+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

anuKukreti

Sep 13, 2018
you can leave Canada but I dont think you can re-enter Canada by just having OWP(normally it clearly states on the OWP that it doesnt allow re-entry), Depending upon what is your country of Citizenship you will need eTA or Multiple Entry Visa(TRV) on your passport. I am not 100% sure , maybe some senior member can help you further.
so if i have a multiple entry visa and want to leave canada after my 6months duration , should i apply for an extendion of visitors visa?

hpsg

Jul 9, 2018
so if i have a multiple entry visa and want to leave canada after my 6months duration , should i apply for an extendion of visitors visa?
As you said that you got OWP and I assume that is valid for two years, so you dont need to extend your vistor visa as you have valid status as OWP, you just need Multiple entry Visa( But it is advised in the past posts here to not to leave Canada to be on the safe side )

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Yes, you need to apply for an extension on your visa. Work permit on its own doesn't grant you entry at the border, you should have both your work permit and a valid visa (which for some people is eTA, for those not from exempt countries it's a visitor visa).
Also, for something this important, always check the CIC website too. It's more reliable than what people on this forum (like myself) know from experience and so on. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1287&top=22) ;)

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Good morning Everyone,
fyi- the CIC online server is "down" again.
I wonder if the panel physician will have problems uploading our medical exam onto E-Medical system and sending it to CIC. I have completed my medical exam about 10 days ago and I hope that it should not be a problem.

I also wish the best to those applicants in airports trying to get through with the system down.

Dee.dee

Sep 14, 2018
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. Writing this is giving me anxiety. I am in the process of just starting my application and try to get all the documents ready. I have just landed in Canada on a visitor visa and have a returning ticket back. My visa expires early next year as well. My boyfriend of 5 years would like us to get married and start the process because he’s waited so long for me. Should I cancel my flight ? Or should I move it to another date? I’m not sure if they call your name on the airport if you don’t show up

ayyzwd

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Hi All
just received aor today

Aug15-inland application send by Canada post
Aug16-delivered to Mississauga office
Sept14-AOR

Reactions: BR_ESL

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. Writing this is giving me anxiety. I am in the process of just starting my application and try to get all the documents ready. I have just landed in Canada on a visitor visa and have a returning ticket back. My visa expires early next year as well. My boyfriend of 5 years would like us to get married and start the process because he’s waited so long for me. Should I cancel my flight ? Or should I move it to another date? I’m not sure if they call your name on the airport if you don’t show up
You don't have to do anything. If you don't check in, they don't call your name. And some lucky bastard will have an empty seat next to them. ;)

I came with a return ticket as well, to minimize any issues at the border.

Dee.dee

Sep 14, 2018
You don't have to do anything. If you don't check in, they don't call your name. And some lucky bastard will have an empty seat next to them. ;)

I came with a return ticket as well, to minimize any issues at the border.
Thank you so much for the reply.
Okay good. I haven’t even started and I’m nervous. Starting a new life in Canada is so exciting to think about. I already like this forum. :)

aliciahud

Jul 25, 2018
Hey so I applied July 25 (received July 26) I never received an AOR but when I searched my OWP info it linked to my online account on Sep 5th. So i have my application number.
Looking up my PR application though it keeps saying "no application found" Do these just take longer to be in the system?
Every time I try and call there is always an long queue therefore they cannot add my to the queue which is crazy frustrating!

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hey so I applied July 25 (received July 26) I never received an AOR but when I searched my OWP info it linked to my online account on Sep 5th. So i have my application number.
Looking up my PR application though it keeps saying "no application found" Do these just take longer to be in the system?
Every time I try and call there is always an long queue therefore they cannot add my to the queue which is crazy frustrating!
Call them at the early morning time would be easy.

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Thank you so much for the reply.
Okay good. I haven’t even started and I’m nervous. Starting a new life in Canada is so exciting to think about. I already like this forum. :)
It is a stressful application but just be very thorough and know you have this forum for support and assistance!

as for the return ticket, my husband (the PA), also needed a flight home when he entered Canada. We needed to extend his stay as a visitor before got married so we moved his flight to 6 months later so that he had that proof of returning to his home country. It only cost $75 to change his flight and it would have been thousands to rebook it. We did the same thing once again just in case there was a family emergency but now since we are into this PR application it would be too risky for him to go home, so we just left it and he didn't check in. Just something to consider.

djqueen

Jul 13, 2018
Call them at the early morning time would be easy.
hi vivian , i just wanna clarify things about medical, in your ecas does it says that your medical results that have been received by the immigration office passed? like you have no problem at all? because in my situation the message says " medical have been received" that was july 12,2018 until now i have no updates whether my medical result is passed.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
hi vivian , i just wanna clarify things about medical, in your ecas does it says that your medical results that have been received by the immigration office passed? like you have no problem at all? because in my situation the message says " medical have been received" that was july 12,2018 until now i have no updates whether my medical result is passed.
Either is fine. If it's been more than two months and no one has contacted you, there's no reason to think anything is wrong.

When I did my medical, they told me not to expect to be contacted unless something was wrong, in which case they would call me asap. Which makes sense. Five days later, my status said medical passed. This means they would have known if anything was wrong within those five days and would have called me with further instructions and information.

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
Hello I am Feb 14, 2018 applicant. I also have same situation as you guys. Medical was sent and received last month. It says results has been received but no updates after that.

Reactions: djqueen