+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

jimbo2093

Star Member
Aug 30, 2018
I applied for Common Law PR and OWP - CPC MISSISSAUGA
App. delivered: July. 12, 2018 (Police certificate and Schedule A submitted upfront).
App. returned: Aug. 21, 2018 (small thiks for fix)
App. delivered: Aug. 24, 2018
Waiting for AOR
Hopefully AOR in the next few days then, best of luck!

Reactions: Iglet

hjseto

Sep 11, 2018
Hi all, just wondering have any of you traveled outside of Canada during your application?
If so, can you share you experiences with me?

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Hi all, just wondering have any of you traveled outside of Canada during your application?
I went on a 3 week trip with my partner between application received and AOR.
We were visiting his family in Europe and mine in Australia, plus Fiji.
CBSA officer at Toronto Pearson asked about our trip, we said to visit family. We went through the Canadian citizen/PR line together. I had my printed visitor record with me from before we left(received March 2018), as well as all our other documents, and explained we had applied for Spousal PR.
She seemed unconcerned, and we were there for all of five minutes. Seemed more concerned about the Milo in my bag than my visiting.

I think it helped we had all documents, though she only looked at my visitor record for a nanosecond, and that we were traveling together and had been visiting family. I have also traveled extensively in the past, and have a great immigration record, never overstayed anywhere.

We had weighed the risk of traveling versus what might happen if they didn't let me back in, but given my father is terminally ill, the risk was worth it.

Reactions: hjseto and Iglet

NavJosan

Sep 20, 2018
Hi,
I am sponsoring my wife. She is currently living with me on visitor visa for 1 month now.
I have few questions:
Form 5533: PCC certificate- She is a citizen of India but spent most of her life in Singapore after the age of 18.You need a request letter from IRCC to ask Singapore to issue PCC. We can not submit PCC with spousal appliation.My question is; should I check mark the question where it ask for PCC or should I leave it blank or write N/A?

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hi,
I am sponsoring my wife. She is currently living with me on visitor visa for 1 month now.
I have few questions:
Form 5533: PCC certificate- She is a citizen of India but spent most of her life in Singapore after the age of 18.You need a request letter from IRCC to ask Singapore to issue PCC. We can not submit PCC with spousal appliation.My question is; should I check mark the question where it ask for PCC or should I leave it blank or write N/A?
I have never had to apply for a police certificate myself, having lived in Canada for most of my adulthood, but from what I have collected from researching, I suggest you write N/A and submit a letter of explanation. In this letter, state that you need a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada before I can apply for the police certificate for Singapore.
This is what I found on IRCC's website :

If you need a request letter
Some countries will only give you a police certificate if you have a request letter from us. If this applies to you:

• Upload a document in the police certificate field in the document checklist that says: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate”.
We’ll then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we’ll send you more information on how to get a police certificate.
source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

So I suggest where the police certificate would be in your checklist, you add this letter of explanation instead. I am fairly sure this should be enough.

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Also with Medical examination: do i check mark or leave it blank and write N/A
You should read Guide 5525. It has instructions on how to fill your application and the checklist.
"If there is a form listed on your checklist which does not apply to you, you must write “Not applicable” or “N/A” on the relevant section of the checklist."
Have you had a medical examination? Then of course you should put a check mark, fill in the details and attach a copy of the Information Sheet you received from your doctor.
Have you not had a medical examination? Then write N/A.

hjseto

Sep 11, 2018
I went on a 3 week trip with my partner between application received and AOR.
We were visiting his family in Europe and mine in Australia, plus Fiji.
CBSA officer at Toronto Pearson asked about our trip, we said to visit family. We went through the Canadian citizen/PR line together. I had my printed visitor record with me from before we left(received March 2018), as well as all our other documents, and explained we had applied for Spousal PR.
She seemed unconcerned, and we were there for all of five minutes. Seemed more concerned about the Milo in my bag than my visiting.

I think it helped we had all documents, though she only looked at my visitor record for a nanosecond, and that we were traveling together and had been visiting family. I have also traveled extensively in the past, and have a great immigration record, never overstayed anywhere.

We had weighed the risk of traveling versus what might happen if they didn't let me back in, but given my father is terminally ill, the risk was worth it.

Hi EJH,

Thanks for replying to my post, I really appreciate it.

I’m sorry to hear about you about your father, but I’m glad you took the risk to go and see him and had no issues getting back in.

Can I as if they amended your visitor record? My Visitor record (IMM1442B) currently expires in May 2019 and I was wondering if it gets re-evaluated/cancelled on entry?

Thanks again

EJH

Star Member
Dec 12, 2017
Hi EJH,

Thanks for replying to my post, I really appreciate it.

I’m sorry to hear about you about your father, but I’m glad you took the risk to go and see him and had no issues getting back in.

Can I as if they amended your visitor record? My Visitor record (IMM1442B) currently expires in May 2019 and I was wondering if it gets re-evaluated/cancelled on entry?

Thanks again
They restamped my passport with the date, so I am assuming that gives me 6 months, but my work permit is due any day now, so thats not an issue. Plus my previous visitor record was only for another 6.5 months, so it made no difference.

I would imagine re-entry would reset the expiry date, as you cease being a visitor when you leave, then become a visitor anew when you re-enter.

Reactions: hjseto

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Can you pls let me know what all forms u included and documents you attached alongwith fee. And you applying online or on paper. I also need to apply the same for my wife in line 3 weeks.
I just followed the checklist and filed accordingly.
It is a pretty lengthy process so start asap and also if u would like any consultant to check before u submit. let me know and I can direct u towards her. She also does phone consultations

Nowherepuppy

Dec 4, 2017
Hello, a recommendation would be to include a written explanation for this item describing what you mentioned above and also state that you have included a copy of your boarding pass and itinerary/receipt for the trip as evidence to support the date of entry to Canada. Plus include a copy of your boarding pass and confirmation email of receipt and itinerary.
Thanks and confirmed with a CIC agent as well :).

Nowherepuppy

Dec 4, 2017
Hi all,

Another question on OWP. Do we need to provide any transcript or copy of degree as supporting document for the spouse that's being sponsered? I didn't see anything from the OWP checklist.

Diana2018

May 9, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-03-2018
Hi all,

Another question on OWP. Do we need to provide any transcript or copy of degree as supporting document for the spouse that's being sponsered? I didn't see anything from the OWP checklist.
I didn't needed to provide anything like this, just fill up the forms :)

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
My husband and I drove across the border for a long weekend (3 days) and upon re-entry were asked to go inside and speak to an officer. They wanted to know what I was doing with my Canadian husband and I told them I'd applied for PR and was waiting for responses. They looked into it, said they saw it in our system, told us we were doing everything right, and sent us on our way.

Reactions: hjseto