+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
I know when I did my documents for McGill, you had to be a Canadian citizen or PR to qualify for Quebec residency. A quick search on McGills website says there are exemptions for international students who are awaiting their PR, I've linked it here. But you need a CSQ, a study permit, and a letter from CIC to qualify. Make sure you're very aware what you need, and when your fees are all due. I know on my work permit, it specifically said I wasn't allowed to undertake any education, so just be careful if you don't want to get the CAQ that you also follow your work permit conditions.

https://www.mcgill.ca/legaldocuments/exemption
I know all that. My question was about the timeline. I don’t care about the work permit as I will apply for a study permit when I get my CSQ. I just want to know if it will be out before December 1st.

gabycm

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
I know all that. My question was about the timeline. I don’t care about the work permit as I will apply for a study permit when I get my CSQ. I just want to know if it will be out before December 1st.
I would assume you get the CSQ by then... But don't take my word for it. I am in a somewhat familiar situation but had a tighter time frame (needed to renew study permit before Aug 30th). I went ahead and did the CAQ in april and that whole process was about 2 months (last time I applied for the CAQ in 2017 it took 20 days, I think COVID really messed up the processing). I would say based on the CAQ timeframe that you can wait a bit longer for your CSQ to arrive. Hope that helps!

Importer

Aug 28, 2020
Received Medical Request and AIP .

Timeline :
PR App received by them : 7-Aug-2019
AOR : 16-Sep-2019
CSQ App : 6-Oct-2019
CSQ in mail : Feb-2020
Medical Request dated : 27-Aug-2020
AIP letter email dated : 28-Aug-2020

ECASE still shows In Process for both Sponsor and Applicant.
The activity log on applicant side shows medical request sent but makes NO mention of the AIP letter dated the following day.

Now we shall research the procedure to follow and documents required in order to apply for Quebec medical card.

Last edited:

gxmener

Aug 25, 2019
Received Medical Request and AIP .

Timeline :
PR App received by them : 7-Aug-2019
AOR : 16-Sep-2019
CSQ App : 6-Oct-2019
CSQ in mail : Feb-2020
Medical Request dated : 27-Aug-2020
AIP letter email dated : 28-Aug-2020

ECASE still shows In Process for both Sponsor and Applicant.
The activity log on applicant side shows medical request sent but makes NO mention of the AIP letter dated the following day.

Now we shall research the procedure to follow and documents required in order to apply for Quebec medical card.
That’s amazing!

Reactions: Importer

noahsafi7

Aug 29, 2020
GOT MY COPR TODAY!! VERY UNEXPECTED:):):)
MY timeline

SENT FILE JULY 9TH 2019
DATE ACCEPTED AUGUST 26TH
CSQ APPROVED FEB 9TH 2020
ELIGIBILITY PASSED 27TH AUGUST 2020
BACKGROUND,PRE APPROVED COPR 28TH AUGUST,2020.
GOODLUCK everyone.
and my medicals and biometrics were sent upfront in July 2019.
Wanted to ask how long would PR card take to show up in the mail. I already sent the photo and COPR in the mail today! comments plz

bruceh

Oct 9, 2019
GOT MY COPR TODAY!! VERY UNEXPECTED:):):)
MY timeline

SENT FILE JULY 9TH 2019
DATE ACCEPTED AUGUST 26TH
CSQ APPROVED FEB 9TH 2020
ELIGIBILITY PASSED 27TH AUGUST 2020
BACKGROUND,PRE APPROVED COPR 28TH AUGUST,2020.
GOODLUCK everyone.
and my medicals and biometrics were sent upfront in July 2019.
Wanted to ask how long would PR card take to show up in the mail. I already sent the photo and COPR in the mail today! comments plz
Which office did you send yours to?

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
I think it will take 2-3 months minimum for busy offices like Montreal, Ottawa, Etobicoke etc

bruceh

Oct 9, 2019
It made me think if we deliberarely send the photo to Windsor office as opposed to the designated office, what will happen. Will we expect a PR card or photos in the returning envelope in 2 weeks ?

ragnhild

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
I would assume you get the CSQ by then... But don't take my word for it. I am in a somewhat familiar situation but had a tighter time frame (needed to renew study permit before Aug 30th). I went ahead and did the CAQ in april and that whole process was about 2 months (last time I applied for the CAQ in 2017 it took 20 days, I think COVID really messed up the processing). I would say based on the CAQ timeframe that you can wait a bit longer for your CSQ to arrive. Hope that helps!
I called them on Friday and they are saying they just now issued CSQ to January applicants and started on February. They received my files on March 6, so I am hoping they should send it in 1-2 months. There is a gigantic tuition difference between residents and internationals. So I hope I get it in time.

Reactions: gabycm