+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2021 citizenship still waiting- let's gather here

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Got my passport today, a long and painful journey has come to and end!

Drove 500km to apply in person at Mississauga. Last minute hiccup: left original citizenship certificate at home in the printer when taking copies. Arranged for it to be sent to me (They don't accept photocopies).

The actual process of applying express pickup was easy. Several hour wait to apply but no queue for pickup. Need to show proof of travel or emergency for urgent/express.

I did not get the new design: they will start printing them next month at Mississauga. So stuck with the old colonial design for 10 years.
Congratulations on this! Finally your journey concluded. I have a question about express pickup. As proof of travel can we present a ticket even if we booked it after the Oath ceremony? I need to travel as soon as I can, but my oath is still not set. I am waiting for that to be over before I book the flight. Do they ask for a copy of the ticket for their record keeping or just show them the proof? Thanks!

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Congratulations on this! Finally your journey concluded. I have a question about express pickup. As proof of travel can we present a ticket even if we booked it after the Oath ceremony? I need to travel as soon as I can, but my oath is still not set. I am waiting for that to be over before I book the flight. Do they ask for a copy of the ticket for their record keeping or just show them the proof? Thanks!
I can't say because I relied on emergency need rather than travel. I don't think it would matter when you've booked it, as long as it's a proper booking, but it depends on the officer reviewing your file at the desk

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
I can't say because I relied on emergency need rather than travel. I don't think it would matter when you've booked it, as long as it's a proper booking, but it depends on the officer reviewing your file at the desk
Thank you! One more question, how did you submit e-certificate? Did you take a regular A4 paper printout of the certificate and submitted that along with your application? Thank you!

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Thank you! One more question, how did you submit e-certificate? Did you take a regular A4 paper printout of the certificate and submitted that along with your application? Thank you!
I don’t know how e-certificate works, I got paper.

I actually left my original at home 500 km away and had to get it because they wanted the original

Reactions: sj1234567

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Got my passport today, a long and painful journey has come to and end!

Drove 500km to apply in person at Mississauga. Last minute hiccup: left original citizenship certificate at home in the printer when taking copies. Arranged for it to be sent to me (They don't accept photocopies).

The actual process of applying express pickup was easy. Several hour wait to apply but no queue for pickup. Need to show proof of travel or emergency for urgent/express.

I did not get the new design: they will start printing them next month at Mississauga. So stuck with the old colonial design for 10 years.
Congratulations johnjkjk!!
Did you ask about the new passport design at the passport office? Who told you about the printing of the new passports from next month at Missisauga?
And when you say next month - which month is that - July 1st, August 1st?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Congratulations johnjkjk!!
Did you ask about the new passport design at the passport office? Who told you about the printing of the new passports from next month at Missisauga?
And when you say next month - which month is that - July 1st, August 1st?
I think the person at the counter said a month but I don't know for sure. You can try calling.

Reactions: Rutherfords

lila777

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Hi, I would like to share my update here.
I did the oath on June 28, and ask for urgent e-certificate because I need to travel.
But the clerk said they can only have it ready after 3-5 business day, there is no urgent process for e-certificate.
But I still sent the oath form with [Urgent Request] in the title and explain that I need to travel.
Today(June 29), My E-certificate is ready to download. and I applied the urgent pick up passport this morning.
I will be able to pick up my passport tomorrow (June 30) after 12 pm.
Thanks for sharing! How come they need 3-5 days for e-certificate but can issue paper immediately if you do in-person oath??

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for sharing! How come they need 3-5 days for e-certificate but can issue paper immediately if you do in-person oath??
Because they start the creation process after they receive the signed oath form. For in-person you are doing that in front of them so there is a guarantee, so they print it beforehand.

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Hi, I would like to share my update here.
I did the oath on June 28, and ask for urgent e-certificate because I need to travel.
But the clerk said they can only have it ready after 3-5 business day, there is no urgent process for e-certificate.
But I still sent the oath form with [Urgent Request] in the title and explain that I need to travel.
Today(June 29), My E-certificate is ready to download. and I applied the urgent pick up passport this morning.
I will be able to pick up my passport tomorrow (June 30) after 12 pm.
One quick question to you. When you applied for urgent pickup passport, how did you provide evidence of urgency? Also did you print your e-certificate using a regular printer and on A4 paper, to submit to passport office?

bas12

Apr 20, 2018
An interesting thing happened: I just received GCMS notes that I requested in November. The notes were generated in January, but they diceided to mail them last night at 2am. Maybe in a few months I'll get the notes from last September.

• Haha
Reactions: lila777

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Sent my paper application September 29 2020, and AOR is received January 2021.

So far, I only have background and citizenship test completed. I attended an interview on Feb 7th 2023, and nothing after that yet,, still in progress.

MP wasn't helpful.. I requested notes, and I received them on Jul 1st

It shows Apps Status: On Hold
App Status Reason: Suspended - Investigation

I was like: What!!!??

Ranash

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019

So far, I only have background and citizenship test completed. I attended an interview on Feb 7th 2023, and nothing after that yet,, still in progress.

Did you travel outside Canada?

NAAJ

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2015

How did your interview go?
Did the officer tell you anything about the next step? I suspect the decision to suspend your application might be related to the outcome of the interview?

Reactions: Ranash