Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Any residents travelled this week? Please update on the quarantine and test requirements.
I need to travel next week.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Just now i called cbsa asking on if i need test from canada to provide it to the border while returning back from daytrip and he said that i need test from US.
Its totally illogical. Ridiculous to expect a Canadian residents to provide test from US - or this article just only considered/ for nonresidents and they forgot to mention the travel restrictions for residents. Eitherway, cbsa is just reading this text and implementing literarily.
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada
"proof of a valid COVID-19 molecular test result taken in the U.S. "
This is what i was mentioning yesterday in the other thread! They are very poorly aligned and few of these CBSA agents behave like machines, they do not think what is what. And the craziest part is you cannot get test results within 24hours. Atleast 24 to 48hours. You cannot travel back same day unless its a Rapid test.

i do not understand the point of taking the test upon arrival(At the border. ?) Then what is the purpose of Test taken in the US? Are they nuts?

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
But thousands travel everyday to come back same day or next day. Seems this situation is not accounted at all. This is affecting people, especially residents.
This rule is just designed for US residents and for those people who you quoted, staying for a week or more. But rest of them cant produce a test result.
How will it make difference if i get the test in Canada or in US.
its not wrong but its not possible for some type of travellers to get from US. :(
Not just that.. starting from March 4, they are setting up testing center at the borders. We need to get tested again (even after bringing covid test reports) paying $250 out of pocket when we arrive and they'll give a kit for home testing with which we need to test on day ten or so.. it's going to be very complicated.

If we show up without test, then we are liable for criminal prosecution and up to $3k fines.. so cannot even dare to do that.

Might need to look for testing places with quick turnaround..

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Not just that.. starting from March 4, they are setting up testing center at the borders. We need to get tested again (even after bringing covid test reports) paying $250 out of pocket when we arrive and they'll give a kit for home testing with which we need to test on day ten or so.. it's going to be very complicated.

If we show up without test, then we are liable for criminal prosecution and up to $3k fines.. so cannot even dare to do that.

Might need to look for testing places with quick turnaround..
Correct. But where to look for testing places, in US?
This is what i was mentioning yesterday in the other thread! They are very poorly aligned and few of these CBSA agents behave like machines, they do not think what is what. And the craziest part is you cannot get test results within 24hours. Atleast 24 to 48hours. You cannot travel back same day unless its a Rapid test.

i do not understand the point of taking the test upon arrival(At the border. ?) Then what is the purpose of Test taken in the US? Are they nuts?
True. Its crazy and not planned to consider residents first.

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
Correct. But where to look for testing places, in US?

True. Its crazy and not planned to consider residents first.
In Detroit.. looking for labs that give report on same day or something.

They have considered residents. It is mainly targeted against Canadians who are taking non essential trips like vacation outside the country. They have done this to discourage them from traveling. Because of them, we are getting impacted big time.

• Sad
Reactions: harirajmohan

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
In Detroit.. looking for labs that give report on same day or something.

They have considered residents. It is mainly targeted against Canadians who are taking non essential trips like vacation outside the country. They have done this to discourage them from traveling. Because of them, we are getting impacted big time.
Hope they end these non-sensical rules once the spring break is over !! fingers crossed.

canprofus

Dec 20, 2019
Hope they end these non-sensical rules once the spring break is over !! fingers crossed.
I'm not very positive on it.. they never rollback a restriction. the health department they seem too conservative. For example, in US CDC revised its guidelines for quarantine from 14 days to 10 days if no tests are taken, and 7 days if test is taken on 5th or 6th day. Cases after 10 or 11 days would be very rare and are only edge ones... But Canada still seems to be pointlessly fixated on that 14 day number.

Reactions: localhost8100

rajgrk

Apr 17, 2019
Hello All,

I crossed Peace Bridge on March 2nd via Rental Car from US. Entire process was very smooth. I said, I want to complete my landing procedure and return back to US. They took my details, BSF186, 186a and allowed me to return to US after completing the procedure. At US, I had valid VISA and was able to enter without any issues.
I wanted to thank the forum members for sharing their experiences and answering questions.

mnsan81

Feb 28, 2021
Hi All,

Please help me on below questions : I am planning to cross Peace Bridge in 3rd week of May 2021.

1. PCR test is required for soft landing or come back on same day to USA?
2. Quarantine plan is required if i plan to return on same day?
3. PCR test is required while coming back from canada to usa by land in peace bridge?
4. document checklist for PR verification by land travel

Thanks in advance!
Thanks.