+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

may_dec

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fredericton, NB
Category........
FAM
Hi guys! Hoping I’m not asking a duplicate question so excuse me if it’s already been asked but I just called IRCC and the status of my OWP (included in the PR application) which was received all on July 3rd. The telephone status (no agent but this automated message system) says they haven’t yet started processing it.
How are they managing a 4 month turn around with OWP if they aren’t yet even working on it?
Your feedback and experience would be much appreciated!!
It seems that they're working on early June right now - our OWP app was received June 5th, AOR July 19, and the OWP was approved on Friday, Sept 14 - and mycic was updated today. Seems they do all the processing in one day, so it's just a matter of waiting your turn in line. Sounds like you have a few weeks yet to wait.

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
It seems that they're working on early June right now - our OWP app was received June 5th, AOR July 19, and the OWP was approved on Friday, Sept 14 - and mycic was updated today. Seems they do all the processing in one day, so it's just a matter of waiting your turn in line. Sounds like you have a few weeks yet to wait.
Thanks!

Nowherepuppy

Dec 4, 2017
Quick question on the police certificate. My husband and I are going to submit his application soon and we have already obtained police certificates. Can we include them in the application or do we have to wait until CIC ask for it?

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Were you able to get hold of an agent about your application? Let them know it's also an app for your restoration. Easy to say, but we should start worrying when the normal processing time has lapsed. I do hope they're working on it.

yes i did and the agent said that it is there. yeah i think i should wait a bit. 4 months is up in oct 20th. hopefully ill hear something soon. ill call on sept 20 just to be sure.

Rahel1986

Jun 15, 2018
Hello,

Im from Quebec. Sponsoring my husband. I sent documents for CSQ on Aug. 27, they have received it on 28 of August and on sept 7 got a letter from MIDI that they are having delay of 25 days.

3 weeks ago when I spoke to an immigration agent and asked her what if there is a delay and for some reason you wont receive CSQ on time. She said call us before 20/09/2018 and let us know. I had 30 days to submit CSQ so tomorrow is the last day ((

It is been 4 days I cant reach immigration on the phone 1888 2422100. What should I do?

Last edited:

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
Hello,

Im from Quebec. Sponsoring my husband. I sent documents for CSQ on Aug. 27, they have received it on 28 of August and on sept 7 got a letter from MIDI that they are having delay of 25 days.

3 weeks ago when I spoke to an immigration agent and asked her what if there is a delay and for some reason you wont receive CSQ on time. She said call us before 20/09/2018 and let us know. I had 30 days to submit CSQ so tomorrow is the last day ((

It is been 4 days I cant reach immigration on the phone 1888 2422100. What should I do?
Are you sure your letter spoke of a delay? MIDI says thay they process spouse CSQs within 25 working days, and right now, The Ministère is currently processing sponsorship applications received on: August 20, 2018, for a spouse, common-law spouse or dependent child.
If you want to contact IRCC and can't reach them on the phone (you have to try really early if you want the best chances), I suggest you submit a webform and attach a photocopy of the letter that you got from MIDI as proof you asked for CSQ. They will extend your deadline.
p.s.: My letter from IRCC didn't say that I have 30 days to submit the CSQ to them, but instead that I had 30 days from receiving the letter to submit a CSQ application to MIDI. Make sure you understand what both of your letters say to be sure.

Reactions: Rahel1986

SDOUGLAS

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Brampton ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Quick question on the police certificate. My husband and I are going to submit his application soon and we have already obtained police certificates. Can we include them in the application or do we have to wait until CIC ask for it?
It has to be included with you application

Rahel1986

Jun 15, 2018
Are you sure your letter spoke of a delay? MIDI says thay they process spouse CSQs within 25 working days, and right now, The Ministère is currently processing sponsorship applications received on: August 20, 2018, for a spouse, common-law spouse or dependent child.
If you want to contact IRCC and can't reach them on the phone (you have to try really early if you want the best chances), I suggest you submit a webform and attach a photocopy of the letter that you got from MIDI as proof you asked for CSQ. They will extend your deadline.
p.s.: My letter from IRCC didn't say that I have 30 days to submit the CSQ to them, but instead that I had 30 days from receiving the letter to submit a CSQ application to MIDI. Make sure you understand what both of your letters say to be sure.
Thank you, I will double check the letters

Last edited:

Nowherepuppy

Dec 4, 2017
You have to include with your application
Thanks!

Do we need to submit the original copy or a photocopy is fine. My husband had received a PDF version from FBI but still waiting for the actual copy in the mail. I’m wondering if we can submit the PDF version.

may_dec

Star Member
Jan 30, 2018
Fredericton, NB
Category........
FAM
Thanks!

Do we need to submit the original copy or a photocopy is fine. My husband had received a PDF version from FBI but still waiting for the actual copy in the mail. I’m wondering if we can submit the PDF version.
There's no discernible difference between the PDF copy and the one you'll get in the mail.

Reactions: Betabr

applefritter1

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
UK citizen currently in Toronto
App. Filed.......
03-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
I've been waiting for my police certificate for 3 months now ~ it keeps getting returned back to the UK :( ~ I think I already know what the answer will be but am I able to send off my spousal application and send the certificate separately once I receive it? We would include a letter of explanation inside the package. My visitor status expires Sep 30th so really wanting to send it before then or I will have to apply for visitor status extension. I understand if this isn't possible.

elomam

Star Member
Jun 23, 2018
Montreal
I've been waiting for my police certificate for 3 months now ~ it keeps getting returned back to the UK :( ~ I think I already know what the answer will be but am I able to send off my spousal application and send the certificate separately once I receive it? We would include a letter of explanation inside the package. My visitor status expires Sep 30th so really wanting to send it before then or I will have to apply for visitor status extension. I understand if this isn't possible.
I'm afraid your application would be returned even if you include a letter of explanation as it is now mandatory to send it upfront
You should definitely apply for an extension of your visitor status otherwise you'll be out of status and you won't get an OWP till the AIP stage which comes at the very near end of the sponsorship process...

applefritter1

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
UK citizen currently in Toronto
App. Filed.......
03-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
I'm afraid your application would be returned even if you include a letter of explanation as it is now mandatory to send it upfront
You should definitely apply for an extension of your visitor status otherwise you'll be out of status and you won't get an OWP till the AIP stage which comes at the very near end of the sponsorship process...
thank you! I did think that would be the answer and yes I will apply for the extension within the next few days.

Reactions: elomam