+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 PR Applications (Timeline Only)

HmHossain

Jun 15, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I applied for PR on Dec 1, 2021. I got ATIP (CBSA Notes) today.

Medicals - Passed
Criminality - passed
Info Sharing - complete
Eligibility - Passed
Security - in progress

how long will take to complete security?
and what next?

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
Hi Everyone,
I applied for PR on Dec 1, 2021. I got ATIP (CBSA Notes) today.

Medicals - Passed
Criminality - passed
Info Sharing - complete
Eligibility - Passed
Security - in progress

how long will take to complete security?
and what next?
Security takes some times, I would say you might get some update next four to five months

Asif6592

Feb 12, 2022
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, whole family( inside Canada )me ,spouse and 3 kids applied pr august 2021 as protected person. Processing started end November 2022, twice IRCC asked additional documents and biometric for my son who is now over 13 years, then 4 months silence, yesterday I received pre arrival invitation, only mine UCI number mentioned on this letter. ( by the way I am principal applicant) gckey account showing ELIGIBILITY REVIEWING, medical no needed, biometrics COMPLETED, security under reviewing? My question is what will happen next? Will I get my dependent pre arrival letters separately? or there still chance they can ask for medical? Thank you in advance.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, whole family( inside Canada )me ,spouse and 3 kids applied pr august 2021 as protected person. Processing started end November 2022, twice IRCC asked additional documents and biometric for my son who is now over 13 years, then 4 months silence, yesterday I received pre arrival invitation, only mine UCI number mentioned on this letter. ( by the way I am principal applicant) gckey account showing ELIGIBILITY REVIEWING, medical no needed, biometrics COMPLETED, security under reviewing? My question is what will happen next? Will I get my dependent pre arrival letters separately? or there still chance they can ask for medical? Thank you in advance.
Pre arrival letter is good sign it means majority of work is done. Next step is pr approval and portal request. But it depends how your case workers deals with your file. Some get approved mail and portal request next day . Some of them waiting from last six months. I got pre arrival almost 2.5 months ago still waiting . You are main principle applicant so all the update they send you. Tbh two years to process pr application I think it’s way too long . Govt employees don’t work at all. Hopefully they will do some work now as govt has banned TikTok from govt devices:)

Asif6592

Feb 12, 2022
Pre arrival letter is good sign it means majority of work is done. Next step is pr approval and portal request. But it depends how your case workers deals with your file. Some get approved mail and portal request next day . Some of them waiting from last six months. I got pre arrival almost 2.5 months ago still waiting . You are main principle applicant so all the update they send you. Tbh two years to process pr application I think it’s way too long . Govt employees don’t work at all. Hopefully they will do some work now as govt has banned TikTok from govt devices:)
Thank you.

Asif6592

Feb 12, 2022
All the best, hope you will get portal invitation very soon.

Reactions: qxoil

Asif6592

Feb 12, 2022
Received approval letter yesterday, waiting for portal invitation. Online status still showing that every step still in under reviewing, on ecas showing decision made.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
Received approval letter yesterday, waiting for portal invitation. Online status still showing that every step still in under reviewing, on ecas showing decision made.
Congratulations you will receive portal request soon from few hours to few days now .

Reactions: Asif6592

IcloudUser1985

Star Member
Jul 5, 2021
I have a long question but will greatly appreciate if someone with knowledge could answer it for me...

We are 2021 September aplicants

Everything is completed including Medical etc
HOWEVER.. We are stuck at Background check

I remember 4-5 months ago our case worker called and asked me to submit Schedule A IMM569 (Background dec form) for one of the dependent that just turned 18) and she also said that this would be the last step needed to finalize my application.. and we also 2 months ago noticed a ghost update on my file but this morning when i called IRCC i was told that one of the dependant is still missing the same above form (backgrond Sched A form) she also told me that all other applicants have been processed and that we're only awaiting form for another dependent who was already 18 when we came to canada... we are 18 months in our application does anyone know why we need this form again for that dependent when it was already sent to IRCC when we submitted the application very first time

Last edited:

Cilacanada

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
I have a question, is it possible for ircc to exceed the number of months of processing for permanent residence, or does it have to deal with a timeline that it announced to process the file? And if the answer is yes, is there a legal procedure or does the person have the right to complain?