+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

Cocorosie

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Guys! i am Mar 2019 applicant, and haven't heard anything since medical was passed in May (1st week) this year... I am debating if i shall send a web-form or request GCMS notes at this stage???
Would appreciate any suggestion or input, especially from those who have gone through these two steps recently and it benefited their file?

Also that be great, if someone can please share the procedure to request GCMS notes ???
I posted this a while ago in the group:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2019-quebec-inland-spouse-common-law-sponsorship-applicants-only.639890/post-8429248

Reactions: gxmener

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Ive got DM on both sides today !!!!
Congrats :)
I'm so happy for you all that got dm those day. We are march 2018 applicant and no answer yet. We had to renew my husband's work permit yesterday because it expires on July 24 . 28 months later, all the fees for the sponsorship are paid, we even recieve pre arrival but yet no answer and we had to pay 340$ more for a new permit and it add more psychological/financal stress.
i will never understand why they are so unhuman with us.
So i'm so happy for you guys

gxmener

Aug 25, 2019
Congrats :)
I'm so happy for you all that got dm those day. We are march 2018 applicant and no answer yet. We had to renew my husband's work permit yesterday because it expires on July 24 . 28 months later, all the fees for the sponsorship are paid, we even recieve pre arrival but yet no answer and we had to pay 340$ more for a new permit and it add more psychological/financal stress.
i will never understand why they are so unhuman with us.
So i'm so happy for you guys
That wait time is awful. I feel for you guys; the psychological distress of not receiving any news can be overwhelming. Do you mind telling us more about your situation? What steps have you completed (background check, medicals, etc)? What is the country of birth of the sponsored person? I heard that some countries are deemed more “suspicious” by immigration officers. Have you contacted your MP/requested GCMS notes?

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
That wait time is awful. I feel for you guys; the psychological distress of not receiving any news can be overwhelming. Do you mind telling us more about your situation? What steps have you completed (background check, medicals, etc)? What is the country of birth of the sponsored person? I heard that some countries are deemed more “suspicious” by immigration officers. Have you contacted your MP/requested GCMS notes?
Hi
My husband is from tunisia , been here since 10 years, out of status when we applied. we were expecting that they don't belive in our relation but I see in my notes that they open our files for the first time aug 8 2019. The agent resume our application and write that he is not satisfied with our relation proof so that day he ask for more proof ... 17 months after we applied !! they could have ask way earlier.... so we submit new proof late aug 2019 and dec 20 2019 the second note said that the agent is satisfied and the send us AIP and SA that day.
Police, CSQ , and medical were asked in the first 5 months. No communication from them between aug 2018 and aug 2019.
Despite the fact that we send a sworn declaration in the original application stating that he have a unknown son in USA and that he will never sponsor him , they ask for a medical for him with aip. our representant send an explanation letter with a new sorn declaration. Two month later they asked us for proof that he tried to contact his mother and that he dont have the legal gard . we submit all that and two months later they send us a letter stating that they accept to remove the child. 6 days later we receive pre arrival.

PR application in process ; aug 2019
background check ; start in march 2019 , not complete ( on gkecy )
Security check : NO IDEA !! we start putting a little bit of pressure becaus we didnt want to renew the permit so ; 2 first times we called, told us that everything is complete and they put jully 20 for review. 1 time we called told us that security is not started and 1 time MP called and they said the same thing security check is not started. really ??? They told us everything is complete and AFTER that they say no it's not done ? They really send pre arrival without elligibility beeing passed ?
Medical exipre since 2019 sept but they didnt ask for another... for now.
Pre arrival ; may 21

Mp involved in our case since feb 2020
Second batch of note ordered june 11th should receive soon.

Jmlegea

Sep 25, 2018
Hi. I'm Quebec applicant July 24, 2019 (almost 1 year).

I didn't get medical request yet and my background is not updated either. Would be good idea to do my medical exam up-front?

Thanks

ilyask

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hi. I'm Quebec applicant July 24, 2019 (almost 1 year).

I didn't get medical request yet and my background is not updated either. Would be good idea to do my medical exam up-front?

Thanks
You can email the clinique rosemont maisonneuve and they will tell you if your efile is open or no. You cant do medical upfront if your emedical file is not open

gxmener

Aug 25, 2019
You can email the clinique rosemont maisonneuve and they will tell you if your efile is open or no. You cant do medical upfront if your emedical file is not open
This is interesting, how did you find out about this trick? And how do we know IRCC will request this particular clinic and not another one?

ilyask

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
This is interesting, how did you find out about this trick? And how do we know IRCC will request this particular clinic and not another one?
All cliniques with e medical have access to it. But I learned about it here in this exact forum and that's the Clinique I went to for my medical test.

ilyask

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
i just called IRCC and she said it not official complete so no email no update just wait ....
and my file still in CPC, i hope it going Calgary i already saw 2 ppl in Montreal finish PR by Calgary office! so fast !
Have you gotten your COPR yet ?