+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Refugee Claim waiting hearings/Refused/Accepted with family

PARMOD92

Apr 16, 2020
Hi all

I came to Canada with my wife in 2019 and made refugee claim and till sep 2021 I am waiting for hearing but nothing received yet .

I have filled my claim by myself and after that I go to govt lawyer but due to legal aid lawyer he didn't answer my questions. I have few questions.

I want to move montreal to Toronto. Is this effect my refugee claim or not and do I need to move my whole case ?
We got baby girl in Nov 2020 .. is she citizen or she she is stateless

many people coming after me getting hearings but I didn't got hearing is there any way to get heared on priority?
my family (mother father /brother) back to home country is in danger now ..is there any way ti get them here ?
Can someone please suggest me good lawyer in Ontario
Can I also apply on humnatrian basis as I didn't got hearing yet ?
I am in too much tension ...please guide me. I am really very thankful to all of you

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Hi all

I came to Canada with my wife in 2019 and made refugee claim and till sep 2021 I am waiting for hearing but nothing received yet .

I have filled my claim by myself and after that I go to govt lawyer but due to legal aid lawyer he didn't answer my questions. I have few questions.

I want to move montreal to Toronto. Is this effect my refugee claim or not and do I need to move my whole case ?

many people coming after me getting hearings but I didn't got hearing is there any way to get heared on priority?
my family (mother father /brother) back to home country is in danger now ..is there any way ti get them here ?
I am in too much tension ...please guide me. I am really very thankful to all of you
Sorry about your case. Your baby is a citizen and not stateless. In terms of getting a hearing date, have you tried to contact IRB? Moving towns will not have much effect on your claim but you have to inform them of new address.

All the best.

Hws24

Star Member
Mar 15, 2019
Hi
I understand your frustration, I am in Ontario with legal aid lawyer with my children and my spouse is left back in our country, I have submitted to expedite the process of hearing but it was rejected here is my timeline:
I submitted my claim 01Jan2019,
virtual hearing notification on May 2021 for hearing date 26 Aug 2021 and got positive decision
it s a long wait and it is 3 years since our family has been separated, the frustration the pain and agony is overwhelming and we are still in the process, just hang on there, they are working on the Covid-19 backlog now
best of luck to you and your family, but honestly waiting is your only solution now and it will happen soon.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all

If you move to Ontario you no longer qualify for Quebec legal aid and must find a new lawyer in Ontario. You extended family can’t be included on your asylum claim. At this point withdrawing your asylum claim would leave you would trigger your removal order. You have waited so long for your hearing so it makes no sense to start the waiting all over again for an H&C claim. H&C is usually harder to secure than asylum if you have fled from persecution.

PARMOD92

Apr 16, 2020
Hi
I understand your frustration, I am in Ontario with legal aid lawyer with my children and my spouse is left back in our country, I have submitted to expedite the process of hearing but it was rejected here is my timeline:
virtual hearing notification on May 2021 for hearing date 26 Aug 2021 and got positive decision
it s a long wait and it is 3 years since our family has been separated, the frustration the pain and agony is overwhelming and we are still in the process, just hang on there, they are working on the Covid-19 backlog now
best of luck to you and your family, but honestly waiting is your only solution now and it will happen soon.
Can you please suggest any best lawyer and how to expedite the process of hearing also

PARMOD92

Apr 16, 2020
Hi
Congratulations for your positive result also

Javed120

Star Member
Apr 18, 2014
Hi
M’y parants are refugee claims in 2020 January
They have hearing date in December 2021
But few weeks ago my father had open heart surgery
Also they doctor found alser.
My father was 24 days in hospital
7 days in ICU
It’s any support for case .can u help me
Any is are any things have to do to their case positive.help please dear all members

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
M’y parants are refugee claims in 2020 January
They have hearing date in December 2021
But few weeks ago my father had open heart surgery
Also they doctor found alser.
My father was 24 days in hospital
7 days in ICU
It’s any support for case .can u help me
Any is are any things have to do to their case positive.help please dear all members
His medical situation doesn’t impact whether he is determined to have been persecuted in his home country.

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
In my opinion.go to your lawyer and tell him I am Availble to give you some fees if you get my hearing ASAP .

givelawyer 1000/1500 as his fee because he will then contact irb and give his schedule for hearing availability ..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In my opinion.go to your lawyer and tell him I am Availble to give you some fees if you get my hearing ASAP .

givelawyer 1000/1500 as his fee because he will then contact irb and give his schedule for hearing availability ..
The lawyer can’t get you an earlier hearing. Not up to them. Would add this is part of normal services as a lawyer so no additional payment should be required,

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
It’s your opinion but I dnt agree because after a specific time it’s in the hand of lawyer to confirm his availability for next 6 months .. and usually after 2 years of case submission lawyers can make it possible .

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
It’s your opinion but I dnt agree because after a specific time it’s in the hand of lawyer to confirm his availability for next 6 months .. and usually after 2 years of case submission lawyers can make it possible .
How long have you been in Canada ?
Lawyers do not have any influence on scheduling hearing dates. And yes usually waiting period is about 2 years unless you are from countries with less complex cases

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The lawyers are constantly giving their availability. That is part of their job. Their availability doesn’t ensure an earlier hearing.