+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 citizenship still waiting- let's gather here

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
I'm an online applicant from November, 2021. After my BG was completed in July, 2022 I had to wait until Feb., 2023 to receive a test invite. My LPP has been in progress since I completed the test at the end of Feb. but IRCC agent just told me LPP hasn't been started yet. I submitted multiple forms, reached out to MP but to no avail. Submitted a request for GCMS notes 3 times but haven't received a single one. It is possible I'd have to wait another two months before I can even escalate since it will be past standard processing time (unless they change it). I was ensured my case is non-routine by the way so I have no idea what is taking so long
I saw a lot of cases are still routine although they are waiting for more than standard processing time. After 21 months, when you call them, they can remind the office but still can do nothing about it. and they can confirm it's still routine. It's a waiting game, looks like only Mandamus can force them to process it.

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Hello, My LPP was completed on June 1st. That showed up on tracker on June 3rd, I'm just seeing today June 4th. This happened after more than 2 months after my BG was completed. Just to encourage you all and praying the you will all get the much needed updates on your applications. Wait for Oath continues.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Hello, My LPP was completed on June 1st. That showed up on tracker on June 3rd, I'm just seeing today June 4th. This happened after more than 2 months after my BG was completed. Just to encourage you all and praying the you will all get the much needed updates on your applications. Wait for Oath continues.
Mine is 16 months from BG, still nothing. And they claim that it is not a dormant case...

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Mine is 16 months from BG, still nothing. And they claim that it is not a dormant case...
Really sorry about this, i have only waited for 2 months and i know how frustrating the feeling is, At 16 months of waiting, i cant imagine your feelings right now. I hope and pray something happen very soon for you and John. You guys have done a lot for this group of "hoping waiters", taking your time to explain stuffs to people despite being in the same situation like others.

Reactions: johnjkjk

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Really sorry about this, i have only waited for 2 months and i know how frustrating the feeling is, At 16 months of waiting, i cant imagine your feelings right now. I hope and pray something happen very soon for you and John. You guys have done a lot for this group of "hoping waiters", taking your time to explain stuffs to people despite being in the same situation like others.
Not sure I am really qualified to explain anything, I am as confused as anybody. But comparing notes can be helpful, I guess. Maybe I'll be better prepared for my first consultation with a lawyer.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Not sure I am really qualified to explain anything, I am as confused as anybody. But comparing notes can be helpful, I guess. Maybe I'll be better prepared for my first consultation with a lawyer.
Just a suggestion, why don't you send them your passport copies(though they haven't asked for it) through webform along with your boarding pass( for that 2 week work travel) and ask them to add it to your file and acknowledge the receipt. Then you can also mention that you are eagerly waiting for an update. Then they would have to add the attachments to your file and maybe notice your file and trigger an actual response rather than a cliche response. Up to you, anyways goodluck!

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Just a suggestion, why don't you send them your passport copies(though they haven't asked for it) through webform along with your boarding pass( for that 2 week work travel) and ask them to add it to your file and acknowledge the receipt. Then you can also mention that you are eagerly waiting for an update. Then they would have to add the attachments to your file and maybe notice your file and trigger an actual response rather than a cliche response. Up to you, anyways goodluck!
That hasn't occurred to me to do. They never mentioned anything like this in any communication I received. When I call, they say they don't need any documents, and I just need to wait.
How do people find out about needing to send a boarding pass?
I did send some webforms to that effect though. But not sure they actually bothered reading them before responding.

In any case, I already started the mandamus, so I don't have to talk to them directly for now.

Last edited:

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
That hasn't occurred to me to do. They never mentioned anything like this in any communication I received. When I call, they say they don't need any documents, and I just need to wait.
I did send some webforms to that effect though. But not sure they actually bothered reading them before responding.

I any case, I already started the mandamus, so I don't have to talk to them directly for now.
Keep me posted on how the mandamus works. Meanwhile, I'm super tempted to organize a protest outside of the Montreal headquarters. Not like it'll ever happen but I can fantasize

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Keep me posted on how the mandamus works. Meanwhile, I'm super tempted to organize a protest outside of the Montreal headquarters. Not like it'll ever happen but I can fantasize
I think there were some small protests in different cities from other classes of applicants. Citizenship applicants as well, a couple years ago. There was some news coverage. I don't know if that had any impact on IRCC's priorities in the end. There might have been some small positive change.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023

I any case, I already started the mandamus, so I don't have to talk to them directly for now.
Just noticed some people sending it when they are back from a trip just as proof to show how long they were away.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Processing time is now 19 months. Im at 21 months. File hasn't been touched since April, when an officer was assigned and location was changed to review ready PM03. Applied for urgent processing in April, no response.

MP refuses to help. Called, and they refuse to contact the local office for me. No response to web forms or emails. Question put in privacy request was ignored.

• Sad
Reactions: bas12

MilkDud

Mar 22, 2023
I applied on July 2020 in Ottawa, did my test in January 2022, yet still waiting for the Oath. I did my fingerprints twice because it expired once, and it's about to expire again.

m1980

Jun 20, 2011
Mine is 10m from BG. Just like you, my BG was completed before the test. No additional documents were requested. I live in Canada and left Canada only for 2 weeks in 5 years. No criminal record. My language proof is a certificate from a post-secondary institute, which is easy to confirm. No update for 10 months... (only a ghost update). I thought my case is easy and simple. My last name has changed before the application so my PR card has a new name already. I do not think this can cause such a delay.