document to bring to the medical clinic.

Best wishes!
Thanks for giving hope every day, just waiting since a very long time for my application to be approved. They are not working in any particular order, sometimes they start from may and sometimes from July and June applicants are left all alone :(

Reactions: kagawa and CherAmie

kagawa

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Just got my GCMS notes. Last update is from 2022/11/09. Reassessment Granted: Client is eligible for the Temporary Public Policy in effect from October 6, 2022 to October 6, 2024. Reassessment granted.
Office: Ottawa HMB

Criminal check in progress but no other updates. Any recommendations?
Your journey is coming to an end. Congratulations in advance

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Thanks for giving hope every day, just waiting since a very long time for my application to be approved. They are not working in any particular order, sometimes they start from may and sometimes from July and June applicants are left all alone :(
Thank you!

And a little more insight as to what I think is going on at IRCC regarding May versus June/July applicants. Based on reading this forum for over a year and based on the number of applicants in each stream, and when the bulk of them applied, it seems that IRCC divided application processing of streams into different agent groups, offices or teams, because it was likely easier to consistently review each stream separately (e.g. the eligibility & documents needed for IG stream are different from Essential Worker streams).

Numbers from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway.html

Essential Workers A & B, English_____37,155+_____44%_______(only 7,155 were Healthcare/Stream A)
IG Stream, English___________________40,000+______48%
All French Streams____________________7,022+_______8%
Total__________________________84,177+_____100%
  • The bulk of applicants were English and split very evenly between Essential Workers A & B and the IG Stream.
  • The bulk of IG applied on May 6 & 7
  • The bulk of Essential Workers applied more towards of the end of the cap near June & July and especially near the end date of July 16
  • If each stream is being processed by different IRCC areas, and because they are reviewing an almost equal number of applicants 37,000 versus 40,000, and assuming they are processing at approximately an equal (unfortunately slow) rate, it makes sense that the trailing end of IG May 6 & 7 applicants are being processed at the same time as the trailing end of Essential Worker June & July applicants.
  • And, of course, based on each individual agents workload, issues within a file, many variations can occur in the exact processing timeline, like a May 7 completing before a May 6, or a July completing before a June.
(The '+' above refers to the fact that each stream had a few more applicants because there was an option to request additional time to apply based on disability issues, etc., and they were allowed 2 weeks to make a request for an extension.)

I know this doesn't make it any less frustrating but I truly hope IRCC gets the TR to PR Pathway fully completed by mid-year!! :cool:

Last edited:

aaxoxo

Apr 4, 2023
It will arrive by email as a PDF attachment that you will have to print & sign. It will be the legal proof of PR for everything except travel, which your official/legal PR Card will shortly permit. Keep the eCOPR 'forever' for future proof of the date you received PR even though it will have an expiry date -- file it in a safe place -- you might need it for Old Age Security!! When you get your eCOPR, link your PR Card 'application' to your online account using the information from your eCOPR -- you should get a update on your account when your PR Card has been mailed. :cool:
thank you for your help!

Reactions: CherAmie

Joelpaikada

Star Member
Feb 10, 2023
Thank you!

And a little more insight as to what I think is going on at IRCC regarding May versus June/July applicants. Based on reading this forum for over a year and based on the number of applicants in each stream, and when the bulk of them applied, it seems that IRCC divided application processing of streams into different agent groups, offices or teams, because it was likely easier to consistently review each stream separately (e.g. the eligibility & documents needed for IG stream are different from Essential Worker streams).

Numbers from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway.html

Essential Workers A & B, English_____37,155+_____44%_______(only 7,155 were Healthcare/Stream A)
IG Stream, English___________________40,000+______48%
All French Streams____________________7,022+_______8%
Total__________________________84,177+_____100%
  • The bulk of applicants were English and split very evenly between Essential Workers A & B and the IG Stream.
  • The bulk of IG applied on May 6 & 7
  • The bulk of Essential Workers applied more towards of the end of the cap near June & July and especially near the end date of July 16
  • If each stream is being processed by different IRCC areas, and because they are reviewing an almost equal number of applicants 37,000 versus 40,000, and assuming they are processing at approximately an equal (unfortunately slow) rate, it makes sense that the tailing end of IG May 6 & 7 applicants are being processed at the same time as the trailing end of Essential Worker June & July applicants.
  • And, of course, based on each individual agents workload, issues within a file, many variations can occur in the exact processing timeline, like a May 7 completing before a May 6, or a July completing before a June.
(The '+' above refers to the fact that each stream had a few more applicants because there was an option to request additional time to apply based on disability issues, etc., and they were allowed 2 weeks to make a request for an extension.)

I know this doesn't make it any less frustrating but I truly hope IRCC gets the TR to PR Pathway fully completed by mid-year!! :cool:
Canada is waiting for research analysts just like you!

nimrat63

May 16, 2019
Got my PR confirmation email today.

Applied - July 15, 2021
AOR - July 27, 2022
Application number - E0027
Medical Passed - November 4, 2022
GU - April 3, 2023 (Medical passed agian)
GU - April 5, 2023 (No change)
PR Confirmation Email - April 5, 2023

Hoping everyone here gets their confirmation very soon as well! Thank you

KIKI@KIKI

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
Got my PR confirmation email today.

Applied - July 15, 2021
AOR - July 27, 2022
Application number - E0027
Medical Passed - November 4, 2022
GU - April 3, 2023 (Medical passed agian)
GU - April 5, 2023 (No change)
PR Confirmation Email - April 5, 2023

Hoping everyone here gets their confirmation very soon as well! Thank you
Congratulations!!!! I hope we all get our PR approval soon

Reactions: Jb24

Paomayin

Star Member
Apr 4, 2023
I greet everyone here. I am new here but have been following the trail. I applied on 16th July 2021 and linked the application to my portal since on 15th December 2021. I also update my children’s biometrics on 14th December 2021 which they acknowledged on 15th December 2021 ( I don’t know if that’s what’s referred to as AOR).
I have made several efforts to reach IRCC and the agents have telling me same thing. I applied for GCMS notes sometime in August last year and on the 20th of January 2023. Surprisingly I have not received any response till now.
I wish I could get advise from here what to do. Thank you.

Reactions: hopingfortrtopr

KIKI@KIKI

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
I greet everyone here. I am new here but have been following the trail. I applied on 16th July 2021 and linked the application to my portal since on 15th December 2021. I also update my children’s biometrics on 14th December 2021 which they acknowledged on 15th December 2021 ( I don’t know if that’s what’s referred to as AOR).
I have made several efforts to reach IRCC and the agents have telling me same thing. I applied for GCMS notes sometime in August last year and on the 20th of January 2023. Surprisingly I have not received any response till now.
Same thing. I also applied for notes in Jan 2023 nothing till now. I am calling and emailing IRCC, and contacting the local MP but nothing working out. everyone says the same thing. What is your application number start with? Mine starts with E0028.

Reactions: hopingfortrtopr

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Given that you linked on Dec 15, 2021, the acknowledgement on Dec 15 likely was your AOR.

If you applied under Essential Worker: Stream B, July 16th was the last day they accepted English applicants because the stream reached its cap. That means you are at the tail end of about 30,000 Stream B English applicants, however, many of these applicants are now getting PR or waiting like you.

Read back on this forum and you will have lots of information available to you and you'll be able to see many timelines just slightly ahead of you. Hopefully yours will be soon.

Best wishes!

Reactions: T0pubo and Roudin

KIKI@KIKI

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
Hi everyone,

I am applying for opt in additional 18 months for the work permit. My question is can I go to India next month to visit my family or should I wait until I get my new work permit? My current work permit is valid till October 2023.

Please provide me with your thoughts on this.

Thank you.

Reactions: T0pubo