+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 citizenship still waiting- let's gather here

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I am June 2021 applicant, LPP not started (in progress in tracker)
I had no issues with background check that I know of. Though all the data on security checks is redacted in my ATIP notes, not sure if this is normal.
There was a note in my ATIP that in February the application was referred from L1 to L2. In newer ATIPs this note is redacted -- all the text is whited out, but the date is still there.
The status is PM03 review ready with the deadline of April 1 2023, but so far nothing happened.

I've been trying to get any information about why it was referred to L2, but I guess they'd rather keep some mystery over their incompetence?
I will look into how to write an ATIP request to get this specific information, but my hopes are quite low.
I also have LPP not started with review ready PM03. Background completed Feb 13.

I have a redacted note in April a few days after file was allocated to an officer at Scarborough. Could this be a L2 referral?

What section number have they used to redact your L2 referral note? It’s commonly on the top right hand corner like 15, 21b etc. And do you have a note saying file allocated to officer x?

No harm trying to ask for specific info through atip. In March, I asked why my file wasnt in review ready yet and although they didn't answer my ATIP question, the notes I got said review ready and allocated to an officer (along with redacted note). Could be a coincidence.
Please share any progress you may get.

Reactions: bas12

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I also have LPP not started with review ready PM03. Background completed Feb 13.

I have a redacted note in April a few days after file was allocated to an officer at Scarborough. Could this be a L2 referral?

What section number have they used to redact your L2 referral note? It’s commonly on the top right hand corner like 15, 21b etc. And do you have a note saying file allocated to officer x?

No harm trying to ask for info through atip. I am considering that also.
Please share any progress you may get.
I see s.22(1)(b) in the top right corner of the page, otherwise nothing.
Is this related? I just looked at the citizenship act, not sure how any of this would apply:
>(b) while the person is charged with, on trial for, subject to or a party to an appeal relating to an offence under subsection 21.1(1) or 29.2(1) or (2), or an indictable offence under subsection 29(2) or (3) or any other Act of Parliament, other than an offence that is designated as a contravention under the Contraventions Act;

The application is assigned by and to RD00972. But no notes saying it is allocated to anybody.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I'll probably get a consultation with a lawyer after that, see if they think mandamus is a good idea.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I see s.22(1)(b) in the top right corner of the page, otherwise nothing.
Is this related? I just looked at the citizenship act, not sure how any of this would apply:
>(b) while the person is charged with, on trial for, subject to or a party to an appeal relating to an offence under subsection 21.1(1) or 29.2(1) or (2), or an indictable offence under subsection 29(2) or (3) or any other Act of Parliament, other than an offence that is designated as a contravention under the Contraventions Act;

The application is assigned by and to RD00972. But no notes saying it is allocated to anybody.
I have the same number under the privacy act, which refers to "lawful investigations". If you refer to your atip cover letter it should be mentioned there. This does worry me but at least I now know that it could mean L2 referral.

Let me know if you seek legal advice as I'm in the same situation, albeit Sep 2021 application

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I have the same number under the privacy act, which refers to "lawful investigations". If you refer to your atip cover letter it should be mentioned there. This does worry me but at least I now know that it could mean L2 referral.

Let me know if you seek legal advice as I'm in the same situation, albeit Sep 2021 application
I looked at my old ATIPs, and I see the same code on another page that doesn't have it in the new one.
The old ATIP is from last July, long before the L2 note in February.
That page contains PAPER FILE, APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT, LANGUAGE EVIDENCE etc. The main difference is that application assignment fields are all empty (due date, assigned to, assigned by), so they might be redacted.
Not sure if any of this makes sense to me, but hopefully a lawyer could make sense of it.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
I have this in the email:
Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, 22(1)(b) law enforcement and investigation

This is not what everybody has? I thought it is just a generic blanket excuse?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I have this in the email:
Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 21 The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities, 22(1)(b) law enforcement and investigation

This is not what everybody has? I thought it is just a generic blanket excuse?
Atip is a different department. They could be exercising their own judgement as to what information is to be redacted, but there must be some logic to it as I previously didn't have 22(1)b until this new redacted note. Perhaps they thought referred to L2 means some kind of legal enquiry and redacted it.

Also when in some old atip I had security pending from CSIS. Then next time it was blanked out. Then when it was completed, again blanked out.

• Wow
Reactions: bas12

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
I looked at my old ATIPs, and I see the same code on another page that doesn't have it in the new one.
The old ATIP is from last July, long before the L2 note in February.
That page contains PAPER FILE, APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT, LANGUAGE EVIDENCE etc. The main difference is that application assignment fields are all empty (due date, assigned to, assigned by), so they might be redacted.
Not sure if any of this makes sense to me, but hopefully a lawyer could make sense of it.
The security status was probably blanked out on that page.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
The security status was probably blanked out on that page.
Don't think so, all the security stuff is several pages down, and there is no blank space on that page. The only thing that seems to be redacted for an unknown reason is APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT, which is normally not redacted in other ATIPs.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Don't think so, all the security stuff is several pages down, and there is no blank space on that page. The only thing that seems to be redacted for an unknown reason is APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT, which is normally not redacted in other ATIPs.
If there was no assignment at the time, it would be blank. Mine was blank under it was assigned in April. Under assessments, what does it say for security? Could also be triage blanked out.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
If there was no assignment at the time, it would be blank. Mine was blank under it was assigned in April. Under assessments, what does it say for security? Could also be triage blanked out.
Under eligibility assessments there is no security, just knowledge and LPP, and no special codes.
There is security under clearances. It is very heavily redacted, and the code is s.21

But this is all several pages down, so not sure what else could be on that page that would warrant s.22(1)(b). Looks super harmless to me, it has sections PAPER FILE, APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT, SECONDARY OFFICES, SIN, TRIAGE (says TRIAGE:0), UNAVAILABILITY, LANGUAGE SPECIAL NEEDS, TYPE OF LANGUAGE EVIDENCE.

Maybe someone had a shaky finger, and misclassified it?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Under eligibility assessments there is no security, just knowledge and LPP, and no special codes.
There is security under clearances. It is very heavily redacted, and the code is s.21

But this is all several pages down, so not sure what else could be on that page that would warrant s.22(1)(b). Looks super harmless to me, it has sections PAPER FILE, APPLICATION ASSIGNMENT, SECONDARY OFFICES, SIN, TRIAGE (says TRIAGE:0), UNAVAILABILITY, LANGUAGE SPECIAL NEEDS, TYPE OF LANGUAGE EVIDENCE.

Maybe someone had a shaky finger, and misclassified it?
Shaky finger or missed their morning coffee perhaps! This is what I have on the right of page 1

Dutchgirl

Star Member
Oct 13, 2022
Applied online in December 2021. Background completed September 2022. Test completed early October 2022. No updates since then. Waiting on LPP.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Anyone has idea about 'Triage' value? I have L2 and my security is in process which started since Feb, 2023. It should take 6-8 months, what boggles me is L2. My location is 'Grant Review Ready-PM01', where I understand PM01 is program officer of level 1 - whereas PM02, PM03 represents officers of higher ranks. What's difference between L1, L2, L3? Risk indicators, I know applications move from L1 to L2 and then L3, but does it mean L1 is fastest or slowest? Couldn't find any further info about these risk assessment indicators (which seems to be assigned by automated risk assessment tool Chanook or some other machine learning)...any one has idea about these triage values?