+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hey I applied at 29 June stream B …No Aor But I was able to link my file …but I did not get any email for Aor and biometrics yet ..it has been a week .
I was advised today by an IRCC agent that if you have been able to link your file to your online account without an AOR, it means that you are in that period of time (hopefully too long) between when your application was first drawn down from the 'cloud' (where TR to PRs have been held until they start processing them) and in the initial review for completeness before you get an official AOR.

Reactions: Plaha3777$

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I was advised today by an IRCC agent that if you have been able to link your file to your online account without an AOR, it means that you are in that period of time (hopefully too long) between when your application was first drawn down from the 'cloud' (where TR to PRs have been held until they start processing them) and in the initial review for completeness before you get an official AOR.
*Correction to above: (hopefully NOT too long)

Reactions: Plaha3777$

Ash1094

Oct 9, 2021
I will answer my own question for the benefit of others as I just got off a call with an IRCC agent.

He said that he has received several inquiries about situations where people applied after they did, in the same stream, who have already received their AORs (and/or TFNs). Therefore, he stated that there does not seem to be a rigorous process to exactly follow the date of applications in absolute sequence.

He added, for clarity, that there is a temporary period of time when an application is first drawn down from the 'cloud' (because TR to PR online applications had their own special application portal) when an AOR has not yet been assigned because the application is being reviewed for completeness. During this period (between draw down from the 'cloud' and an official AOR), a TFN will be generated but it may or may not be provided to you. You can call and ask if a TFN has been assigned or you can request it through a webform but if your application is still in the cloud, a TFN will not be available nor an AOR.

Or, if you are able to link your TR to PR application to your existing online account without a TFN or AOR by instead using exact data from your application (you can try this up to 5 times per day), it likely means that your application has been drawn down from the cloud, that there is a TFN now, and hopefully your AOR will be provided soon, if your application is complete. If you are NOT able to link your application to your existing account using exact information from your application, it very likely means that your application is still in the cloud.
Thanks for this valuable information. But do you have any idea about why one is not able to link their application in spite of having a TFN.It's been more than a month now when it was obtained by calling them. Had sent an enquiry also using a web form. Niether any respone came nor the file is getting linked using the TFN. Seen some cases where people got their TFN, got linked in 3-4 days and their processing started within a week and that too very fast.

yoomi0516

Star Member
Sep 13, 2021
I applied for the TR to PR. However, I didn't receive AOR. I also have a provincial nomination. However, it is paper based.
If I applied for the provincial nominee program and I receive my PR from the TR to PR. Can I receive full refund? or will I lost the processing fees? My concerned is because I have to pay for me, my wife and my dependents.
I was on the same page with you. I applied the PR to Federal under OINP paper-based. I got the AOR of it after AOR of Tr to Pr. Now I am waiting for my full payment to be refunded. The IRCC agent through the phone advised me how much it refunded is up to the official who is dealing with my application.

danaaa

Star Member
May 25, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
STUDY
Hi everyone! I recently started getting a different message when trying to link . Now it says “it may take time…” instead of “you may have made a mistake…” plus I have been trying to link like 10 times a day and the system doesn’t block me!
Is that a sign my file is in the line?
I applied for IG English on May 6, 2:02pm est.

Last edited:

HopefulCanadian!!

Feb 11, 2022
Hey guys! Got my GCMS notes!
applied for IG on May 7th at 12:19am (EST)
Eligibility: not started
Security:not started
Info sharing: in progress
Criminality: passed
Medical: passed
Biometrics: passed.
I don’t know what’s going on with the info sharing thing? Anyone else seen this stage before? Also, after criminality is passed, does anyone know how long it takes to get moving on the last 2?
super stressed rn lol

InfiniteRB

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
Do u guys think they start processing after we are able to link or only after AOR? Lots of people just got AOR after more than 2 months of linking so I just wonder

sharma.a

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Hey guys! Got my GCMS notes!
applied for IG on May 7th at 12:19am (EST)
Eligibility: not started
Security:not started
Info sharing: in progress
Criminality: passed
Medical: passed
Biometrics: passed.
I don’t know what’s going on with the info sharing thing? Anyone else seen this stage before? Also, after criminality is passed, does anyone know how long it takes to get moving on the last 2?
super stressed rn lol
Hey, thanks for the update. How much time did it take to get the GCMS notes? I requested mine a month back, and waiting to hear back.

John Park

Mar 15, 2022
Hi everyone! I recently started getting a different message when trying to link . Now it says “it may take time…” instead of “you may have made a mistake…” plus I have been trying to link like 10 times a day and the system doesn’t block me!
Is that a sign my file is in the line?
I applied for IG English on May 6, 2:02pm est.
I got exactly the same situation as you. It has been like over 20 days of showing "it may take time..." since from "mistake", but nothing update still...

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Do u guys think they start processing after we are able to link or only after AOR? Lots of people just got AOR after more than 2 months of linking so I just wonder
In addition to an earlier reply today to another question, and again, according to my call with an IRCC agent this morning -- OFFICIALLY, processing starts when you get your AOR because that means there has been an initial check to make sure that your application is complete enough to start the more thorough review process. However, TECHNICALLY, there can be a brief period just before you get your AOR when you might be able to link your application to your account using EXACT data from your original application (without an AOR) because your application was recently drawn down from the cloud (or the 'raw' pool of initial applicants) and is in a temporary status just prior to the AOR review. Within IRCC systems, your application will get a Temporary File Number (TFN) which they may or may not ever communicate to you. So, even though you might be able to link your account slightly ahead of receiving an AOR, you might also still be waiting awhile for the actual AOR. Trying every day to link your account without an AOR, if you're eventually successful, will only tell you that you're in that temporary window in-between being drawn down from the cloud, and hopefully getting an AOR, if your application is deemed complete. I have decided to try every other day or so (just once--no need to do it multiple times) to see if my application might link, which will tell me that at least I'm out of the cloud.

InfiniteRB

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
In addition to an earlier reply today to another question, and again, according to my call with an IRCC agent this morning -- OFFICIALLY, processing starts when you get your AOR because that means there has been an initial check to make sure that your application is complete enough to start the more thorough review process. However, TECHNICALLY, there can be a brief period just before you get your AOR when you might be able to link your application to your account using EXACT data from your original application (without an AOR) because your application was recently drawn down from the cloud (or the 'raw' pool of initial applicants) and is in a temporary status just prior to the AOR review. Within IRCC systems, your application will get a Temporary File Number (TFN) which they may or may not ever communicate to you. So, even though you might be able to link your account slightly ahead of receiving an AOR, you might also still be waiting awhile for the actual AOR. Trying every day to link your account without an AOR, if you're eventually successful, will only tell you that you're in that temporary window in-between being drawn down from the cloud, and hopefully getting an AOR, if your application is deemed complete. I have decided to try every other day or so (just once--no need to do it multiple times) to see if my application might link, which will tell me that at least I'm out of the cloud.
I already linked mine on Jan 13, and just got AOR on Mar 22. Same thing happens to lots of people around my timeline

co2020

May 31, 2020
Hi Guys, Here is my timeline.

Applied: May 06th , 8:55 pm Est.
Jan 04th : submitted change of status from single to married via webform.
AOR: Feb 15th
Linked: Feb 15th
Medical : passed- Feb 15th
Bio-metrics: Not required
ADR for PCC & Spouse related documents : Feb 15th
As I travelled back home, I applied new PCC and still waiting for it.
Additional docs submitted via Webform : March 06th
Background: We are processing your background check.

No response from IRCC since they sent AOR. No acknowledgement for the docs that I submitted via webform. Does my application gets delayed as I added spouse to it? As I got AOR in Feb, can I expect my file to be processed in 2022? Please help.
Did you submit the additional documents through webform because no link was provided in your online account?