+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
Hello everyone.

Am having issues linking my wife’s application for PR.

Am her sponsor and application was sent on 18th of July,2018.

AOR was sent to me her sponsor with Application number and UCI on 18th of August 2018,since then I haven’t heard from CIC.

Now my question is If i have 2 kids, will I put 4 family members in the section as answer while trying to link my account ?

Response will be appreciated.

Thanks
I believe that if your kids are included on your application, then yes, you'd put 4.

Just as an FYI, my sponsor received the AOR on August 9th and I was only just able to link my applications on Friday, a full 2 weeks after receiving the AOR. In my case, the info that worked best for linking was my application number/family name combo with passport info.

Reactions: kennylord

kennylord

Jun 8, 2017
I believe that if your kids are included on your application, then yes, you'd put 4.

Just as an FYI, my sponsor received the AOR on August 9th and I was only just able to link my applications on Friday, a full 2 weeks after receiving the AOR. In my case, the info that worked best for linking was my application number/family name combo with passport info.

Thanks for your response.
I was able to link the application yesterday,just had to put 2 in the portion that requires number of people,and it work.
Though there wasn’t any message. Did you get any message in your cic account after linking your application ?

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
I haven't received an e-mail, no. I don't think that they send a message until they want to inform you of changes to your application status. So now it's basically a matter of waiting until they send something.

kennylord

Jun 8, 2017
I haven't received an e-mail, no. I don't think that they send a message until they want to inform you of changes to your application status. So now it's basically a matter of waiting until they send something.
Okay.

I’ll just keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
Hello, according to CIC's website information (copied/pasted info, also provided the link below), it states that IF you have provided an email on your application, you are giving IRCC/CIC the consent to send you any correspondence from them by email (including requests for additional documentation, updates, etc.).
So, given this, whichever email you wrote on the representative form IMM 5476 and your application, that is the email that they will send correspondence/any requests regarding your case (if you didn't link a paper application to online system).
You mentioned that IRCC/CIC sent you the AOR directly to your email, then perhaps they will be sending either you or your representative any future correspondence.
Therefore, It will be best to keep an eye on your email inbox and to also keep close contact with your representative so that nothing is missed regarding emails sent from CIC to both of you.

Hope this was helpful.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/email-paper-applicants.html

Officers should communicate with an applicant by email only if that applicant has given consent to communicate in this manner. Consent is considered as being given by an applicant in any of the following circumstances:

• A completed application form includes an email address.
  • An applicant submits a signed “Use of a Representative” form [IMM 5476] that includes the immigration representative’s email address.
    • If the immigration representative’s email address is included in the IMM 5476 form, all correspondence, including the client’s file and personal information, should be sent to the immigration representative.
  • An applicant initiates email communication with IRCC, supplying an email address.
In providing an email address by using any of these methods, the client authorizes IRCC to transmit all correspondence, including their file and personal information, to this email address.

If the client does not provide IRCC with an email address, correspondence should be issued to the client or representative by using an alternative method of communication, such as paper mail.

Mandatory practices when emailing clients
Officers must ensure they are following the mandatory practices below when communicating with clients by email, including emails regarding

• requests for additional documentation
  • convocations for interviews
  • approval letters
  • refusal letters
When sending an email to a client, the officer must ensure

• The email address inserted in the recipient line is identical to the email address provided by the client or immigration representative.
  • The email requesting additional documentation or convoking a client for an interview provides a reasonable period of time for the client to respond (that is, the email provides a requested submission date or a date for a scheduled interview).
    • Given the uniqueness of each country and the variety of issues that could affect applicants’ communication with IRCC, officers are encouraged to set a reasonable time limit to receive the documentation, considering the local communication arrangements.
  • The email is sent from the office’s generic mailbox to facilitate email management. Individual officers must not use their personal mailboxes to communicate with clients.
  • The sent Microsoft Outlook email is uploaded as an electronic document (eDoc) and manually attached to the outgoing correspondence record in the Global Case Management System (GCMS).
    • Saving sent emails as eDocs enables the sent emails, including content and attachments, to be traced and retrieved at a later date.
  • If a response is not received from the applicant within the requested time period, the officer should record the following note in GCMS:
    • An email, [requesting additional documentation or convoking the applicant for an interview], was sent to the applicant. The applicant was advised that failure to [provide the requested documentation or attend a scheduled interview] may result in a [refusal or abandonment] of their application. The applicant [failed to comply with the request or requested an extension to provide the requested information].
  • If an undelivered message is received (that is, the sent email “bounces back”), officers must verify if the email address has been changed or updated in GCMS and must resend the email to the updated email address, supplied by the client. If the initial email was sent to the most up-to-date email address, but an undelivered message was received, officers should save the undelivered email, following the steps below, and send the correspondence to the client by means of an alternative method of communication, such as paper mail.
  • The automatically generated read notification should not be used as a means of verifying that a client has received an email. These notifications do not function, once the email leaves the IRCC system and reaches an outside server.
Thank you for your help. Sounds good.

rajneesh1987

Aug 19, 2018
Hi.

I have applied for my wife inland sponsorship and open work permit in August 2018.

Fees Paid:

1) Sponsor your spouse or partner: 1040 CAD

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490)

2)
Open work permit holder: 100 CAD but did not paid Work permit (including extensions) – per person: 155 CAD as i was not aware about it.

Just wondering does CIC will return my application or will deduct 155 fee from right of permanent residence fee ($490) and will ask me to pay the reminder

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi.

I have applied for my wife inland sponsorship and open work permit in August 2018.

Fees Paid:

Sponsorship fee ($75), principal applicant processing fee ($475) and right of permanent residence fee ($490)

2)
Open work permit holder: 100 CAD but did not paid Work permit (including extensions) – per person: 155 CAD as i was not aware about it.

Just wondering does CIC will return my application or will deduct 155 fee from right of permanent residence fee ($490) and will ask me to pay the reminder
They will return the OWP application and you will have to send it back. Keep in mind that the principal applicant has implied status based on the OWP application, not the PR one. So keep track of their visitor status - if it's expiring soon or already expired, extend their visitor status. If they're out of status when you resend the OWP application, the permit will not be approved.

Reactions: BR_ESL

rajneesh1987

Aug 19, 2018

noha_qc

Star Member
Apr 9, 2015
I got medical request for my spousal application on 20th august and i did my medical on 29th august.
do i need to upload my medical sheet somewhere or CIC will get the results from the doctor
it was an e medical .

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
Hi.

Fees Paid:

2)

What is the correct fee for OWP? I paid $355.

RKAZI

Mar 18, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hey Guys!. I have pretty much completed our inland spousal sponsorship application.
I need someone to review it before I sent it to CIC.
Can anyone suggest me a good, reliable and cheap consultant who can just review my file and tell me to make any changes if needed.
I like in Mississauga and work in DT Toronto so anyone nearby. Please
Thanks

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
I got medical request for my spousal application on 20th august and i did my medical on 29th august.
do i need to upload my medical sheet somewhere or CIC will get the results from the doctor
it was an e medical .
IRCC will get the result from the doctor