+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 citizenship still waiting- let's gather here

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Anyone has idea about 'Triage' value? I have L2 and my security is in process which started since Feb, 2023. It should take 6-8 months, what boggles me is L2. My location is 'Grant Review Ready-PM01', where I understand PM01 is program officer of level 1 - whereas PM02, PM03 represents officers of higher ranks. What's difference between L1, L2, L3? Risk indicators, I know applications move from L1 to L2 and then L3, but does it mean L1 is fastest or slowest? Couldn't find any further info about these risk assessment indicators (which seems to be assigned by automated risk assessment tool Chanook or some other machine learning)...any one has idea about these triage values?
When did you apply? There are some old threads of files that were sent to St Clair with L2 in triage. Some were ok but many got RQ.

I don't know the difference between pm and levels. Could be that the each program office has 3 levels? That would put you at 1.2. Not as bad as 3.2 which some are experiencing. I guess the worst would be 3.3

Reactions: jojee2k6

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Anyone has idea about 'Triage' value? I have L2 and my security is in process which started since Feb, 2023. It should take 6-8 months, what boggles me is L2. My location is 'Grant Review Ready-PM01', where I understand PM01 is program officer of level 1 - whereas PM02, PM03 represents officers of higher ranks. What's difference between L1, L2, L3? Risk indicators, I know applications move from L1 to L2 and then L3, but does it mean L1 is fastest or slowest? Couldn't find any further info about these risk assessment indicators (which seems to be assigned by automated risk assessment tool Chanook or some other machine learning)...any one has idea about these triage values?
I have a note "Application referred from L1 to L2" since feb 2 this year, now redacted, but I could not figure out what it is.
I asked many times through webforms and emails, but they either don't know or won't tell.
I sent an ATIP request to ask why it was referred and an email to the MP office yesterday. Not sure if I will ever know.
Maybe if I get a lawyer they can find out...
I applied June 2021, and passed the test Feb 2022, no progress since then

My application is still in Montreal Citizenship, so it was not sent to St Clair. It is possible they got confused in my temporary housing arrangements that I had right after landing, so could be something related to presence.

From what I gathered PM03 is higher ranked than PM01, so I assume there are fewer of them, and the wait may be longer. There are some threads about careers in government on reddit and redflagdeals discussing the levels. Though from what I saw in job ads for PM03, the requirements are pretty low, much lower than my job, and I am not super high level i my organization.

Last edited:

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
How do you know that your security is in process? Mine is all redacted, so I can't tell if it is done or not. I assumed they did it with the background check.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
How do you know that your security is in process? Mine is all redacted, so I can't tell if it is done or not. I assumed they did it with the background check.
OK so @bas12 and @johnjkjk I applied on paper in Oct 2022 as family/group application and we took exam in Feb, 2023. My spouse had FP Req and after that her criminality is cleared and security passed and she had BGC. While my criminality is passed and security status is 'in process'. Below is snapshot of combined notes from CBSA. We both have Triage L2 and in location 'review ready PM01'. I consulted earlier with you @johnjkjk where you advised that my security is in process and will take 6-8 months and suggested to obtain CSIS notes as well once 110 days passed as security started on 08 Feb,2023. I'm perplexed about whole situation and boggling would it have RQ due to L2? My spouse application is on hault until my BG will be cleared. Cherry on top - VO is SCR. I'm thinking to send a request email to VO to separetely process my spouse and kid application, as mine will take longer as of security clearance - albeit notes are heavily redacted but I suspect its pending by CSIS now L2 and PM01 stuff making me concerned. I also dont see any S21 but S15(1), also I don't see any security sub-activity header page - perhaps redacted. Please advice. We are devastasted by such delay - I can feel how you and others from 2020-21 are experiencing this. I requested other ATIP as well.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
OK so @bas12 and @johnjkjk I applied on paper in Oct 2022 as family/group application and we took exam in Feb, 2023. My spouse had FP Req and after that her criminality is cleared and security passed and she had BGC. While my criminality is passed and security status is 'in process'. Below is snapshot of combined notes from CBSA. We both have Triage L2 and in location 'review ready PM01'. I consulted earlier with you @johnjkjk where you advised that my security is in process and will take 6-8 months and suggested to obtain CSIS notes as well once 110 days passed as security started on 08 Feb,2023. I'm perplexed about whole situation and boggling would it have RQ due to L2? My spouse application is on hault until my BG will be cleared. Cherry on top - VO is SCR. I'm thinking to send a request email to VO to separetely process my spouse and kid application, as mine will take longer as of security clearance - albeit notes are heavily redacted but I suspect its pending by CSIS now L2 and PM01 stuff making me concerned. I also dont see any S21 but S15(1), also I don't see any security sub-activity header page - perhaps redacted. Please advice. We are devastasted by such delay - I can feel how you and others from 2020-21 are experiencing this. I requested other ATIP as well.
It all looks very confusing, but I think PM01 is a good thing, unless that changes
https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadaPublicServants/comments/awygdm It is the lowest level, so you won't be slowed down by a shortage of more qualified staff.

I think I read something about other people on this forum successfully splitting their application from their spouses in a similar situation, and the spouses got their citizenships a lot faster.

I've got CSIS notes last fall, since I was not sure what to get, and was confused about the delay. They sent me a cd and a paper letter by mail for some reason, but they were faster than GMCS.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
It all looks very confusing, but I think PM01 is a good thing, unless that changes
https://www.reddit.com/r/CanadaPublicServants/comments/awygdm It is the lowest level, so you won't be slowed down by a shortage of more qualified staff.

I think I read something about other people on this forum successfully splitting their application from their spouses in a similar situation, and the spouses got their citizenships a lot faster.

I've got CSIS notes last fall, since I was not sure what to get, and was confused about the delay. They sent me a cd and a paper letter by mail for some reason, but they were faster than GMCS.
Thanks for sharing redddit link - seems PM-01 is entry level program officer, so no additional review required from senior officer. Yet the L2 makes me wonder. I rechecked, I have applied for CSIS notes on May 12. Lets see when I receive. I think I'm sending email on Tuesday to request separate processing for spouse and minors. Yet I'm devastated about my application - 8th month. Definitely I'm in comparison with others in huge delays and backlogs but in spreadsheet of Oct 70-80% are en route to oath already. I am very hopeful that I would see BGC in July/Aug, abeit their is additional time in DM and Oath - easily 3-4 months after BGC.

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
Thanks for sharing redddit link - seems PM-01 is entry level program officer, so no additional review required from senior officer. Yet the L2 makes me wonder. I rechecked, I have applied for CSIS notes on May 12. Lets see when I receive. I think I'm sending email on Tuesday to request separate processing for spouse and minors. Yet I'm devastated about my application - 8th month. Definitely I'm in comparison with others in huge delays and backlogs but in spreadsheet of Oct 70-80% are en route to oath already. I am very hopeful that I would see BGC in July/Aug, abeit their is additional time in DM and Oath - easily 3-4 months after BGC.
Good luck!
If I knew before what I know now, I would have tried my best to not end up in the over 12 months pile. I am regretting sending them a travel notification form at around 11 months for a trip that ended up not happening anyway. Maybe if I skipped that, I would have been a citizen for almost a year already.
For Montreal office it seems that about 90% of paper and online applicants from June 2021 were done by mid-August 2022 (there were only about 10 in the spreadsheet though). Not sure why exactly I lost that lottery. And now I guess it is litigation... How annoying and boring...

Last edited:

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016

Two points I will make respectfully:
1. You're barely 6 months into the application and already have review ready. Why are you worrying? As I told you, security can take 8 months. You're on target for 12 month standard processing. The time to start worrying is when you cross 18 months with no movement.
2. This thread is for 2021 who have crossed the 21 month period (or will soon) and are exasperated.

Last edited:

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Good luck!
If I knew before what I know now, I would have tried my best to not end up in the over 12 months pile. I am regretting sending them a travel notification form at around 11 months for a trip that ended up not happening anyway. Maybe if I skipped that, I would have been a citizen for almost a year already.
For Montreal office it seems that about 90% of paper and online applicants from June 2021 were done by mid-August 2022 (there were only about 10 though). Not sure why exactly I lost that lottery. And now I guess it is litigation... How annoying and boring...
Well you summarized it - indeed a lottery with no logic while we mush our mind in analysis and analytics - my takeaway: if application is picked up and processed in a flow, it goes smoothly in no time, else be forgotten for indefinite. Most of the time apps are stuck with no rational reason in the name of plausible doubt rather eventually turned out to be eating dust in pile and waiting to be picked up. No order no logic and every day we on the verge of distress seeking wonders in our application being processed. Good luck and I'm pretty much frustrated when I see Feb, 2023 taking oath - oh they have well know clarification statement on it: every case is different, and 21 months eh! Trust me my app is straight forward, never left canada after PR since last 4 yrs, applied with a buffer of 2 months. Nothing that could raise L2 or RQ (I dont know), both spouse and I share almost same travel history yet her BG is cleared and I'm stuck - may be name is common but didnt got FP Req, any other discriminatory factor, boh! I lost a potential permanent job offer while being on contract as couldn't met citizenship requirement in time. But eh! Job offer is not Urgent Processing. Anyways, we cancelled travel plans as well, with a fear that may be leaving CA while app is in process might cause further delays, but its not just travel urge, rather other factors too which are heavily impacted by this delayed app for indefinite time. I don't know what comes next and when. Time is just an illusion, when it comes to IRCC. Hence the lotto! Good luck to you too and all others in backlog! With all these automated AI chanook and machine learning tools, it could have been improved significantly, but such a fair and valued system affected by utter bureaucracy and sheer discrimination in the name of plausible doubt.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Two points I will make respectfully:
1. You're barely 6 months into the application and already have review ready. Why are you worrying? As I told you, security can take 8 months. You're on target for 12 month standard processing. The time to start worrying is when you cross 18 months with no movement.
2. This thread is for 2021 who have crossed the 21 month period (or will soon) and are exasperated.
Thanks for the comfort, its just L2 thing and security screening I fear about and if any RQ underway that would also take furrher time in concerned about. Having said that you are right and I totally empathize with 2021 folks, I urge with great wishes that soon this fiasco be over for all of folks and meself.
I think I should not comment further in this 2021 thread and I leave here with lots of best wishes and good luck to all of you!

becca545

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017

Where do you see L2 and Triage?

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
I didn't had L1, before test I got GCMS and it was empty, I received first ATIP on same day followed by test invite, the after we took test, spouse got FP Req - she had BGC while mine in process as of pending security clearance. Hence above screenshots are of 2nd GCMS which I got after spouse had BGC in March. I received these notes in April (last month) and I see L2 there in Triage and location - review ready PM01 (in 1st ATIP it was Digitized 2D Grants, which makes sense as nothing happened between AOR and test invite followed with 1st ATIP request).

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Thanks for the comfort, its just L2 thing and security screening I fear about and if any RQ underway that would also take furrher time in concerned about. Having said that you are right and I totally empathize with 2021 folks, I urge with great wishes that soon this fiasco be over for all of folks and meself.
I think I should not comment further in this 2021 thread and I leave here with lots of best wishes and good luck to all of you!
Even if they do want RQ, you'll find out in due course. It's good that you're file is already at the final stage of review 6 months in. I got to review ready 18 months in. Be patient!

• Love