+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 citizenship still waiting- let's gather here

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
How do they calculate the number processed within service standards? Something like only the applications within some time range, for example only Q1 of 2022? Or only the applications submitted on the date exactly 1 year ago? :D
The picture would be different depending on what time range we're looking at: 1 year, 3 years, 10 years.
It would be interesting to know how processing times are calculated. This link says that it's based on the previous 6 months
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1619&top=3

Some news articles clarify that this relates to PR (6 months service standard), but couldn’t find info on citizenship- perhaps it’s a 12 month moving average.

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
No, those fields are empty. My gcms date is 2023/04/27.

Office: VancouverCitizenship
APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT
Due Date:
Assigned By:
AssignedTo:

SECONDARY OFFICE(S)
SECONDARY OFFICE(S): 1
Created Date: 2004/08/12
Updated Date: 2021/06/14
Primary: Y
RC Code: RC - 8090
Office Name: CPC Sydney

SIN
SIN: 0
TRIAGE
TRIAGE: 1
Created Date: 2017/04/19
Updated Date: 2017/04/19
Triage:
I called IRCC again today, and ask if my application mark as non routine. She said no.
Then I asked whether my application assigned to any officer, because in my April gcms note, the assignment is empty. She looked at it on her side, she said she can see the application is assigned to QM34668, she mentioned probably this is the officer id, but she is not sure about it.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I requested my MP to help follow-up on my application with IRCC and this what i got back from the office of the MP this morning:

"IRCC has contacted our office with the requested update on the status of your Citizenship application.

The agency has advised our office that your application was received on January 26, 2022, and is being processed at the IRCC Montreal office. Your security, criminality and knowledge have passed. Language and residence have not been started at this point. Your application is within the regular 21-month (October 2023) processing timeframe.

Applicant requested GCMS notes, ATIP once in March and May. When an applicant or their representative requests IRCC provide them with the GCMS notes for their application(s), IRCC is obliged to halt processing on the application and handover all details to a third party who prepares them for the inquirer. GCMS note requests are a type of ATIP request (Access to Information and Privacy). All ATIP requests must be handled by a third party in order to ensure that the disclosure process is fair. This is why your application might be marked as 'on hold' in certain sections. In future, I would advise you avoid requesting GCMS notes, as they rarely provide new insights and will inevitably result in delays to your application."

I don't get it, can requesting GCMS notes delay application processing? I requested an GCMS notes in early May which I have not even received. Surprised that Language and Residence has not started up until now.
Anybody have any idea where would be the right place to file a complaint about something like this?
Would that be information commissioner, or is there something more appropriate? I actually made a complaint about delayed ATIPs to that office, but I never heard back.:confused:

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
I requested my MP to help follow-up on my application with IRCC and this what i got back from the office of the MP this morning:

"IRCC has contacted our office with the requested update on the status of your Citizenship application.

The agency has advised our office that your application was received on January 26, 2022, and is being processed at the IRCC Montreal office. Your security, criminality and knowledge have passed. Language and residence have not been started at this point. Your application is within the regular 21-month (October 2023) processing timeframe.

Applicant requested GCMS notes, ATIP once in March and May. When an applicant or their representative requests IRCC provide them with the GCMS notes for their application(s), IRCC is obliged to halt processing on the application and handover all details to a third party who prepares them for the inquirer. GCMS note requests are a type of ATIP request (Access to Information and Privacy). All ATIP requests must be handled by a third party in order to ensure that the disclosure process is fair. This is why your application might be marked as 'on hold' in certain sections. In future, I would advise you avoid requesting GCMS notes, as they rarely provide new insights and will inevitably result in delays to your application."

I don't get it, can requesting GCMS notes delay application processing? I requested an GCMS notes in early May which I have not even received. Surprised that Language and Residence has not started up until now.
The response provided ( i.e. IRCC is obliged to halt processing on the application ....) is inaccurate.

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Received CBSA gcms notes today. The notes date is May 10, 2023.

LPP: Not Started
Triage:L2
Application Assignment
Due Date-2023/06/01
Assioned By:BS15003
AssignedTo: DM20031

Hope can get some updates next week (2023/06/01)? Although I know this due date doesn't mean anythings.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Received CBSA gcms notes today. The notes date is May 10, 2023.

LPP: Not Started
Triage:L2
Application Assignment
Due Date-2023/06/01
Assioned By:BS15003
AssignedTo: DM20031

Hope can get some updates next week (2023/06/01)? Although I know this due date doesn't mean anythings.
Mine was April 1, nothing so far.
But I have ready for review by PM03, so that could make a difference.
I did get a ghost update this Tuesday, but nothing new turned green so far. Not sure if all my activity over the weekend caused it, or it just happened on its own.

On the other hand, there might be no typical timeline once you're in the backlog. Maybe one officer looks at these applications once a week, and when they work on one, they cannot work on the rest. So, that would end up in pretty random processing times.

Last edited:

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
My latest GCMS generated on Apr 28 had a due date of May 18th under Application assignment - My LPP is still pending and no updates happened so far.

Last edited:

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Mine was April 1, nothing so far.
But I have ready for review by PM03, so that could make a difference.
I did get a ghost update this Tuesday, but nothing new turned green so far. Not sure if all my activity over the weekend caused it, or it just happened on its own.

On the other hand, there might be no typical timeline once you're in the backlog. Maybe one officer looks at these applications once a week, and when they work on one, they cannot work on the rest. So, that would end up in pretty random processing times.
At least it's assigned to someone, based on my Apr 28, 2023 GCMS notes from IRCC, the assignment was empty.
So at least some progress in the past month.

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
My latest GCMS generated on Apr 28 had a due date of May 18th under Application assignment - My LPP is still pending and no updates happened so far.
Is your application E-Grant Review Ready PM01 or PM03? Mine is PM01.
PM03 looks like a higher level, so probably has less officers.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Does anyone have Winnie Lim (an Hong Kong/Chinese lady in her 50s) as SCR processing officer?
How would we know it's her?
I never saw any full names, either codes or a first name and a number.
And what is SCR?

Last edited:

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Is your application E-Grant Review Ready PM01 or PM03? Mine is PM01.
PM03 looks like a higher level, so probably has less officers.
I dont see E-Grant Review Ready anywhere and no codes like PMxx either. Where would this be mentioned?

m1980

Jun 20, 2011
Ghost update on May 27. I have had no update since Sep 2022 for 8 months. I called three times but they cannot even transfer me to the agent because all agents are busy.