+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Jon74

Jan 4, 2019
...They might have forget avout my application i guess.
Yeah, I feel the same. I’m Feb 23, 2018. Haven't heard a thing from them since mid January.

A few weeks ago I sent them an email asking for an update and i got a cut and paste generic response, indicating they hadn't even looked at my file.

So i sent another email, and indicated i was not happy that they would deem someone in their fourteenth month now, of receiving a generic response, in light that I was over the twelve months. I asked them for a proper update, pertinent to my application.

I got a response to that inquiry a few minutes ago. It was the exact same cut and paste generic response they previously sent to me.

It is beyond frustrating!

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Yeah, I feel the same. I’m Feb 23, 2018. Haven't heard a thing from them since mid January.

A few weeks ago I sent them an email asking for an update and i got a cut and paste generic response, indicating they hadn't even looked at my file.

So i sent another email, and indicated i was not happy that they would deem someone in their fourteenth month now, of receiving a generic response, in light that I was over the twelve months. I asked them for a proper update, pertinent to my application.

I got a response to that inquiry a few minutes ago. It was the exact same cut and paste generic response they previously sent to me.

It is beyond frustrating!
I do not know whats happening. The other stuff they have not asked for any addition documents. If i call them they are saying they are checking my spouse's eligibility. And the response for the email is the same. Than why we have the webform?
I guess we have to wait. I hope you hear something very soon.

Reactions: Jon74

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hello
After a lot of waiting and stress and frausturating finally I got email today from Etobicoke office for landing /interview date will be the 30 th of March which is a Saturday next weekend little bit wierd but no complains , they asked for 2 pictures as well . Anyone can tell me how will be the interview and the questions they normally ask
Thank you and good luck for everyone specially for who passed already a year like me it’s really hard but will come soon I hop

Reactions: andybc

andybc

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hello
After a lot of waiting and stress and frausturating finally I got email today from Etobicoke office for landing /interview date will be the 30 th of March which is a Saturday next weekend little bit wierd but no complains , they asked for 2 pictures as well . Anyone can tell me how will be the interview and the questions they normally ask
Thank you and good luck for everyone specially for who passed already a year like me it’s really hard but will come soon I hop
Awesome!

They always ask whether you have committed crimes or have been asked to leave Canada (hopefully not :D). They also make you verify everything on your landing document. Pretty routine stuff...

Last date of entry into Canada seems to be a common question as well.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
After a loooooong wait, I'm finally a permanent resident.
Inland.
February 27, 2018 - submitted
March 26, 2018 - AOR
August 23, 2018 - medical request November 28, 2018 - AIP and SA
March 22, 2019 - DM and landing letter March 26, 2019 - landed

Reactions: MinMin13 and melito

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Awesome!

They always ask whether you have committed crimes or have been asked to leave Canada (hopefully not :D). They also make you verify everything on your landing document. Pretty routine stuff...

Last date of entry into Canada seems to be a common question as well.
Thank you lol
Hope so and not long interview

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
After a loooooong wait, I'm finally a permanent resident.
Inland.
February 27, 2018 - submitted
March 26, 2018 - AOR
August 23, 2018 - medical request November 28, 2018 - AIP and SA
March 22, 2019 - DM and landing letter March 26, 2019 - landed
Congrats
Can you tell me how was it ?

Reactions: E.R.Z784

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
Congrats
Can you tell me how was it ?
Thank youit was very quick, maybe 5 mins, the lady just asked 3 questions and then I signed CORP. 1) if charged/convicted of a crime or offence 2) if was refused admission to Canada or required to leave Canada 3) if there are any dependants we didn't declare

michael22

Aug 25, 2018
Last week I got dm on sponsor side. They said they sent a letter out on March 20th so I should get this any day now. But how many letters get sent out? What will this letter say? Haven't received AIP or dm on APPLICANT side yet

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Last week I got dm on sponsor side. They said they sent a letter out on March 20th so I should get this any day now. But how many letters get sent out? What will this letter say? Haven't received AIP or dm on APPLICANT side yet
You should receive AIP, SA, and DM letters. sometimes ppl don't get the DM letter.

ronakshukla009

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hello all,
I received my GCMS notes today. I have a question. Under notes it says case referred for secondary review. The date for the note was 11th december 2018 That means it has been transferred to local office. When i call CIC last week, they told me that the file is still at mississauga.

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Hello all,
I received my GCMS notes today. I have a question. Under notes it says case referred for secondary review. The date for the note was 11th december 2018 That means it has been transferred to local office. When i call CIC last week, they told me that the file is still at mississauga.
No I dont think it means transferring to local office. When I received my gcms notes it said Vancouver office transfer clearly , there was nothing mentioning second review.