+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone

I got 2 letters in my GCKey account today.
The first one was to inform me that I "meet eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law parther in Canada class."

The second letter was to inform me that my application has been transferred to the Ottawa office for further assessment.

I think this is a move in the right direction, even though I have not seen any other people who said their files were transferred to Ottawa.

I did my medicals earlier this year when I applied to extend my stay, so my account shows that my I passed my medicals.

I am amazed that I got an update, I thought they were still working on 2017 applications.

Application sent: 17 Jan 2018
Application received: 18 Jan 2018
AOR : 20 Feb 2018
WP: 24 April 2018
Eligibility passed: 31 July 2018

Best of luck to everyone.
Oh man, I'm jealous but happy for you!

CanadaFuture93

Jul 23, 2017
Lloydminster
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2018
Med's Done....
26-04-2018
Hi everyone

I got a letter yesterday saying that I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for PR as a member of the spouse or common law partner class but a final decision won't be made until I satisfy all the orher exigencies to get the PR such as the medical exam and background.
Is this the AIP ? (I am the principal applicant)

Does anyone know what should come next ?
I am a little surprised as my common law partner (the sponsor) never ever received any email from CIC. Isn't he supposed to receive a sponsor approval as well ?

Here is my timeline :

- September 26, 2017 : Application received

- November 27, 2017
: Email asking to link my application (with my name and my UIC (principal applicant))

- November 27, 2017 : Email saying that my application is now linked

- November 28, 2017 : Email (on the same email address as the day before) saying that they received the application (with my common law partner's name and his UIC (sponsor))

- November 28, 2017 : Request schedule A + police records

- April 12, 2018 : Medical request (passed and approved a few weeks later in May)

- July 30, 2018 : Letter saying that my request to obtain the PR status is judged receivable but a final decision will not be made until I pass all the other exigencies such as medical exam and background. Received on my CIC account and also on my email address as a PDF document.

At the same time, does anyone know in all those emails and letter received what is what ? Because I am kind of confused with all the name AOR, AIP etc

Thank you for your help

Last edited:

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Hi everyone

I got 2 letters in my GCKey account today.
The first one was to inform me that I "meet eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law parther in Canada class."

The second letter was to inform me that my application has been transferred to the Ottawa office for further assessment.

I think this is a move in the right direction, even though I have not seen any other people who said their files were transferred to Ottawa.

I did my medicals earlier this year when I applied to extend my stay, so my account shows that my I passed my medicals.

I am amazed that I got an update, I thought they were still working on 2017 applications.

Application sent: 17 Jan 2018
Application received: 18 Jan 2018
AOR : 20 Feb 2018
WP: 24 April 2018
Eligibility passed: 31 July 2018

Best of luck to everyone.
that's super fast. wow

metqc

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone

I got a letter yesterday saying that I meet the eligibility requirements to apply for PR as a member of the spouse or common law partner class but a final decision won't be made until I satisfy all the orher exigencies to get the PR such as the medical exam and background.
Is this the AIP ? (I am the principal applicant)

Does anyone know what should come next ?
I am a little surprised as my common law partner (the sponsor) never ever received any email from CIC. Isn't he supposed to receive a sponsor approval as well ?

Here is my timeline :

- September 26, 2017 : Application received

- November 27, 2017
: Email asking to link my application (with my name and my UIC (principal applicant))

- November 27, 2017 : Email saying that my application is now linked

- November 28, 2017 : Email (on the same email address as the day before) saying that they received the application (with my common law partner's name and his UIC (sponsor))

- November 28, 2017 : Request schedule A + police records

- April 12, 2018 : Medical request (passed and approved a few weeks later in May)

- July 30, 2018 : Letter saying that my request to obtain the PR status is judged receivable but a final decision will not be made until I pass all the other exigencies such as medical exam and background. Received on my CIC account and also on my email address as a PDF document.

At the same time, does anyone know in all those emails and letter received what is what ? Because I am kind of confused with all the name AOR, AIP etc

Thank you for your help
This is AIP, congrats! Does it say anywhere on the letter what office it was sent from? Vancouver or Mississauga? I'm also a September 26 applicant and my application was sent to Vancouver (I saw this when I requested by GCMS notes), which apparently is part of a work-sharing agreement.

Reactions: GMMG

CanadaFuture93

Jul 23, 2017
Lloydminster
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2018
Med's Done....
26-04-2018
This is AIP, congrats! Does it say anywhere on the letter what office it was sent from? Vancouver or Mississauga? I'm also a September 26 applicant and my application was sent to Vancouver (I saw this when I requested by GCMS notes), which apparently is part of a work-sharing agreement.
Thank you !! I saw you on the Excel thread. Also saw you had to request CSQ? So you're in quebec ? Are you from France ? If so, I am from France as well !

I am not too sure where it was sent from.. on the email it says : "Please find attached a letter related to the application you submitted to CPC Mississauga." And at the bottom of the letter it says innovation Hub Vancouver - FCPU.. so I am kind of confused lol

metqc

Star Member
Aug 4, 2017
Category........
FAM
Thank you !! I saw you on the Excel thread. Also saw you had to request CSQ? So you're in quebec ? Are you from France ? If so, I am from France as well !

I am not too sure where it was sent from.. on the email it says : "Please find attached a letter related to the application you submitted to CPC Mississauga." And at the bottom of the letter it says innovation Hub Vancouver - FCPU.. so I am kind of confused lol
I am in Quebec, but I'm from the US! Haha hmmm. What city are you in?