+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hello everyone

Update - I got DM on PA yesterday in my ECAS . No update on cic account. No DM letter yet.
Just amazing news I got the dm letter excately a week after it showed In my ECAS and now am waiting for the Etobicoke office to contacte me as it has said so I got that last Friday and nothing yet until now ,waiting game still on my nerf so crossed fingers

Last edited:

JCVan2018

May 11, 2018
Fen 14 2018 applicant. Received AIP , SA and DM on sponsor on Nov 29, 2018 and finally got DM on PA yesterday after months of silence.
Yes, me too. Feb 14, 2018 applicant. Received AIP on Dec 5. SA on Dec 10. And finally DM for PA on March 19, 2019 on ECAS. No DM email/letter yet.

Reactions: KBsandhu

karan21sharma

Mar 5, 2016

I hope someone can provide me the correct way forward. I had sent my application January 28, 2019. However, since IMM5669e Schedule A Background / Declaration was not signed by hand in addition to the electronic signatures, I have received my application back on March 21, 2019. My common-law partner's study permit expired Jan 30, 2019. She is within 90 days of the expiration of temporary status so we can apply for restoration. I have some questions before we take our next steps:

Q1. The application was received with the reason that IMM5669e was not signed by the Principal Applicant as highlighted in the attached document. Should we just sign and mail the application back trusting that this is the only error we have on the application? On the other hand this might just be the first error the Processing Officer found and he returned the application. Do they go through the entire application and send back all the reasons it was returned or just the first one they locate?.

Q2. Is the visitor visa application process to restore the status the same as applying online. Are there any differences in applying online v/s applying on paper? I know online processing time is much less than applying through paper. Any other benefits or differences?

Q3. Do I need to include the visitor permit with my PR application now or can I send my PR + OWP before I receive the visitor visa?

Q4. Since the PR application's processing time is 12 months, should I be choosing period of stay on visitor visa as more than 6 months. Although since we are including the OWP which has processing time of 4 months, should we choose period of stay on visitor visa less than 6 months.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Congratulations to everyone who received their OWP and AOR

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse has a relationship interview coming up.

Last year, despite being inland, we took our chances and went abroad to see spouse’s parents & family.

Should I volunteer this information? Because it might help to prove genuineness of our relationship?
Thanks

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
My spouse has a relationship interview coming up.

Last year, despite being inland, we took our chances and went abroad to see spouse’s parents & family.

Should I volunteer this information? Because it might help to prove genuineness of our relationship?
Thanks
Question please -
Do you have any tickets or any pictures while you both were there ?
And have you disclosed the information for your this travel to IRCC in your schedule A or in some other way ?

If your answer is yes then yes it might help you proving your relationship genuine by sharing this information .

I did include our pictures with family in my file taken during and after the wedding.

I hope this helps you.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question please -
Do you have any tickets or any pictures while you both were there ?
And have you disclosed the information for your this travel to IRCC in your schedule A or in some other way ?

If your answer is yes then yes it might help you proving your relationship genuine by sharing this information .

I did include our pictures with family in my file taken during and after the wedding.

I hope this helps you.
I have pictures and tickets
I’m inland and I submitted schedule a in the beginning
So I couldn’t update ircc

BR_ESL

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hello everyone

Does anyone knows email for Vancouver office for landing interview? Thanks
I am an applicant from Vancouver.
My husband got SA on March 12 and at the bottom of the letter, I saw that the office is still CPC Mississauga.
No updates on GCKey since the Eligibility Passed letter.
I haven't got DM on the applicant's side yet.
Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long for the landing interview.

My timeline:
Medical Exams - Upfront
26 September: App. Sent
28 September: App. received
19 October: App. started to be processed on ECAS
20 October: AOR
20 October: PR linked on MyCIC
23 October: OWP linked on MyCIC
8 January: BGC started
8 January: RCMP fingerprints requested
16 January: OWP approved
23 January: OWP received by mail
8 March: AIP letter "Eligibility Passed" - update on GCKey (email notification)
11 March: DM on sponsor side on ECAS
12 March: SA letter - received on sponsors email

Reactions: andrewhao

Cherry Kola

Aug 28, 2018
Toronto
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Med's Request
15-08-2018
Med's Done....
28-08-2018
Fen 14 2018 applicant. Received AIP , SA and DM on sponsor on Nov 29, 2018 and finally got DM on PA yesterday after months of silence.
Congrats !
This is encouraging, we received AIP and SA in the beginning of December ... Still waiting for DM and PA :confused:. It feels like an eternity.

Reactions: Aiesline