+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

JCVan2018

May 11, 2018
I am a Feb 14 applicant. Received my eligibility passed notification on Dec 5. Sponsor approval received on Dec 7. No updates since. Curious to know if other Feb applicants are experiencing the same wait.

ellaaaabella

Dec 5, 2018
I just did my landing interview, everything went smoothly! Thanks to the forum for the support and encouragement these past months! Does anyone know if I can travel to New York for 3 days through the land border for Xmas ? I don’t have my pr card yet (it’s coming in 2 months)
Hi. Where did you do your landing interview and how long did it last?

tonitoriva

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
I am feb 22 applicant
I also got an interview on dec 28 and they asked me to bring the following docs
 Your valid passport. If you were deemed to be a Convention Refugee, and are not in possession of a valid passport, please provide the identity document(s) that you provided to CPC Vegreville along with the original English translation.
 Your sponsor must accompany you (if you are sponsored) and bring proof of citizenship or immigration status.
 If you were sponsored as a spouse, please ensure that you bring with you your original marriage certificate that was submitted at time of your application for permanent residence.
 If you were sponsored as a common-law partner, please ensure that you bring with you at least one of the following original documents that was submitted at time of your application for permanent residence: joint residential lease agreements, mortgage, title of property, governmental-issued documents indicating the same address for your sponsor and you (e.g. Canadian Revenue Agency documents, provincial medical form) or any other original documents supporting your relationship.
 Your Temporary Resident document issued by CIC (Work Permit, Student Permit, Visitor Record).
 A current letter of employment for yourself and/or sponsor indicating nature of employment, salary and length of time employed. If self-employed, a statement of income from your bookkeeper or
accountant. If retired, proof of pension payments and copy of last Income Tax filed.
 An interpreter, if required.
 2 photos for each person on this application who are becoming Permanent Residents – see
enclosed appendix for specifications.
 If you have not already paid the $490.00 Right of Permanent Residence Fee, you can find
information on how to pay the fee
Please bring a copy of your receipt to the office on the date of your interview.

Is it the same with you???
I am also February 22 applicant but I have not received my interview invite yet. In which city do you live?

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
I am a Feb 14 applicant. Received my eligibility passed notification on Dec 5. Sponsor approval received on Dec 7. No updates since. Curious to know if other Feb applicants are experiencing the same wait.
Same here just waiting and that drive me nuts specialy when i see some after me even march applicant start to get the DM and interview date

Al_sen

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
My timeline.

Fees paid 18/02/18
Sent. 19/02/18
Received. Miss 23/02/18
AOR. 7/04/18
Linked Gc Key 11/4/18
Shed upload 16/4/18
Med request 16/4/18
Meds done. 24/4/18
Meds uploaded 10/5/18
PR approved 5/12/18
When u got the SA AND AIP and DM pls

Tabby777

Oct 19, 2018
Hello All! Can someone help me with this?
On ECAS i saw this update: "We started processing your application on December 19, 2018."
Can anyone provide any clarity as to what this means?

Reactions: Linda_s74

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Yes. I am also waiting like you. There are a lot of us waiting for last step.

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
Hello All! Can someone help me with this?
On ECAS i saw this update: "We started processing your application on December 19, 2018."
Can anyone provide any clarity as to what this means?
When did they receive your application??
I believe this means you might be getting AIP soon!

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
For the landing interview they ask to bring two photos, they are used for the PR card application which is done automatically on your behalf once you receive your COPR.
You may use your UCI after that to link the PR card application on your gckey account
Hi, thank you for reply!

Reactions: elomam