+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2019 Quebec Inland Spouse/Common law sponsorship applicants only

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hey Corincan,

Did you provide digital fingers prints for Criminal record check based on fingerprints? My wife got that request before her csq. Medical exam request is still pending and seems to be taking a long time. But aligning it with your timeline, it seems i should be receiving the request beginning of week of Sept. Glad yours is almost done. Goodluck. I guess the last step for you is just the background check (couple of months more) and you should receive the COPR

Cheers,
Kunal
Hey!
No I never got a request for fingerprinting or additional documents at all. Maybe the fingerprinting depends on where the PA is from? I'm Australian, so maybe the Commonwealth link helped me skip that step, my partner thinks it might be if there are more than one person in Canada with the same name as you, they have to verify your prints instead of just going by name (I am definitely the only one of me).
Otherwise, I know most applicants from Jan/Feb haven't received the medical request yet (going off the spreadsheets) and I was the abnormality in receiving it already. So I wouldn't get your hopes up too high that it will come soon unfortunately.
My background check has been "processing" since June, so we will see how long it takes from now, but all I can do is sit and wait. Sigh.

Reactions: leMauricien

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
That sounds fantastic. In our case, after sending the CSQ (April) no more news. Nothing has started. No fingerprints, no eligibility check or anything. I called them about two weeks ago and they mentioned that since we are still in the 12 months period, the center cant do any follow up on it. The situation is a bit strange I would say, considering that our application was received in December 2018. However, I have decided to just take it easy because worrying a lot cant solve any problem.
Oh my gosh you applied 2 whole months before me and haven't got anything yet!?! I seriously don't understand how IRCC sorts through the files, but it makes no logical sense at all! You'd think they would do a first received first looked at, but clearly not. And being from QC just makes the process longer and slower, eugh, it makes me mad!
I never got fingerprint request either, so don't worry about that step, I have no idea why some do and some don't.
To be honest, it's so hard to not worry about it, because it's always in the back of my mind, so I totally feel you. I had a ghost update on GCKey today and it got my hopes up so high, then they came crashing down when I realised nothing had changed. IRCC love to test our emotional strength, that's for sure.
I hope you hear something soon, because the waiting is so brutal and calling them to get the same answer to wait 12 months is even worse.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Oh my gosh you applied 2 whole months before me and haven't got anything yet!?! I seriously don't understand how IRCC sorts through the files, but it makes no logical sense at all! You'd think they would do a first received first looked at, but clearly not. And being from QC just makes the process longer and slower, eugh, it makes me mad!
I never got fingerprint request either, so don't worry about that step, I have no idea why some do and some don't.
To be honest, it's so hard to not worry about it, because it's always in the back of my mind, so I totally feel you. I had a ghost update on GCKey today and it got my hopes up so high, then they came crashing down when I realised nothing had changed. IRCC love to test our emotional strength, that's for sure.
I hope you hear something soon, because the waiting is so brutal and calling them to get the same answer to wait 12 months is even worse.
That it's why they are called ghost updates, we don't know what they are but most of the time it's good news. You will probably hear from them soon with a decision.

organic

Aug 7, 2019
Yeah, it doesnt seem logical at all. I mean, if I was stuck in one of the stages (e.g., bc) I would understand. But nothing initiated is a totally different story. And unfortunately no way that we can understand any details of the functioning. It is also true that one cannot simply be not stressed, when many things co-depend on the outcome of this application. But being stressed also usually doesnt help anything.

However, on a different note, ghost updates are usually a good sign as Stephan also mentions. Usually it means they are working on your files. So, you will hopefully get some news from them soon. I hope that they also start doing something on my file too at some point not too far from now :)

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
I just had my ECAS change to decision made on PA side! No other correspondence yet though, so I am assuming it means that it's been approved and I'm just waiting for the landing letter invitation!
Feb 13 applicant.

boss_7172000

Feb 20, 2012
Hi
This is my first message to this forum. I am May 2019 inland applicant. Below is my timeline:

*** Timeline***
PR + OWP app received: May 8
AOR : July 16
CSQ invitation from IRCC: July 26
CSQ applied: Aug 4
CSQ AOR: Aug 15
OWP approved: Aug 2
CSQ: In process
Medical: not yet
BGC: not yet

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Hi all, this is my first post to this specific forum. I was referred over to here as I was concerned that I've had very little progress compared to the non-QC inland applicants, then I realized that most people here have had the same lack of progress.

Inland Common-law Sponsorship, QC
Application Received: 22-03-2019 / AOR: 03-04-2019
OWP Approval: 30-05-2019 / OWP Received: 02-06-2019
Quebec CSQ received 02-06-2019
Medical Request: / Medical Exam: / Medical Exam Passed:
BGC Started: 10-08-2019
Eligibility Started:
DM:
AIP:
SA:
Application Completed Letter:
Landing Interview Letter: / Landing Interview:
PR Card Received:

I know that deadline with the QC government adds another element to the process, but I had my CSQ early June! Until my BGC started 3-ish weeks ago, nothing has happened at all for months! :( I was really hopng I could get PR status done and dusted by the end of this year, but it's cutting it fine now.

organic

Aug 7, 2019
Hi all, this is my first post to this specific forum. I was referred over to here as I was concerned that I've had very little progress compared to the non-QC inland applicants, then I realized that most people here have had the same lack of progress.

Inland Common-law Sponsorship, QC
Application Received: 22-03-2019 / AOR: 03-04-2019
OWP Approval: 30-05-2019 / OWP Received: 02-06-2019
Quebec CSQ received 02-06-2019
Medical Request: / Medical Exam: / Medical Exam Passed:
BGC Started: 10-08-2019
Eligibility Started:
DM:
AIP:
SA:
Application Completed Letter:
Landing Interview Letter: / Landing Interview:
PR Card Received:

I know that deadline with the QC government adds another element to the process, but I had my CSQ early June! Until my BGC started 3-ish weeks ago, nothing has happened at all for months! :( I was really hopng I could get PR status done and dusted by the end of this year, but it's cutting it fine now.
I applied 4 months before you. Still no progress. BGC NOT started. No medical request or anything. The funny part is that, even now that I am contacting them, they say since it is in the normal processing time, I should wait. So, basically, they havent started reviewing my application yet for over 9 months and 2 weeks and I have to wait another 3 months before I can even complain. Obviously, I am not super-hopeful that they can finish up all what they havent even started in the remaining 3 months. All these aside, worst part is their lack of transparency. I am basically unable to understand anything about my application status or to make any plans whatsoever for coming months. Totally stuck...

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
I applied 4 months before you. Still no progress. BGC NOT started. No medical request or anything. The funny part is that, even now that I am contacting them, they say since it is in the normal processing time, I should wait. So, basically, they havent started reviewing my application yet for over 9 months and 2 weeks and I have to wait another 3 months before I can even complain. Obviously, I am not super-hopeful that they can finish up all what they havent even started in the remaining 3 months. All these aside, worst part is their lack of transparency. I am basically unable to understand anything about my application status or to make any plans whatsoever for coming months. Totally stuck...
Thank you so much for replying and I feel your frustration, you're not even as far into the process as me (just!) and your application is 2 month older than mine! Makes no sense! I do feel sad for you, but personally I don't feel alone now as was wondering why non-QC Inland PR applications were being done within months and mine very much wasn't, and it's the Quebec element!

The annoying thing is that the CSQ bit was done and dusted a long time ago (early June) so why could the rest of the application not be progressed when as far as we're concerned the rest is down to the Federal Government. If we knew why it takes so much longer, we'd more likely understand. But we feel that we're basically being penalized because we're also under Quebec. When it we weren't we'd likely have the final decision already done.

Keeping everything crossed for both of us; I too cannot make any plans to return to the UK as I'm not leaving Canada without a PR card. I left for Canada December 2017 and haven't left since, it's time for a visit home to see my family.

harrypabz

Feb 14, 2015
Hi everyone, when I go to CIC website and enter spousal details (country of residence, other country) to get a list of forms it provides a list that has eIMM 5669 form that is dated 11-2018. However there is a newer version available on cic website for 06-2019 IMM 5669 but it is not eIMM 5669. Can you pl confirm which version should I use?

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
I just had my ECAS change to decision made on PA side! No other correspondence yet though, so I am assuming it means that it's been approved and I'm just waiting for the landing letter invitation!
Feb 13 applicant.
Indeed its a good news. Congratulations!!

tayrg

Jan 10, 2017
Guys!
I have received my CSQ in mail 2 days ago (last Friday).

March 14 applicant here from Quebec. Accuse de reception for CSQ was received on June 13...I have also noticed that mu BGC has started and showing as in process. I was wondering how long BGC (Background check) normally takes? and do they request for medical while the BGC is in process or they will wait until they get the results and then they will ask for medical?? Please guide!
thanks

sms1982

Star Member
Nov 10, 2017
Guys!

March 14 applicant here from Quebec. Accuse de reception for CSQ was received on June 13...I have also noticed that mu BGC has started and showing as in process. I was wondering how long BGC (Background check) normally takes? and do they request for medical while the BGC is in process or they will wait until they get the results and then they will ask for medical?? Please guide!
thanks
Looks like me and you are virtually on the same timeline, my PR application was (re-)sent and received in March, my CSQ was received by me June 2nd and my BGC started 3-ish weeks ago.

I am also on the Inland Family Sponsorship March 2019 forum, generally it's been taking 4-6 weeks. Of course it's all person dependent but should be more like weeks than months. Fingers crossed!

leMauricien

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
My wife's background check started couple of weeks ago as well[Current status: we are processing your background check]. Still no medical request. I am not too sure what is the delay. QC process is just so slow. Most people out of quebec March inland sponsorship already got their AP status

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Guys!

thanks
I got the AIP and medical request together 2 months after my background check started, but I am aware there are others from Jan/Feb who still haven't received medical requests or anything. Given that people from 12 months ago from QC are still just receiving their PR now, it's a long process for most, much longer than for the rest of Canada. I seem to be the abnormality not the norm in my timeline. I wish I could tell you what I did to get mine moving, but I have no idea! Sorry I can't be more helpful :(