+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 citizenship still waiting- let's gather here

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Ghost update on May 27. I have had no update since Sep 2022 for 8 months. I called three times but they cannot even transfer me to the agent because all agents are busy.
Someone shared this :

Dial : 8882422100. Once the line gets connected dial : 21142 to be connected to an agent.

Have you tried this?

Reactions: may2019

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
I have a friend who’s an immigration consultant and they mentioned even last year that new IRCC agents are put on newer cases to improve processing times. I think 2021 got the short end of the stick since the cases were taking long already and the IRCC didn’t necessarily prioritize them as much as the new ones… Has anyone gone past their estimated processing time?

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I have a friend who’s an immigration consultant and they mentioned even last year that new IRCC agents are put on newer cases to improve processing times. I think 2021 got the short end of the stick since the cases were taking long already and the IRCC didn’t necessarily prioritize them as much as the new ones… Has anyone gone past their estimated processing time?
A lot of people who applied in 2021 are past 21 months now.
However, things were even worse for 2019 and 2020, and I suspect there are still a bunch of pending applications from these years.

m1980

Jun 20, 2011
Someone shared this :

Dial : 8882422100. Once the line gets connected dial : 21142 to be connected to an agent.

Have you tried this?
I could reach but all they said is it's still normal processing time and you need to wait. I have not been requested any documents so far. I don't know why it is taking so long. My husband was granted his citizenship in February like most others did.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Well, I've got a funny response to my webform:

We have verified the information provided in the web forms submitted and regret to inform you that we are unable to process your enquiry nor attach any of the associated documents (if applicable).

The Privacy Act ensures that a person's identity and personal information are protected. The email address provided in the web forms is attached to numerous individuals therefore, we have concluded that we are not communicating with the concerned clients.

In order to respond to your enquiry, each client must provide their written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

Please make sure to enter your client’s information under the Applicant Information section and your information under the Enquirer Information section.
I am single, no dependents, never used a representative yet, except the MP's office contacted them, but I hope they didn't attach themselves to my email.

They are creative with the idiocy, you have to give them that.
I am getting a feeling that it is impossible to get through this nightmare without a lawyer.

• Sad
Reactions: degm

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
Well, I've got a funny response to my webform:

I am single, no dependents, never used a representative yet, except the MP's office contacted them, but I hope they didn't attach themselves to my email.

They are creative with the idiocy, you have to give them that.
I am getting a feeling that it is impossible to get through this nightmare without a lawyer.
I saw your timeline and it's more than 21+ months, Did you call IRCC and ask why your case is non-routine? They should explain it when it's more than 21 months, right? When I call them now, they just said my case is still in progress and ask me to wait 21 months.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I saw your timeline and it's more than 21+ months, Did you call IRCC and ask why your case is non-routine? They should explain it when it's more than 21 months, right? When I call them now, they just said my case is still in progress and ask me to wait 21 months.
When I called last week, they said that as far as they can see it is still routine. They said that Montreal office received the message from the MP office and they are aware that the application is way overdue. They also said that they cannot take any action that day, since the office recently received the MPs message, and there is no point in sending them these reminders all the time.
They could not give me any time estimate, and could not give me any information about why the application was referred to L2.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
When I called last week, they said that as far as they can see it is still routine. They said that Montreal office received the message from the MP office and they are aware that the application is way overdue. They also said that they cannot take any action that day, since the office recently received the MPs message, and there is no point in sending them these reminders all the time.
They could not give me any time estimate, and could not give me any information about why the application was referred to L2.
Does L2 takes long? I have same triage value, I posted earlier in other relevant thread but couldn't get any assistance. Please see below, and assist:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/test-completed-but-background-check-in-progress.780688/post-10480805

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Does L2 takes long? I have same triage value, I posted earlier in other relevant thread but couldn't get any assistance. Please see below, and assist:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thdifferent timereads/test-completed-but-background-check-in-progress.780688/post-10480805
I think we've been over this, my L2 may be different from yours. I have nothing in triage, but there was once an officer's note that has been since whited out saying that the application was referred from L1 to L2.
I was not able to learn anything about the meaning of this. If I ever will, I will try to remember to post in some of the threads I've been frequenting lately :)

bas12

Apr 20, 2018

Dutchgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2022
I'm an online applicant from December 2021. After my update "Test Completed" in early October, it took until today for LPP to mark as completed. I'm so glad that I got this update! Now waiting for decision made and ceremony. Which can be another few months, I came to understand. But: It's moving ahead!

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
I'm an online applicant from December 2021. After my update "Test Completed" in early October, it took until today for LPP to mark as completed. I'm so glad that I got this update! Now waiting for decision made and ceremony. Which can be another few months, I came to understand. But: It's moving ahead!
Congratulations!!

Have you got any ghost updates in the past two weeks?

Doh355

Jan 20, 2023
I'm an online applicant from November, 2021. After my BG was completed in July, 2022 I had to wait until Feb., 2023 to receive a test invite. My LPP has been in progress since I completed the test at the end of Feb. but IRCC agent just told me LPP hasn't been started yet. I submitted multiple forms, reached out to MP but to no avail. Submitted a request for GCMS notes 3 times but haven't received a single one. It is possible I'd have to wait another two months before I can even escalate since it will be past standard processing time (unless they change it). I was ensured my case is non-routine by the way so I have no idea what is taking so long

• Sad
Reactions: bas12