+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

djqueen

Jul 13, 2018
Either is fine. If it's been more than two months and no one has contacted you, there's no reason to think anything is wrong.

When I did my medical, they told me not to expect to be contacted unless something was wrong, in which case they would call me asap. Which makes sense. Five days later, my status said medical passed. This means they would have known if anything was wrong within those five days and would have called me with further instructions and information.

Thank you for your reply.

VoL@ND

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
My wife just got her medical request. The thing is she's already passed it in July. CIC requested it when she got her OWP. So here's the question - should she pass it the second time after two months from the first one and what are the actions otherwise?

Rickay001

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Hi everyone,
My wife just got her medical request. The thing is she's already passed it in July. CIC requested it when she got her OWP. So here's the question - should she pass it the second time after two months from the first one and what are the actions otherwise?
when did she submitted her application for permanent resident

Dee687

Jun 6, 2018
Hello Everyone,

I hope you had a great weekend.

I have a quick question on behalf of my friend.

Her husband is a permanent resident and her visiting visa expires in November (she is currently living outside Canada). She is thinking of renewing her visiting visa from outside Canada before she joins her husband in Canada so that he can then apply for an inland spousal sponsorship
My questions are:
1) Would she be able to renew her visiting visa from outside Canada even though her husband is a PR?
2) Do you think immigration would allow her in, if she decides to come to Canada in October so they can do an inland spousal application?

P.S - They have thought of outland spousal application but they are just trying to weigh their options.

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hey Guys!. I have pretty much completed our inland spousal sponsorship application.
I need someone to review it before I sent it to CIC.
Can anyone suggest me a good, reliable and cheap consultant who can just review my file and tell me to make any changes if needed.
I like in Mississauga and work in DT Toronto so anyone nearby. Please
Thanks
Can you pls let me know what all forms u included and documents you attached alongwith fee. And you applying online or on paper. I also need to apply the same for my wife in line 3 weeks.

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hi all, I'm new! As it is always nice to browse through and look at everyone's timeline I thought I would post mine...

Applied for PR and OWP I am the applicant, my Canadian wife is sponsoring me.

Application received at Mississauga 2018/08/02
AOR 2018/08/29

Very happy and relieved thus far, quick for AOR too!
owp is a part of PR application form? u applied online or on paper?

allen80629

May 19, 2018
Richmond, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-01-2018
Doc's Request.
17-02-2018
AOR Received.
17-02-2018
Med's Request
03-07-2018
Med's Done....
06-07-2018
Wondering if anyone is going through the same thing like me...
Jan 15 2018 inland common law applicant here (Medical passed July 6). The first OWP application (Received Mar 22) is still pending (need AIP) because my gf was out of status. So we applied for new visitor visa in June 15 and was approved Aug 15. We then sent out another OWP application (If it's approved before AIP we will withdrawal the first one) and was received Aug 22 and linked Aug 28 (Faster than i thoughto_O). I checked the current processing time said it's 6 weeks in general (Unlike before said online: xx days, paper: xx days). Is this correct ? Or we still need to wait 3 to 4 months...

Thanks for all the help :D

Last edited:

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Wondering if anyone is going through the same thing like me...
Jan 15 2018 inland common law applicant here (Medical passed July 6). The first OWP application (Received Mar 22) is still pending (need AIP) because my gf was out of status. So we applied for new visitor visa in June 15 and was approved Aug 15. We then sent out another OWP application (If it's approved before AIP we will withdrawal the first one) and was received Aug 22 and linked Aug 28 (Faster than i thoughto_O). I checked the current processing time said it's 6 weeks in general (Unlike before said online: xx days, paper: xx days). Is this correct ? Or we still need to wait 3 to 4 months...

Thanks for all the help :D
You might be checking the wrong thing for processing time. I can't open cic to check, their servers are down again, but I'm pretty sure the processing time is still 3 to 4 months for OWP paper application.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
@iamvenus and @CanuckDuck have you read something on here about not being able to link their OWP and was approved? i still can link mine and its been 2 months of trying. i feel hopeless.
Were you able to get hold of an agent about your application? Let them know it's also an app for your restoration. Easy to say, but we should start worrying when the normal processing time has lapsed. I do hope they're working on it.

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi guys! Hoping I’m not asking a duplicate question so excuse me if it’s already been asked but I just called IRCC and the status of my OWP (included in the PR application) which was received all on July 3rd. The telephone status (no agent but this automated message system) says they haven’t yet started processing it.
How are they managing a 4 month turn around with OWP if they aren’t yet even working on it?
Your feedback and experience would be much appreciated!!