Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
11-03-2015
Passport Req..
02-06-2015
LANDED..........
04-07-2015
No, you should be good. I travelled around October end, i did not had any problem.
Sounds great. Are you a Canadian citizen or a PR holder?

viveksharmaz

Sep 14, 2018
Where did u booked your appointment for US embassy. I thought its closed because they cancelled my visa interview 3 times but that was for India.
. I am a COPR holder and need to to softlanding before sep 2021.. so planning to achieve two things at a time..
any one know if we can travel via land to saskatchawen. I am PNP holder and plan to travel by land border but I dont know anyone who as done via land for Saskatchawen .

Any help in this case will be really appreciated

peacefulpal

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
I'm in the same spot, planning to do a soft landing before Feb 2021. However, not sure if they are allowing that after Nov 21st. Please share links or any information you come across about the recent experiences crossing the border.

viveksharmaz

Sep 14, 2018
also where is it written that you cant do softlanding after Nov 21st .. I didnt see any thing on cic website.
Can you guide me please.

peacefulpal

Star Member
Oct 24, 2020
also where is it written that you cant do softlanding after Nov 21st .. I didnt see any thing on cic website.
Can you guide me please.
Thanks for the link. I have already seen this. It's not mentioned on the CIC website but heard that they are following a strict 14-day quarantine rule after
Nov 21st.

Harry1211

Oct 22, 2019
We did landing yesterday 11/21/20 - Peace Bridge Canada - NY.

We family of 3 - my wife , son and myself did Landing at 1.30 am early morning of 11/22/20.

Detailed Story :

Canada Side:
Officer at entry booth: only one booth open and officer asked documents. We provided documents needed.
He asked when are you planning to move permanently - we replied summer 2021.
Officer asked about GTF and he said we need to provide today.
Officer asked are you going back to New Jersey tonight and we replied we are going stay in Hotel in Buffalo after completing US immigration.
Officer asked do you have reservation and we said we don't have but we called the hotel.
Officer gave yellow slip along with our passports and asked us park and enter the building behind.

We entered the building and only one officer was inside and asked us to be seated.
After sometime he called me and asked us to provide the documents all went well.

He just asked me to write the complete address to send our PR cards and I have provided one.

Finally I asked him how to make U turn to USA, he asked are you not going to stay 14 day quarantine in Canada and I said no and after waiting for 10 to 15 minutes he showed us the way to US.

US Side:
Only one booth was open and officer asked basic questions on purpose of visit and our Visa status.
Then asked us to follow the officer and park the car near the CBP building.

I am on H1b with Valid I94 - visa expired.
My spouse - Previously on H1b then H4 and recently changed to H1b - expired H4 visa.

The good part was the immigration officer came outside and asked who needs I94 and I relied both and he asked both?
That relived me as he is familiar with our situation.

They asked us wait in the immigration hall asked us our H1b document and passport.
They checked all the years of our employment and verified the H1b documents in corresponding to the time period,
The experienced officer was checking my wife immigration and he made it quick might be because of his experience.

The other officer was little different asked my previous H1b documents took his time and with help of other officer finished the immigration.

Finally we were cleared and out of the US CBP around 3 am in the morning.

I want to thank the forum and all the people who shared their experience in COPR landing.
The forum gave me courage to do COPR landing and also finish US immigration without out visa but by using I94- AVR .

Thanks you all.
Hello rag2020, peanutbutterjelly,

First of all thank you for sharing your experience.

I am planning to do soft landing on 15th January via peace Bridge and return to US same day. Did you use ArriveCan application for landing? I see it mentioned on the government website that after 21st November we need to submit all information(landing date, Quarantine plan etc) in the app and carry ArriveCan slip when we travel.

Sakshi1102

Jan 21, 2021
Hello rag2020, peanutbutterjelly,

First of all thank you for sharing your experience.

I am planning to do soft landing on 15th January via peace Bridge and return to US same day. Did you use ArriveCan application for landing? I see it mentioned on the government website that after 21st November we need to submit all information(landing date, Quarantine plan etc) in the app and carry ArriveCan slip when we travel.
Hi Harry1211,

i am in the same boat and planning to do soft landing from US via peace bridge. Can you please share your experience and any difficulties that you faced. Thanks in advance.

Harry1211

Oct 22, 2019
Hi Harry1211,

i am in the same boat and planning to do soft landing from US via peace bridge. Can you please share your experience and any difficulties that you faced. Thanks in advance.
Hello Sakshi,

I completed my landing and it went really smooth.If you have any specific questions i would be happy to assist.

Anu_03

Jan 30, 2021
Hello Sakshi and Vivek,

I have initiated a private conversation.Please check
Hi Harry and all other people,

Let me explain our situation, Our COPR got expired last year in May. We did not go to validate our COPR due to COVID. We raised web form in Dec that we want to Travel now, IRCC replied stating that we have extended your docs validity; however, wanted us to respond to that email in 10 days by answering few questions. One of the conditions were, you are moving Canada permanently. Rest other options were fine; however, this option made us worried. After discussing with folks they said say yes. We received AL after responding to their email. We were planning to go to Canada next week by air and after completing the quarantine requirements we had a plan to come back to US and move Canada later. Now, Canadian govt has announced that all passengers have to take Covid test at Airport on arrival and have to quarantine in hotel for 3 days and cost will be approx CAD 2000. Since its super expensive, we are now planning to validate our PR via land. We live in NJ and planning to get the requirements done at Peace Bridge border. Please suggest would it be a problem? Can officer ask that you folks mentioned that you will be moving permanently and now you are here for soft landing? None of the papers say that we can not do soft landing and not even the AL. I just wanted to be sure before making a road trip to Peace bridge as we are three, I my spouse and a toddler. Please help!

Harry1211

Oct 22, 2019
Hi Harry and all other people,

Let me explain our situation, Our COPR got expired last year in May. We did not go to validate our COPR due to COVID. We raised web form in Dec that we want to Travel now, IRCC replied stating that we have extended your docs validity; however, wanted us to respond to that email in 10 days by answering few questions. One of the conditions were, you are moving Canada permanently. Rest other options were fine; however, this option made us worried. After discussing with folks they said say yes. We received AL after responding to their email. We were planning to go to Canada next week by air and after completing the quarantine requirements we had a plan to come back to US and move Canada later. Now, Canadian govt has announced that all passengers have to take Covid test at Airport on arrival and have to quarantine in hotel for 3 days and cost will be approx CAD 2000. Since its super expensive, we are now planning to validate our PR via land. We live in NJ and planning to get the requirements done at Peace Bridge border. Please suggest would it be a problem? Can officer ask that you folks mentioned that you will be moving permanently and now you are here for soft landing? None of the papers say that we can not do soft landing and not even the AL. I just wanted to be sure before making a road trip to Peace bridge as we are three, I my spouse and a toddler. Please help!
Hi Anu,

You case is a little different from mine since my COPR was still valid when I traveled via land. I feel it's always going to be your own decison if it's worth a risk. What I can suggest would be to give it a shot since going by land would be the best bet and less regulations compared to air travel. You would need 2 solid reasons as I understand:
1) At checkpoint convince the officer that you traveled due to COPR expired and reissued. So don't want it to expire again so he would let you in canada
2)Once you get in the building, and here's the tricky part. You would have to convince the immigration officer the urgency and need of soft landing. Try to convince him that you would travel soon after wrapping up some work.

Again it's your decision and considering borders are open only for essential travel. You would have to decide.