+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

Quebec boy

May 17, 2020
It's when you ask for help from your member of parliament when you case has passed the 12 months period.
Can you tell lease guide me how to do that? And you are talking about the full sponsorship application 12 months time period or CSQ?

Quebec boy

May 17, 2020
Hi !
https://www.noscommunes.ca/Members/fr

You need to put your postal code to find yours. And yes this is about the 12 months process. Not only CSQ. In quebec the average is always more than 12 months... What is your timeline ?
Application sent in October 2019
Aor received in January 2020
Csq application sent in February 2020
They took payment futon my credit card in April 2020, since then nothing else happened, waiting

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
You
Application sent in October 2019
Aor received in January 2020
Csq application sent in February 2020
They took payment futon my credit card in April 2020, since then nothing else happened, waiting
You are still in the normal processing time. Contacting your MP will not help and I think that to put pressure on them before the 12 months might not be a good idea , I would be afraid that it would have the opposite effect . but this is just my opinion !

ilyask

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
You

You are still in the normal processing time. Contacting your MP will not help and I think that to put pressure on them before the 12 months might not be a good idea , I would be afraid that it would have the opposite effect . but this is just my opinion !
Yeah, I agree it's better to wait until you pass your 12 months.

Reactions: Minian

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
yes... sad
We call them today and they told us that all the eligibilty on pa side is done ( that is why we receive pre arrival ) and that they put july 20th for 'due date' for the final review... they are unbelievable.... we are waiting since 27 months. All is complete. And for any logical reason they will takeeee their time to make a decision...
This is so annoying.

Reactions: Melky and bruceh

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Hi,
I've seen you renewed your owp; may I ask if you applied online or paper?
Thanks in advance
Hey, sorry I just switched off from this forum for ages because I had nothing and didn't see the point talking about it until something actually happened.

Yes; my OWP got renewed and I am good until end of May 2021, although hopefully my PR application will be done way before then :)

Thanks for asking!

(PS I applied online as it's much quicker than paper and you get instant AOR).

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Hi all,

Sorry I've not been round for a while. I just didn't see the point chatting and getting frustrated about the lack of updates.

So since I was last active:

My OWP extension got accepted; I'm now good until May 2021 so that's a relief!

On the PR side;
I received both SA and AIP on the same day (1st May 2020).
I finally got my medical exam passed on 12th June 2020 even though I provided it upfront in February! Anyway, another hurdle passed!

My ECAS has this cryptic message "We sent you a letter on June 12, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Not sure what this is about; I highly doubt it's DM as my application is still "in process". Any idea what this could be?

Either way, things are finally moving and hopefully I'm only a few weeks away from being able to breathe again.

Well done to those of you who got PR recently, so very happy for you! Hopefully the rest of us can finally get over the line soon and go back to normal life.

ATVB!

Reactions: Y1N6ZI

bruceh

Oct 9, 2019
Hi all,

Sorry I've not been round for a while. I just didn't see the point chatting and getting frustrated about the lack of updates.

On the PR side;
I finally got my medical exam passed on 12th June 2020 even though I provided it upfront in February! Anyway, another hurdle passed!

My ECAS has this cryptic message "We sent you a letter on June 12, 2020. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Not sure what this is about; I highly doubt it's DM as my application is still "in process". Any idea what this could be?

Either way, things are finally moving and hopefully I'm only a few weeks away from being able to breathe again.

Well done to those of you who got PR recently, so very happy for you! Hopefully the rest of us can finally get over the line soon and go back to normal life.

ATVB!
This looks like a passport request to me! Congratulations! Check this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/information-letter-from-cic.601096/

Reactions: sms1982

Minian

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi all,

On the PR side;

ATVB!
Maybe pre arrival ?

Reactions: sms1982

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Thanks man, I hope so! My ECAS is still showing "in process" but as my medical is now passed I only have background / security checks left (which have been going on since last August!) so it would make sense that it's towards the end of the application.

Hopefully I'll get the letter tomorrow or Tuesday and I'll let you guys know. Getting this over the line after 15 months would be wonderful!