+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

itspossible9

Feb 17, 2021
Same email that you got an email from when you applied to CBSA.
If you requested GCMS notes from CBSA then you should get the response asking extension from Brigitte Carrier. The contact details of a person who is working on your request should be in the attached pdf. In my case I emailed and called the person directly. They did not took my call but returned my call and told me that they are getting a lot of requests but they will try to provide my GCMS notes as soon as possible and after few days I got the note. The person whom I talked with was very nice and patient. I hope you get the same person and hope you get your GCMS notes soon. Good wishes!

Dr Nonsky

Feb 9, 2016
Thank you. Either your BG check completed or you have test invite. It might be a fingerprints request as well but check your tracker tmrw morning and update us all. Wish you the best. Thanks.
No further update after the ghost update on Aug 30th. I was hoping to see my BG at least completed the next day. To say I'm frustrated is putting it mildly. Lol

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
Hey guys! Question. So, I applied for Canadian citizenship in April 2021. On June 29, I received an AOR. On August 29, I checked my application status online and noticed that my application was updated. When I checked again on August 31, I saw that my background check had been completed. What does that mean? Does that mean that I have passed the "criminality/security" stage? I was hoping to receive a request for fingerprinting, but I haven't received anything. I look forward to hearing from someone soon. Thanks

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
Anybody else received a ghost update? Mine shows file was updated Aug 30 but everything remained the same. Submitted June 30 2020. BG check still in progress
Check it again after 2 days or so. I had a similar experience. My file was updated on August 29 but everything remained the same. When I checked again on August 31, my file had been updated to reflect that background check is complete.

Reactions: royce110

farzad1983

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
Doc's Request.
14-04-2016/17-05-2016
AOR Received.
03-04-2016
Med's Done....
07-04-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I believe I was stuck in Security. Because it is done by CSIS, you have to be cleared internationally by a no. of countries ( I cannot remember the exact #) and depending on many factors (name, travel, backlog of the office processing ur request, availability of personnel doing these checks both within and outside Canada in the respective security and intelligence organizations) this stage might get delayed.
So that might be the reason my application is stuck at "Test Pending Clearance" stage. As for my first job I had to travel for business to probably two dozens of countries. That really sucks as my application is now 11 month since AOR.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
So that might be the reason my application is stuck at "Test Pending Clearance" stage. As for my first job I had to travel for business to probably two dozens of countries. That really sucks as my application is now 11 month since AOR.
No that’s not true, it all depends on your previous county of residence!

Last edited: