+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Canuckjohn

Aug 24, 2018
That is the AOR! give it another try and enter the application number and not the UCI number.....
Thank you for confirming the AOR! I thought it might have been, but as I could not link my account, assumed it may not have been.
I tried to link my application again, using application number (including the letter before the number) and my family name as the applicant and still showed no applications found.
I tried again with sponsor surname and application number, still nothing found.
I tried again with UCI and family name, but still unsuccessful.
You cannot enter just account number and leave UCI blank if trying that option.

I cross checked with my paper application all the other required information (passport number, where we will be living, number of people in application) and all is correct.

All attempts failed and am now locked out for 24 hours. I will ask my partner to try when she returns from work.

Could I be doing something wrong?

Diana2018

May 9, 2018
Mississauga
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
05-03-2018
Hi, just a quick question as I've been reading conflicting answers online ~ my visitor status (from UK with ETA) 180 days expires on 30th September and I'm still waiting for my marriage certificate to come through so that we can apply for the inland spouse visa (it has been 8 weeks since the wedding). Has anybody been in a similar situation where they haven't applied for the extension until closer to the expired date? I think my certificate should be through by then, however I don't want to risk my status so any advice would be much appreciated!
We did wait 5 month for our wedding certificate, the city hall forgot to put the day of birth... my visitor visa would have expired, so i did apply for extend my visa without it around 4 weeks before my visa expired, but i wrote a letter of explanation. i did extend my visa 2 times without any problems.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Thank you for confirming the AOR! I thought it might have been, but as I could not link my account, assumed it may not have been.
I tried to link my application again, using application number (including the letter before the number) and my family name as the applicant and still showed no applications found.
I tried again with sponsor surname and application number, still nothing found.
I tried again with UCI and family name, but still unsuccessful.
You cannot enter just account number and leave UCI blank if trying that option.

I cross checked with my paper application all the other required information (passport number, where we will be living, number of people in application) and all is correct.

All attempts failed and am now locked out for 24 hours. I will ask my partner to try when she returns from work.

Could I be doing something wrong?
Hi, for number of family members, did you enter 2 (principal applicant and sponsor)? I'm not sure if this is the problem for you, but make sure that you are entering "2".
Good luck!

kennylord

Jun 8, 2017
Hello everyone.

Am having issues linking my wife’s application for PR.

Am her sponsor and application was sent on 18th of July,2018.

AOR was sent to me her sponsor with Application number and UCI on 18th of August 2018,since then I haven’t heard from CIC.

Now my question is If i have 2 kids, will I put 4 family members in the section as answer while trying to link my account ?

Response will be appreciated.

Thanks

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
hie..incase we don't link our file online, and cic need any document, how they approach us then? i mean will it show on ECAS if they need any document ?The thing is we have hired representative so when i try to link it, it gets locked. I am planning to cancel the representative but in the later stage , not now. So, its kind of bothering me if CIC need anything, how they gonna approach us? Btw, I got my AOR directly by my email.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
hie..incase we don't link our file online, and cic need any document, how they approach us then? i mean will it show on ECAS if they need any document ?The thing is we have hired representative so when i try to link it, it gets locked. I am planning to cancel the representative but in the later stage , not now. So, its kind of bothering me if CIC need anything, how they gonna approach us? Btw, I got my AOR directly by my email.
Hello, according to CIC's website information (copied/pasted info, also provided the link below), it states that IF you have provided an email on your application, you are giving IRCC/CIC the consent to send you any correspondence from them by email (including requests for additional documentation, updates, etc.).
So, given this, whichever email you wrote on the representative form IMM 5476 and your application, that is the email that they will send correspondence/any requests regarding your case (if you didn't link a paper application to online system).
You mentioned that IRCC/CIC sent you the AOR directly to your email, then perhaps they will be sending either you or your representative any future correspondence.
Therefore, It will be best to keep an eye on your email inbox and to also keep close contact with your representative so that nothing is missed regarding emails sent from CIC to both of you.

Hope this was helpful.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/email-paper-applicants.html

Officers should communicate with an applicant by email only if that applicant has given consent to communicate in this manner. Consent is considered as being given by an applicant in any of the following circumstances:

• A completed application form includes an email address.
  • An applicant submits a signed “Use of a Representative” form [IMM 5476] that includes the immigration representative’s email address.
    • If the immigration representative’s email address is included in the IMM 5476 form, all correspondence, including the client’s file and personal information, should be sent to the immigration representative.
  • An applicant initiates email communication with IRCC, supplying an email address.
In providing an email address by using any of these methods, the client authorizes IRCC to transmit all correspondence, including their file and personal information, to this email address.

If the client does not provide IRCC with an email address, correspondence should be issued to the client or representative by using an alternative method of communication, such as paper mail.

Mandatory practices when emailing clients
Officers must ensure they are following the mandatory practices below when communicating with clients by email, including emails regarding

• requests for additional documentation
  • convocations for interviews
  • approval letters
  • refusal letters
When sending an email to a client, the officer must ensure

• The email address inserted in the recipient line is identical to the email address provided by the client or immigration representative.
  • The email requesting additional documentation or convoking a client for an interview provides a reasonable period of time for the client to respond (that is, the email provides a requested submission date or a date for a scheduled interview).
    • Given the uniqueness of each country and the variety of issues that could affect applicants’ communication with IRCC, officers are encouraged to set a reasonable time limit to receive the documentation, considering the local communication arrangements.
  • The email is sent from the office’s generic mailbox to facilitate email management. Individual officers must not use their personal mailboxes to communicate with clients.
  • The sent Microsoft Outlook email is uploaded as an electronic document (eDoc) and manually attached to the outgoing correspondence record in the Global Case Management System (GCMS).
    • Saving sent emails as eDocs enables the sent emails, including content and attachments, to be traced and retrieved at a later date.
  • If a response is not received from the applicant within the requested time period, the officer should record the following note in GCMS:
    • An email, [requesting additional documentation or convoking the applicant for an interview], was sent to the applicant. The applicant was advised that failure to [provide the requested documentation or attend a scheduled interview] may result in a [refusal or abandonment] of their application. The applicant [failed to comply with the request or requested an extension to provide the requested information].
  • If an undelivered message is received (that is, the sent email “bounces back”), officers must verify if the email address has been changed or updated in GCMS and must resend the email to the updated email address, supplied by the client. If the initial email was sent to the most up-to-date email address, but an undelivered message was received, officers should save the undelivered email, following the steps below, and send the correspondence to the client by means of an alternative method of communication, such as paper mail.
  • The automatically generated read notification should not be used as a means of verifying that a client has received an email. These notifications do not function, once the email leaves the IRCC system and reaches an outside server.

Jaime C

Jul 3, 2017
I applied for an extension about 4 days before my visitor visa expired. From everything I was told by boarder security, as long as you get your application for extension in by the time your visa expires, you enter implied status and can legally stay until you've gotten your approval or denial letter for the extension.
Hi kfrench, when was your OWP approved