+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 citizenship still waiting- let's gather here

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Starting a new thread to bring together those of us still waiting for a decision from 2021.

Typically we have test complete, a delayed background (security) clearance, and are now waiting for LPP (for some "not started").

Discuss and share. If anyone receives updates on the file, please post them here.

Last edited:
Reactions: inkomati

superde

Star Member
Jun 19, 2015
Even though i am a Jan 2022 applicant, stuck at LPP. I beg to be included in this group as well. I think alot of Jan-March 2022 are delayed too. Processing looks more normal for those from April 2022 onwards.

Reactions: SeniorSpouse

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
Submitted May 2021, test cleared May 2022, background completed October 2022. No action on LPP. According to my case notes my officer was supposed to have started LPP in November 2022. Emphasis on supposed to

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Submitted May 2021, test cleared May 2022, background completed October 2022. No action on LPP. According to my case notes my officer was supposed to have started LPP in November 2022. Emphasis on supposed to
what do your notes say exactly? Is there an officer assigned, and is LPP in progress or not started?

Last edited:

inkomati

Dec 2, 2022
Pl

what do your notes say exactly? Is there an officer assigned, and is LPP in progress or not started?
I'll have to find them. I remember there's an officer assigned, and I saw they made some requests from CBSA about my travel outside the country.

h348400034

Star Member
Jan 26, 2023
I'll have to find them. I remember there's an officer assigned, and I saw they made some requests from CBSA about my travel outside the country.
You can consider to file a mandamus, usually the court will force IRCC to response. Usually they just working on your case immediately.

I saw someone file mandamus by himself in another thread.
He use this link https://www.fct-cf.gc.ca/en/pages/representing-yourself
and use chatgpt to help him file the Form IR-1 - Application for Leave and for Judicial Review
Then IRCC responded and his case got processed quickly before the hearing, so don't need a lawyer.

I will consider to do it after I wait 21 months

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I am June 2021 applicant, LPP not started (in progress in tracker).
I had no issues with background check that I know of. Though all the data on security checks is redacted in my ATIP notes, not sure if this is normal.
There was a note in my ATIP that in February the application was referred from L1 to L2. In newer ATIPs this note is redacted -- all the text is whited out, but the date is still there.
The status is PM03 review ready with the deadline of April 1 2023, but so far nothing happened.

I've been trying to get any information about why it was referred to L2, but I guess they'd rather keep some mystery over their incompetence?
I will look into how to write an ATIP request to get this specific information, but my hopes are quite low.