+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Dee687

Jun 6, 2018
it would take at least 2-3 months for the medical to get approved, once that is done as well as the background check is done you will get a notification in the account which says 'Eligibility passed' and has the letter attached in the message, your husband will also get a letter by mail. That's when you exactly know you passed the eligibility check.
Oh great. Thank you for your response

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
EDITED

Can you find the post how to link the OWP? It's always the difficult one to upload. Also, make sure to use your passport info and date of birth to link it. Keep trying and easy to say, but be hopeful.

In my case, they were approved together. It was printed at the bottom of my permit that my status was also restored.

i will till next week and try to link it again

Lemur

Star Member
Jan 4, 2018
isn't there a section about citizenship in the PR application forms?
nope. there is no such question.
Can I leave Canada while IRCC processes my application for permanent residence?
Yes. However, if you leave Canada while your application is being processed, you must meet all the admissibility rules before being allowed back into Canada.

If you leave Canada and want to return, you must have all the required documents to enter. This can include:

its pretty clear now that we can travel ! ! ! !
Yes, but it is always up to the border officer. For example, my visa says that is not a multiple-entry visa. This means that your entry is subject to the satisfaction of the border officer. Have you traveled on your visa yourself already?

Bottom-line: Yes, you can travel and most of the times it won't be a problem to re-enter if you hold a valid visa but if the officer is not satisfied with your answers he can deny you entry. There is a reason they advise you not to travel if not necessary.

Koobee2a

Star Member
May 31, 2018
Oh god, now I am scared.
I sent mine on 21 June, delivered 25 June and still no response. So something must be wrong with mine too? Any suggestions?
From what I read from previous post related to your question, people are getting AOR 4 to 6 weeks. Call CIC at +18882422100

applefritter1

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
UK citizen currently in Toronto
App. Filed.......
03-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
Hi, just a quick question as I've been reading conflicting answers online ~ my visitor status (from UK with ETA) 180 days expires on 30th September and I'm still waiting for my marriage certificate to come through so that we can apply for the inland spouse visa (it has been 8 weeks since the wedding). Has anybody been in a similar situation where they haven't applied for the extension until closer to the expired date? I think my certificate should be through by then, however I don't want to risk my status so any advice would be much appreciated!

kfrench

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Alberta
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
06-06-2018
Hi, just a quick question as I've been reading conflicting answers online ~ my visitor status (from UK with ETA) 180 days expires on 30th September and I'm still waiting for my marriage certificate to come through so that we can apply for the inland spouse visa (it has been 8 weeks since the wedding). Has anybody been in a similar situation where they haven't applied for the extension until closer to the expired date? I think my certificate should be through by then, however I don't want to risk my status so any advice would be much appreciated!
I applied for an extension about 4 days before my visitor visa expired. From everything I was told by boarder security, as long as you get your application for extension in by the time your visa expires, you enter implied status and can legally stay until you've gotten your approval or denial letter for the extension.

Reactions: Jaime C

applefritter1

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
UK citizen currently in Toronto
App. Filed.......
03-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
I applied for an extension about 4 days before my visitor visa expired. From everything I was told by boarder security, as long as you get your application for extension in by the time your visa expires, you enter implied status and can legally stay until you've gotten your approval or denial letter for the extension.
Thanks for the advice! I definitely think that I'll wait as long as I can.

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
You can apply for an extension right up until the final day of your current visa, you will still stay in status on implied status.

That said I don’t think you would have any problems getting the extension now even without the marriage certificate, especially if it’s a first extension request. They may request the marriage certificate when they start processing the visitor app.

Canuckjohn

Aug 24, 2018
I sent my PR & OWP paper application by courier on 10th July 2018 (UK citizen, living in Canada for 14 months with my Canadian Citizen Common-law partner). The application was received by CIC on 12th July 2018.
Last week my partner (sponsor) received an automated message email stating application has been received on 12th July and giving an account number and UCI number. I have not received any email.
We both tried to link our online accounts to the paper application using the account number and UCI number given, but states no applications found.

My questions are: Was the email just an acknowledgement and we have to wait for the AOR before we can link accounts?
When should I receive the AOR after the initial application received email?
Why have I as the applicant not received any email?

Thank you for any advice!