+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi All,

I need some guidance. I applied under the international graduate stream in 2021 and received an email in Feb 2022 saying my application for permenanant residence was approved and they will send me portal credentials. I told them about my marital status change and the officer asked if I want my spouse to be added on the application as well. We submitted the medical and biometrics in June of 2022 and there has been no update since then. I am panicking as my PGWP expires in Jan of 2023 as per my passport expiry date. I already have a new passport but I dont know what should I do now? Should I just wait or apply for a a new open work permit? Kindly let me know if someone else is facing the same situation.
I would apply for the OWP under TR to PR Pathway as soon as possible in order to 'maintain' your ability to work while your PR continues to be processed. It's so disappointing to hear that you've been approved for PR & yet they are still 'processing' 9-10 months later. Because there has already been a long delay, I would not take the chance of having your PGWP expire while IRCC gets its backlog problems fixed. Read the instructions all the way through a few times because some of the instructions do not logically follow what is requested online, but follow the instructions anyway because that is how they are 'routing' your application to the right area for processing.

From IRCC's website:
If you applied under the temporary resident to permanent resident (TRPR) pathway, you may be eligible to apply for an open work permit under a temporary public policy.
The policy:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/tr-pr-pathway.html
How to apply:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

In addition, because of the long delay between hearing that you have been approved for PR, and the impending expiry of your PGWP, you should also contact your MP for assistance in the completion of receiving your PR. Explain your situation clearly -- and, although it's not necessary, I would add that you were hoping NOT to contribute another application to IRCC's ongoing backlogs by submitting another application for an OWP under TR to PR, but you have done so because of the extraordinary delay in processing your PR.

Last edited:

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello everyone! I just received another ADR letter. This time they are asking:

> T4: A copy of the Canada Revenue Agency T4 form for 2021.

> Notice of Assessment: A copy of the Canada Revenue Agency Notice of Assessment for 2021.

> Income, proof: Proof of income including paystubs showing compulsory deductions for 2021/05.

I guess this is good news! But I'm really afraid of one thing please let me know what you are thinking.

The pay period in my paystub is 05/17/2021 - 05/26/2021. I'm afraid this can cause a problem. Was one of the requirements for TR to PR that I should be employed and getting paid on the day of the application? Do you think my application can get refused because of this reason? Please help.
Yes, you were supposed to be employed in Canada when you applied but you did not have to be working for the same company that you gained your Essential Worker NOC hours of work from. I don't know if a job offer, or a start date, dated prior to your application counts or if they allow a grace period a few days or weeks around your application date so you may want to talk to an immigration consultant on this matter. The consultant will likely want to know some details, for example: When did you apply for TR to PR? Were you employed when you applied? Were you employed but didn't have any shifts assigned to you on the day you applied (because you were sick, or on vacation, or on leave, or they just didn't have work that day or week but you were still available to work)? Did you leave one company but have a job offer to start at another when you applied? Or were you already working for a new company when you applied?

Last edited:

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
If you look at your GCMS note, it should say "Assigned to:" A code should be after that. Let me know who you're assigned to and I can check if they show up in my notes for inactivity.
assigned to is RC- then 4 digits
are you asking about "Assigned by" or the "User ID" that shows up at the bottom of each page? The User ID at bottom of each page has code starting with SB and for 1 of my TR applications, user id starts with AK

Snagra

Jan 7, 2021
Hello everyone,
I applied on june 30 streamB .
Mar.15,2022 - bio request . Mar 17 - medical passed . No update so far .

My consultant who applied for my pr , saying that i m not eligible to extend my work permit . As i have already extended last year through 18 months public policy .My work permit expires in april 2023.
is it true ?

cantoxxyyzz

Star Member
Feb 12, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney -> Whitehorse -> Calgary
AOR Received.
08-02-2022
Good day all PR chasers,

Since the processing for TR-PR pathway was delayed by IRCC across country, specially Calgary VO that they won’t issued the COPR or don’t send the invitation for the applicants who’ve got approved. I will away from this group for a month until next year! After Jan 1 2023, and let’s see how the things going.

December month is tomorrow, spend your life, valuable time with you loved, family and friends, time to relax & relieve your depressed, that’s all we can do right now.

Wish you guys will be getting the good news or PR very soon, best of luck y’all and happy holidays season.

———————————————————————-
My applications E00264xxxx / Stream B
submitted June 1 2021 /AOR February 8 2022
was finalized/ approved on October 27 2022. But still keep waiting for Invitation portal from(Calgary) IRCC.

This was the last statement from IRCC via email, enquiry for the confirmation portal,

***Le français suit***
***Please note that this is an automated message. Do not reply.***

Thank you for contacting us.

This email address is dedicated solely to clients invited by IRCC to use the Permanent Residence (PR) Portal in order to be confirmed as permanent residents. You must be invited by IRCC in order to have an account created in the PR Portal.

IRCC will not be responding to requests or follow-ups if you did not received an invitation from IRCC.

For more information on the PR Portal, please consult our website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

If you receive an invitation to use the portal, instructions will be included.

Have questions?

Find answers in the Help Centre: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html or by contacting our Client Support Centre by completing the Web Form or dialing 1-888-242-2100, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
assigned to is RC- then 4 digits
are you asking about "Assigned by" or the "User ID" that shows up at the bottom of each page? The User ID at bottom of each page has code starting with SB and for 1 of my TR applications, user id starts with AK
Anything which starts with RC is not the officer's code, It is a "Responsible Center". RC is different from an assigned officer. It doesn't show up on all notes unless you request detailed notes. It will be below your application status.

Reactions: maxiie and phwang10

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello everyone,
I applied on june 30 streamB .
Mar.15,2022 - bio request . Mar 17 - medical passed . No update so far .

My consultant who applied for my pr , saying that i m not eligible to extend my work permit . As i have already extended last year through 18 months public policy .My work permit expires in april 2023.
is it true ?
If you are eligible for the ‘OWP under TR to PR Pathway’ you should apply at 4 months before your current permit expires, again. I do not understand why your consultant thinks you cannot, so perhaps you should show him/her: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html in order to better understand your eligibility &/or why they think you’re not eligible.

If your earlier OWP extension was under the ‘OWP under TR to PR’, I don’t see anything in the policy that stops you from applying for a further extension. It is possible that you will get your PR before it expires, or that IRCC may soon automatically extend OWPs for people in the TR to PR Pathway, but I would not rely on that happening so I would apply, or insist that my consultant apply (or get them to better explain why they think you’re not eligible), or get a new consultant to apply.

ABTPG

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Good day all PR chasers,

Since the processing for TR-PR pathway was delayed by IRCC across country, specially Calgary VO that they won’t issued the COPR or don’t send the invitation for the applicants who’ve got approved. I will away from this group for a month until next year! After Jan 1 2023, and let’s see how the things going.

December month is tomorrow, spend your life, valuable time with you loved, family and friends, time to relax & relieve your depressed, that’s all we can do right now.

Wish you guys will be getting the good news or PR very soon, best of luck y’all and happy holidays season.

———————————————————————-
My applications E00264xxxx / Stream B
submitted June 1 2021 /AOR February 8 2022
was finalized/ approved on October 27 2022. But still keep waiting for Invitation portal from(Calgary) IRCC.

This was the last statement from IRCC via email, enquiry for the confirmation portal,

***Le français suit***
***Please note that this is an automated message. Do not reply.***

Thank you for contacting us.

This email address is dedicated solely to clients invited by IRCC to use the Permanent Residence (PR) Portal in order to be confirmed as permanent residents. You must be invited by IRCC in order to have an account created in the PR Portal.

IRCC will not be responding to requests or follow-ups if you did not received an invitation from IRCC.

For more information on the PR Portal, please consult our website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

If you receive an invitation to use the portal, instructions will be included.

Have questions?

Find answers in the Help Centre: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html or by contacting our Client Support Centre by completing the Web Form or dialing 1-888-242-2100, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Could you please tell me the email address?. I would like to enquire too. Waiting for a month for approval

Reactions: cantoxxyyzz

arcanjo42

Mar 8, 2022
Niagara Region
App. Filed.......
12-06-2021
AOR Received.
26-04-2022
Hello
I've received yesterday ADR for IMM5669 (my wife and mine). I assume it is because I did not sign the first one I sent, I assumed I did not need to. I am sending it now.
Good news, after all the waiting time...

Just one question: as in my first IMM5669, I will have no space to use the default space on 8) Personal History. For the first one, I transformed the pdf into images (4 pages) and attached the continuation of this 8) Personal History to the end of the document, making it 5 pages. I think it is ok, but I would like to know what do you guys think ?

agrewal98

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Has anyone been feeling not so optimistic and hopeful lately? There are so many other things besides the disastrous immigration backlog of skilled people. I am an immigrant, and I do know that skilled immigration is beneficial overall. A lot of immigrants are hard working and do not have millions of dollars to buy homes right away as claimed by many people. However, ever since I’ve come here, I can’t help but wonder if the government is using immigrants to keep housing prices high. We all know the economics of supply and demand. At the start of pandemic, when masks were in short supply, prices increased at an alarming scale. It’s same with housing. For example, in Toronto, buildings constructed after 2018 do not have rent control. Although the govt. sets the rate at around 2% rent increase, it is clearly not being followed. People are getting evicted left and right because landlords are raising rents up to 20% in one year. Anyone who is sensible knows that young generation needs a thriving environment to takeover the country in future. When the whole young generation is living under crunch, how can they be productive, creative, and innovative for a country’s economic success? So many of them are lost in ever-increasing prices of everything. Toronto and Vancouver have become playgrounds for the rich and money launderers. I personally know some foreign people who have rich families in other parts of the world buying condos in Toronto on cash every month. Money laundering is hurting anyone. THIS CAUSES ME SO MUCH STRESS AFTER WORKING SO HARD TO CREATE A LIFE HERE. I’m a healthcare professional. I’ve plans to study more. But it makes me so nervous for my future when I see shitty townhomes in Ottawa getting sold for a million bucks within days. No one that I know in my extended circle in well-paid jobs technically makes that much to afford million dollar townhomes with down payments. So I always wonder why everywhere I look, the only thing you see is banners displaying luxury condos homes townhomes for sale…..Canadians are rich by many standards compared to many other countries, Canadians have high salaries relative to almost all the world….but when I see every housing unit set atleast at a million bucks, this makes me wonder is the govt. so out of touch with reality? No where i see housing getting built for hard working canadians whether they were born here or outside of Canada…

Doug Ford is building 1.5 million houses on greenbelt and floodplains and his rich developer friends are buying that farmland left and right. He claims it will be affordable but we all know nothing will be below a million bucks….governments federal or provinvial are spending billions of dollars left and right to help housing but somehow housing is just doubling in prices left and right? Interest rates will only keep prices down for so long. 500,000 ppl a year (that’s just PRs) and then thousands of students and work permit holders who need rental housing..,.housing is going to be a mess by 2025. I can bet that house prices will break every single record once the economy kicks again and millions of ppl flow inside hoping for a better, stress-free life…..i’m not ready for that, besides the pressure on healthcare will be so hard it’s unimaginable…ppl are already waiting up to 48 hours to see a doctor, millions more without a family doctor, nurses leaving for US for higher pay and cheaper housing, walk ins overwhelmed that they do not even take walk ins anymore and appointments are generally months away when you have a issue that needs urgent treatment……this is all making me so stressed about the coming years…..like all these politicians hold multiple properties benefitting from the housing crisis…..people who got rich overnight because of the housing boom are now leveraging that overnight wealth to buy 2 3 4 5 houses…corporations buying houses in entire neighborhoods to increase rents and leaving young ppl and families dependent on rent their entire life and paying upto 70% of their income just on rent…….besides 1.5 million homes doug ford is promising are in endless suburban sprawl where ppl will be dependent on cars to drive to everything they need….research has shown again and again that single family homes in endless sprawl will bleed cities dry one day……hence you dont see this in europe….

i just recently found out that Vienna, a city always in top 2 for everything has people paying €250-€500 a month for bedroom in the city centre and a lot of them make €80,000 above….because Vienna is building what they call co op housing…..where a loan is taken from bank to construct apartments and then people who live there divide mortage and whatever costs equally and not have to pay mind boggling rents….this is the majority housing in vienna….this also keeps rents and prices of housing build by rich developers in check because nobody wants it….perfect example is in Vancouver …two buildings on same street….one costs $4500 for 2 bedrooms and the other costs $1500 for 2 bedrooms…….i also found out that doug ford is cutting billions of dollars on healthcare spending and this is what is being called a deliberate attempt to introduce private healthcare…there are reports that doctors are already charging a monthly fee for their services from patients in many cities….this is a whole mess…..anyone else on the same page feeling stressed like me?

Snagra

Jan 7, 2021
If you are eligible for the ‘OWP under TR to PR Pathway’ you should apply at 4 months before your current permit expires, again. I do not understand why your consultant thinks you cannot, so perhaps you should show him/her: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html in order to better understand your eligibility &/or why they think you’re not eligible.

If your earlier OWP extension was under the ‘OWP under TR to PR’, I don’t see anything in the policy that stops you from applying for a further extension. It is possible that you will get your PR before it expires, or that IRCC may soon automatically

If your earlier OWP extension was under the ‘OWP under TR to PR’, I don’t see anything in the policy that stops you from applying for a further extension. It is possible that you will get your PR before it expires, or that IRCC may soon automatically extend OWPs for people in the TR to PR Pathway, but I would not rely on that happening so I would apply, or insist that my consultant apply (or get them to better explain why they think you’re not eligible), or get a new consultant to apply.
thank u for ur reply . I applied under Marco 18 month’s extension in 2021.

Reactions: CherAmie