+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
We should start a Twitter thread for putting some pressure on them, how can they justify 2021 people getting oaths when 2019 and 2020 folks are still stuck??
Will that even make a difference? They will still do what they wanna do. We can still try though!

Alkoya75

Nov 24, 2020
I have a weird situation, I did my test in august 26th, then got interview on september 21st, the agent then told me i will be receiving FP request, since then my physical presence, language, and test are completed, but BG and prohibition is in progress and no news from them further, now my question is, is it possible for someone to do test without BG being completed, and why is it taking so log to receive the FP request, i wonder if anybody else is in the same boat

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
I have a weird situation, I did my test in august 26th, then got interview on september 21st, the agent then told me i will be receiving FP request, since then my physical presence, language, and test are completed, but BG and prohibition is in progress and no news from them further, now my question is, is it possible for someone to do test without BG being completed, and why is it taking so log to receive the FP request, i wonder if anybody else is in the same boat
Except oath, any step can be done before or after any other step, very normal. My test and interview was also done before BC.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
To guys who requested CBSA notes, what you guys think if these notes provide sufficient information about your application?

relentlessmom

Feb 21, 2020
hi,

what is the difference between backgrounnd verification and prohibition?

in our cased we passed the exam last dec 2019. then covid came we did not received our any update. when we made a follow-up from the old system it was "DM" but we did not receive any invite for oath taking. we waited then came the new system. when we checked they did background verification nov 2020, dec 2020 then now. how long does the background verification process takes?

relentlessmom

Feb 21, 2020
Anyone who recently got his/her background verification completed after being stuck with it for long time, please share your timeline ? I have seen some 2018/2019 posts where average background verification took 6-7 months but there is no such data for 2020/2021, so thought maybe it will be good if we can share how much time CSIS is currently taking to do BC or if there is any backlog there due to COVID.
ours was background verification completed then another one in progress.

relentlessmom

Feb 21, 2020
We should start a Twitter thread for putting some pressure on them, how can they justify 2021 people getting oaths when 2019 and 2020 folks are still stuck??
hi there, just like you we are also stuck. in our case BC was completed already Nov 2019 then took the exam and passed Dec 2019. after that we were waiting for our invite for Oath Taking. When the new system for tracking, it appeared that after our exam they did another BC and completed last Nov 2020 and Dec 2020. As of today, it appeared there BC in progress. we are really stuck. its hanging for us.

relentlessmom

Feb 21, 2020
I don’t get it how these files are picked up for detailed BG checks! In my case my wife and mine BG is in progress since AOR! Never travelled outside canada even for once after becoming PR , had PR in less than 4 moths! I won’t mind waiting if things are genuinely delayed due to covid or departmental delays but the thing is people who applied after me have already got their test invites! So stressful all this Citizenship process seems! I’m sure June 2020 is the month when instead of starting processing of the citizenship applications IRCC sent these applications to departments for detailed BG checks just to buy more time and to punish these people who applied during the covid and it’s locke-down.
our case is worse. we passed the exam already last dec 2019 but until now waiting for the invite to oath. BC completed before and after the exam. now another BC in progress. i dont know why. our police check here and in our previous country is good. no records found. i guess i will not except anything just wait until we will get an invite.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Hi guys i need your insight into this.
So long story short, my BG is in progress security part.

1. Checked from IRCC GCMS.

2. Requested CBSA notes and don’t see anything meaningful information there!

so my question is how to find out if security is pending with CBSA because notes from CBSA are not more than travelling information? I don’t see anywhere where they tell me where my file is pending!

would somebody guide me how to interpret CBSA notes?

3. Got notes from CSS and on the very first page they say the assessment was completed and IRCC was advised about an year ago that’s the day when my application went into process!

so now the question is to those who had security pending what you guys see on the first page does it say it pending/ in process/ or completed and IRCC advised as in my notes?

im so confused BG is pending since Dec 2020.

@rajkamalmohanram, @hawat

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi guys i need your insight into this.
So long story short, my BG is in progress security part.

1. Checked from IRCC GCMS.

2. Requested CBSA notes and don’t see anything meaningful information there!

so my question is how to find out if security is pending with CBSA because notes from CBSA are not more than travelling information? I don’t see anywhere where they tell me where my file is pending!

would somebody guide me how to interpret CBSA notes?

3. Got notes from CSS and on the very first page they say the assessment was completed and IRCC was advised about an year ago that’s the day when my application went into process!

so now the question is to those who had security pending what you guys see on the first page does it say it pending/ in process/ or completed and IRCC advised as in my notes?

im so confused BG is pending since Dec 2020.

@rajkamalmohanram, @hawat
CSIS does the security part, not CBSA. AFAIK, IRCC + CBSA do immigration checks, RCMP does criminality and CSIS does security.

It is very difficult to find this information from notes. You won't find anything extra in the CBSA notes. CSIS notes - they differ from person to person I believe. The GCMS notes from IRCC won't talk anything about security, the entire page will be redacted.

Sorry but I don't know what else to say here but to give it more time. It is very unfortunate that your application is stuck in BG checks. What's the status of your criminality in your GCMS notes?

Reactions: SaskCana

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Criminality is passed in Dec 2020.
that’s what I’m thinking Css notes say they advised the IrCC and screening was completed. That’s the confusion, if it was still on going it probably would say and as some people posted here that’s it’s in process or something. It said security screening was completed and IRCC was advised!

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
CSIS does the security part, not CBSA. AFAIK, IRCC + CBSA do immigration checks, RCMP does criminality and CSIS does security.

It is very difficult to find this information from notes. You won't find anything extra in the CBSA notes. CSIS notes - they differ from person to person I believe. The GCMS notes from IRCC won't talk anything about security, the entire page will be redacted.

Sorry but I don't know what else to say here but to give it more time. It is very unfortunate that your application is stuck in BG checks. What's the status of your criminality in your GCMS notes?
Hi what does immigration check means ? Thanks.