+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello everyone i hope i can find an answer here ,
Today i received a medical request but the thing that i already uploaded upfront and it wont expire until 2025 , what can i do please ? Should i raise a webform or redo it again ? Thanks
The officers have some discretion to ask for a new medical especially if it is over a year old. ( I'm not aware of medicals with as long an expiry as yours.) So, personally, I would just get a new one as soon as possible so as not to further delay your application. During the application process, many submitted old medicals because new ones were difficult due to Covid restrictions. And earlier when they first started processing TR to PR applications, many people were simply re-submitting the medical from when they first applied, but so much time has gone by now, it seems more and more people are getting requests for new medicals.

Shym149

Aug 4, 2022
The officers have some discretion to ask for a new medical especially if it is over a year old. ( I'm not aware of medicals with as long an expiry as yours.) So, personally, I would just get a new one as soon as possible so as not to further delay your application. During the application process, many submitted old medicals because new ones were difficult due to Covid restrictions. And earlier when they first started processing TR to PR applications, many people were simply re-submitting the medical from when they first applied, but so much time has gone by now, it seems more and more people are getting requests for new medicals.
Thank you so much for replying in fact i did my medical report in September 2021 only few days before applying ( i think 3-4 days before submitting my application) this is why i was asking

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Hi everyone.. I got an AOR in January but still not getting any updates since june 13. So I decided to contact my local MP and i got surprising answer. She said that the immigration department told us to not contact them for TR to PR application if they are in normal processing time of 26-27 months. This is so brutal. I am not sure that how much is this true. My criminality is in process from a very long time and everything else is passed. Don’t know what should i do.
Who’s your mp? IRCC can’t tell that to an mp office. The secretary is an asshole

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Thank you so much for replying in fact i did my medical report in September 2021 only few days before applying ( i think 3-4 days before submitting my application) this is why i was asking
In that case, you could re-submit that same medical information with a letter of explanation saying that it is your understanding that this medical is still valid but if a new one is needed, you will gladly get another.

Reactions: Shym149

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi everyone.. I got an AOR in January but still not getting any updates since june 13. So I decided to contact my local MP and i got surprising answer. She said that the immigration department told us to not contact them for TR to PR application if they are in normal processing time of 26-27 months. This is so brutal. I am not sure that how much is this true. My criminality is in process from a very long time and everything else is passed. Don’t know what should i do.
I think you are justified in following up given that TR to PR was supposed to be a streamlined (faster) process. There is a big difference between Service Standard (the goal) and Current Processing Times (the actual performance). I believe the 26 month processing time you were quoted is generic for all PR applications, and is not specific to TR to PR. And, although there isn't a highly publicized Service Standard for TR to PR Pathway, they have been 'trying' to meet a Service Standard of 6 months (for 80% of the applicants). It is actually listed in the document at the link below which is a review of 2021. Here is a repeat of a reply I provided back in July:

Technically the agent is misinformed. The Standard of Service is 6 months (for 80% of applicants) for TR2PR, but they appear only to count the time from Linking or AOR.

The following information was posted by IRCC in Feb 2022 and seems to confirm a desired TR to PR Service Standard of 6 months. It fits with many recent timelines where TR to PR applications are being processed in under 6 months (at least from time of linking or receipt of AOR to the time of PR). Of course, Service Standards aim to have 80% of the applications completed within the standard time, there are always exceptions, and IRCC does not seem to be counting the many months that people's applications have already been sitting in the original application portal where we all applied in 2021. It appears the 'Service Standard' only starts ticking when the applications finally get loaded into the GCMS (which then allows account linking &/or AOR and initiates the start of actual processing).

CIMM – Processing Times by Line of Business – February 15 and 17, 2022
IRCC Overview - December 31, 2021
Permanent Resident (PR in months)
-----------------------Application Type-----------------------------------Yr End 2020-------Yr End 2021--------Service Standard

TR to PR-76

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/committees/cimm-feb-15-17-2022/processing-times-line-of-business.html

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I think you are justified in following up given that TR to PR was supposed to be a streamlined (faster) process. There is a big difference between Service Standard (the goal) and Current Processing Times (the actual performance). I believe the 26 month processing time you were quoted is generic for all PR applications, and is not specific to TR to PR. And, although there isn't a highly publicized Service Standard for TR to PR Pathway, they have been 'trying' to meet a Service Standard of 6 months (for 80% of the applicants). It is actually listed in the document at the link below which is a review of 2021. Here is a repeat of a reply I provided back in July:

Technically the agent is misinformed. The Standard of Service is 6 months (for 80% of applicants) for TR2PR, but they appear only to count the time from Linking or AOR.

The following information was posted by IRCC in Feb 2022 and seems to confirm a desired TR to PR Service Standard of 6 months. It fits with many recent timelines where TR to PR applications are being processed in under 6 months (at least from time of linking or receipt of AOR to the time of PR). Of course, Service Standards aim to have 80% of the applications completed within the standard time, there are always exceptions, and IRCC does not seem to be counting the many months that people's applications have already been sitting in the original application portal where we all applied in 2021. It appears the 'Service Standard' only starts ticking when the applications finally get loaded into the GCMS (which then allows account linking &/or AOR and initiates the start of actual processing).

CIMM – Processing Times by Line of Business – February 15 and 17, 2022
IRCC Overview - December 31, 2021
Permanent Resident (PR in months)
-----------------------Application Type-----------------------------------Yr End 2020-------Yr End 2021--------Service Standard

TR to PR-76

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/committees/cimm-feb-15-17-2022/processing-times-line-of-business.html
CherAmie it’s not about the processing time stated by the secretary, which was wrong as well. But more so he/she said that IRCC asked them not to contact up to that period which is bollox. They don’t even tell that to applicants. The secretary must be someone who just enjoys passing time & gossiping more than actually helping people

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
CherAmie it’s not about the processing time stated by the secretary, which was wrong as well. But more so he/she said that IRCC asked them not to contact up to that period which is bollox. They don’t even tell that to applicants. The secretary must be someone who just enjoys passing time & gossiping more than actually helping people
I understood that -- just thought I would share more info supporting the fact that the secretaries, MPs, agents and applicants are not necessarily aware that there is an unpublicized internal 'goal' for a Service Standard of 6 months for TR to PR. But let's hope the agents actually working on this pathway are aware of it! :cool:

Reactions: jacob1234

Mumssss

Apr 6, 2017
Spoke with a call center agent today, he said eligibility passed, medical passed, security passed few days ago, BGC in progress. Does anybody know what they're looking at in BGC and how long that might take.

HopefulCanadian!!

Feb 11, 2022
First communicated with my MP in April.
4 months on and this is what I got from my MP as an update
"Same thing as last time - still working on your assessments at the moment.
If you have any questions, I will be in touch!"

I am getting sadder and sadder with every update, this the 3rd update. I don't know what is going on :( why am I cursed like this.

• Sad
Reactions: Lily444

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021

I am getting sadder and sadder with every update, this the 3rd update. I don't know what is going on :( why am I cursed like this.
Gcms

Lily444

Sep 10, 2019

Its no use contacting mp..try getting cbsa or gcms notes..n know ur due date n plan accordingly

midousa2006

Jan 27, 2019
Received an ADR for IMM5669 and intention to leave Quebec letter but I haven't received ADR for adding my wife to the application even though I informed IRCC of my mariage through webform about two months ago. Only received a generic response to the receipt of the webform. Should I just upload what they want and wait for them to ask me?

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other

Don't worry about it. There are many people waiting. Don't compare your application with anyone else as there is nothing we can do to make the process faster. I also received aor in Feb but still waiting.

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Received an ADR for IMM5669 and intention to leave Quebec letter but I haven't received ADR for adding my wife to the application even though I informed IRCC of my mariage through webform about two months ago. Only received a generic response to the receipt of the webform. Should I just upload what they want and wait for them to ask me?
They should have sent you a document request if the officer checked your web form. But you can add a letter to either one of documents. Secondly, send all the dependent's documents through the webform.

Reactions: midousa2006