+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hello Everyone, my FP was requested and now ready for pick up at my local police. should I just send it directly to the CIC address on my letter via Canada post since my local police insisted they can't do it but I need to do it on my own? Please I need some advice right now.
Yes send it yourself to the address mentioned on the letter you got. Call them after a few weeks to follow up.

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi all,

I got my ATIP notes from CBSA today within 10 days but they are only 6 pages. They are showing the timeline but nothing in detail. My criminality is done but security still in progress. This was my first time ordering notes.

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hi all,

I got my ATIP notes from CBSA today within 10 days but they are only 6 pages. They are showing the timeline but nothing in detail. My criminality is done but security still in progress. This was my first time ordering notes.
How to get full notes. I was thinking to
make another ATIP notes request from CBSA. What should I say so I get my full notes? Please advise. Thank you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all,

How to get full notes. I was thinking to
make another ATIP notes request from CBSA. What should I say so I get my full notes? Please advise. Thank you.
You should be very specific about your request. If you don't provide specific instructions in the text box where they ask you for information, these things are bound to happen. Say something like "Please provide GCMS notes, electronic case notes of officers and status updates pertaining to my citizenship grant application with application number CXXXXXXXXX"

Reactions: Rocketsingh500

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
You should be very specific about your request. If you don't provide specific instructions in the text box where they ask you for information, these things are bound to happen. Say something like "Please provide GCMS notes, electronic case notes of officers and status updates pertaining to my citizenship grant application with application number CXXXXXXXXX"
Thank you. It’s asking me to choose Case Files or Corporate Records? I should go with Case Files... right? This is what I selected last time when I submitted my request.

Rocketsingh500

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
If there are chances for federal elections in Canada this year. We might see IRCC processing Citizenship files rapidly. They would like brand new citizens casting their votes. What do you guys think about this?

Reactions: Kornet

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Yes send it yourself to the address mentioned on the letter you got. Call them after a few weeks to follow up.
I did mine at accreditation agency and they sent it automatically. Two days later I saw update that my FP received.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
With all due respect to all those individual whose application is stuck in security BG check , in my opinion is not gonna get through this year not even next! People who had criminality pending they have started receiving FPs now and will be getting test invites soon, but no news for those who are being scrutinize ! I’m getting hopeless now! It’s a long time

JustCitizen

May 26, 2021
With all due respect to all those individual whose application is stuck in security BG check , in my opinion is not gonna get through this year not even next! People who had criminality pending they have started receiving FPs now and will be getting test invites soon, but no news for those who are being scrutinize ! I’m getting hopeless now! It’s a long time
Agreed 100% !!! I am now more curious about knowing the REASON of me being stuck in BC rather than getting "Citizenship" I swear!!! I am prepared to leave if required because there is nothing unusual at all in my app/profile and I think I am being punished on racial grounds.

Maybe we should start thinking about Mandamus. Maybe @umanitoba can help/lead us because (s)he had this done earlier unfortunately. I heard that there has to be some sort of proof of communications between IRCC/CSIS and the applicant to represent in the court.

Reactions: Kornet

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Agreed 100% !!! I am now more curious about knowing the REASON of me being stuck in BC rather than getting "Citizenship" I swear!!! I am prepared to leave if required because there is nothing unusual at all in my app/profile and I think I am being punished on racial grounds.

Maybe we should start thinking about Mandamus. Maybe @umanitoba can help/lead us because (s)he had this done earlier unfortunately. I heard that there has to be some sort of proof of communications between IRCC/CSIS and the applicant to represent in the court.
Fingerprints are requested if RCMP advises IRCC that criminality clearance cannot be issued for a particular applicant without fingerprints.

I don't think there are racist motives here - I mean I'm a brown fella and I have some friends who are all brown and belong to different religions (if you are thinking about it in that angle) and many of them did not receive fingerprint requests. Look at the September 2020 spreadsheet, there are people from different nationalities in different parts of Canada and most of them never received a FP request and they are already done with their tests.

The general consensus is that if you have a rather common name and if your name/DOB is a match with someone who has a criminal record, RCMP will ask for fingerprints to rule out the possibility of that person with a criminal record being you.

It is too pessimistic IMHO to think that just because you got fingerprint requests or your application is still pending BG checks you are going to wait until the END of next year. That claim is preposterous IMO, to say the least. Yes, this delays the application, for sure, but not necessarily years worth of delay. Some cases you see where the applicants have been waiting for years and years (since 2016, for example) are outliers - that doesn't happen to everybody. There was one applicant who was interviewed directly by CSIS because they probably wanted to rule out any flags/suspicions that was raised in their review.

My point here is it isn't fun when you receive a FP request. But it is not the worst thing there is. It will delay your application by a few weeks or months but other than that, years worth of delay is not very common.

If you have looked into the case files of certain mandamus cases (guess you might find some references in this thread), they are all unique cases with enormous delays. It is an expensive process, very technical with extensive paperwork and if the court doesn't approve, you'll still have to pay your lawyer (I don't think it'll cost less than CAD 5000). I'm not saying mandamus is not an option but thinking about mandamus right after you receive a fingerprint request (or your application is still in BG checks) isn't the right way to look at this process IMHO.

The first course of action would be GCMS notes, then contacting the MP. If there is no satisfactory response and nothing else works out, hire an experienced lawyer and discuss your case with them and ask how probable it is to get mandamus approved for your case.

I wish all of you good luck and see some quick progress on your applications! All the best!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jamiez04

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020

Guys, just hold on for sometime more. I recently got my BG verification to Completd. I have similar timeline as you both or quite a few who I have interacted here in the past. Most of the applicants who were stuck with BG are now getting either Finger Print request or BG status changed to completed without any FP request. I have definitely seen some movment in past 3-4 days so hang in there you guys will hear something.

Reactions: royce110

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
I don’t know what to say haven’t seen anyone here whose Security was cleared in leas than 5 years? So considering that we all are so unfortunates. Can somebody creat a thread just to ask those people who were unfortunate like us and had to undergo a brief security checks, if they wanna share there timelines when they got cleared in after how many years!

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Guys, just hold on for sometime more. I recently got my BG verification to Completd. I have similar timeline as you both or quite a few who I have interacted here in the past. Most of the applicants who were stuck with BG are now getting either Finger Print request or BG status changed to completed without any FP request. I have definitely seen some movment in past 3-4 days so hang in there you guys will hear something.
Good news here as well! My BG status also just turned to completed. So it took around 8 months to become completed. I did not receive any FP request. So, I would say based on my experience wait for 8 months. Also, it is clear now that CBSA is not involved in this process.