+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
The first letter is AIP... but the second one is not a good sign, transfer to Ottawa for further assessment, it means CIC have doubt about your application. And two letters are contradicted.
Hi @commonlaw2018, please share a little more regarding when an application is transferred to Ottawa for further assessment, how this may not be a good sign. I am not in this situation, but would like to know a little more about this. It is helpful to know a little more. I hope that it is not the case for GMMG member.
Thank you.

Huma01

Jul 12, 2018
New
July 10, 2017 – Application Received

August 18, 2017- AOR

August 21, 2017- Request to Link online letter

August 21, 2017- Sponsorship eligibility approved (email)

August 22, 2017- Medical Request

August 29, 2017- Schedule A & PC request

October 16, 2017- Application moves to LVO

June 1, 2018- requested for Additional docs like Communication

June 13, 2018- Pre Arrival Services Letter

June 13, 2018- Back ground check in process.

August 01, 2018 (today)- received passport request - Alhamdhullilah

Question: My husband is in Pakistan but at the time of submitting the application i became the representative therefore i had put my Canadian address as mailing address on the application. Now he will be sending his passport to Islamabad office as instructed. I am not sure if the mailing address would be an issue to send his passport back to his address in Pakistan. Please let me know if this should be something i need to worry about. Thank you in advance.

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi @commonlaw2018, please share a little more regarding when an application is transferred to Ottawa for further assessment, how this may not be a good sign. I am not in this situation, but would like to know a little more about this. It is helpful to know a little more. I hope that it is not the case for GMMG member.
Thank you.
When the application is transferred to local office for FURTHER ASSESSMENT, that means CIC have doubt with the application, such as the relationship is considered to be not genuine or misrepresentation or criminality issue......an interview for further assessment may be arranged. But GMMG received AIP as well. So it is weird. maybe it is just a glitch on the account. Suggest to order note or call CIC directly.

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
When the application is transferred to local office for FURTHER ASSESSMENT, that means CIC have doubt with the application, such as the relationship is considered to be not genuine or misrepresentation or criminality issue......an interview for further assessment may be arranged. But GMMG received AIP as well. So it is weird. maybe it is just a glitch on the account. Suggest to order note or call CIC directly.
Hi, thank you for additional input. It is helpful to know, in case some of us are ever in this situation.

Kwadwo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Hey guys, so I sent my application without OWP and sent my owp after I received my AOR. I am may 24th and my AOR was July 5 and sent OWP July 6th to vergrevile. So with this does my count date for OWP starts at initial PR application received or date of sent OWP

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hey guys, so I sent my application without OWP and sent my owp after I received my AOR. I am may 24th and my AOR was July 5 and sent OWP July 6th to vergrevile. So with this does my count date for OWP starts at initial PR application received or date of sent OWP
The date they received the OWP application.

Reactions: Vivian-inland

Rahel1986

Jun 15, 2018
Hi guys,

Application incl. OWP sent on 3 of July (Police check certificated and Schedule A submitted upfront)

Wishing all applicants a quick, smooth and successful process!

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Feb 6 applicant..just got medical request today...
This is great news! Congratulations!
It is good to see that February 2018 applicants are getting their medical requests...I am a March 6th applicant and look forward to hopefully getting medical request next month, September. :)

Reactions: Redzie

Evergreen_3034

Jun 18, 2018
Hello,via
Please help me with answers to the following:

1) Has anyone with an OWP (and have been working or found a job) sent an update via IRCC webform or called CIC to let them know? Does providing CIC with this info help our application, or do applicants just keep this to themselves, or until they are asked for additional information? I know that if the sponsor changes jobs, etc, we have to update them, but was wondering if this applies to principal applicant as well.

2) I noticed that some members have posted that their Background Check status has changed early on in their application process (CIC online account). My Background Check status has been Not Applicable up until now, with no changes. Is this pretty standard for most of you?

Thank you in advance.

March 6th applicant
OWP received: June 22nd