+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
we finally received aor, my wife (sponsor email), will i get it to on my email? how long should i wait and try to link the application to my account? UCI number on AOR is from my wife.
Are you in-land? If so you should have your UCI number I guess. You can link your PR now but OWP account.

Use application number and other info is better.

riffraff9

Oct 17, 2015
yes i am inland, and i have my uci number, i should use one that i have on last visitor extension that i recived.
thanks for the link jsmithun

riffraff9

Oct 17, 2015
great, i succeeded in first attemp to link PR application. current status: submited.
how to link owp and when? thanks for help

Tommy66666

Jul 10, 2018
Hi guys

I have re-submitted my OWP application to Mississauga office and it's received on 23rd July. I successfully linked it to my GCkey on 26th July. On average, how long would it be expected for it to be approved? Also, am I currently on "Implied status" and don't need to extend my visitor status? Thanks.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
UPDATE: Flagpoled at the Thousand Islands border yesterday with my wife to lift the restrictions from the OWP. (See our timeline in my signature.) It was quick and easy. Officer took approximately 10-15 mins to process the new OWP. We didn’t pay the $255 fee. Whoo! I recommend to flagpole there instead of NFalls for those in southern Ontario.
*Be sure to bring your medical results with IME number showing, your passport, and your original document (in our case, wife’s official OWP). The officer will request those.

Pros and Cons: NFalls border
- processes up to 60 apps per day (their priority are the tourists)
- be there super early a.m. to be in the quota, or else come back another day (8 am to midnight)
- immigration services only on certain days on Tues - Thurs
- congested with long lines due to high traffic (over 5 million in a year)
- 50/50 chance to pay the fee or not, depending on the officer you deal with
- depending where you’re located, if NFalls is closest, expect the above listed. Avoid this border for flagpoling if possible.

Pros and Cons: Thousand Islands border
- processes apps at any time any day 24/7 (we went at 1:30 ish pm)
- crossing this border was a breeze (a bit over 1 million in a year)
- low chance of having to pay the fee
- might be too far for you to flagpole this border depending where you’re located in Ontario (45 mins closer for me than to NFalls)
Omg. You're here! I'm the one who had the flagpole fail last Friday at Carway! Hahaha

Reactions: CdnwifeUSwife

chinup

Apr 26, 2018
It’s possible that somethings wrong, what were the fees you paid? Also, have you checked what answers to give when trying to link?
I paid the $255. Was that the correct fee?

I tried linking with the UCI and family name, passport information.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
great, i succeeded in first attemp to link PR application. current status: submited.
how to link owp and when? thanks for help
For OWP account, use your UCI number and other info too. But it may not work now. So if it's not working at the moment, then try it after 5 days.

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
Hi guys

I have re-submitted my OWP application to Mississauga office and it's received on 23rd July. I successfully linked it to my GCkey on 26th July. On average, how long would it be expected for it to be approved? Also, am I currently on "Implied status" and don't need to extend my visitor status? Thanks.
Around 100 days.

godmustbecrazy

Jan 31, 2018
When did your husband send out the file to CIC? Normally at 6 months mark, it will ask for medical exam, since you have past it already, no idea the next step,it may have some request after that.
Normally the next step should be background check.
Hey Vivian,

Mine is a similar case. I had submitted my medical upfront with my PR/OWP application, on Jan 5, (got my OWP on Apr 24 and have been working since May28).

After this, I recieved a request for medical on July 12. I gave my test on July 20th, and checked the PanelPhysician website today (July 31) and it says the medical has been uploaded by my doctor.

I checked my CIC account and it now says ‘You passed the medical exam.’in the medical section, but there is no new/explicit message at the bottom of the page. is this normal?

Also, the background check section says ‘We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if anything changes.’

Q. Do i need to go to the doctor, get the documents and upload them myself?

Q. What is the next step in the process?

Thanks

Sid

GMMG

Feb 22, 2018
Hi everyone

I got 2 letters in my GCKey account today.
The first one was to inform me that I "meet eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law parther in Canada class."

The second letter was to inform me that my application has been transferred to the Ottawa office for further assessment.

I think this is a move in the right direction, even though I have not seen any other people who said their files were transferred to Ottawa.

I did my medicals earlier this year when I applied to extend my stay, so my account shows that my I passed my medicals.

I am amazed that I got an update, I thought they were still working on 2017 applications.

Application sent: 17 Jan 2018
Application received: 18 Jan 2018
AOR : 20 Feb 2018
WP: 24 April 2018
Eligibility passed: 31 July 2018

Best of luck to everyone.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hey Vivian,

Mine is a similar case. I had submitted my medical upfront with my PR/OWP application, on Jan 5, (got my OWP on Apr 24 and have been working since May28).

After this, I recieved a request for medical on July 12. I gave my test on July 20th, and checked the PanelPhysician website today (July 31) and it says the medical has been uploaded by my doctor.

I checked my CIC account and it now says ‘You passed the medical exam.’in the medical section, but there is no new/explicit message at the bottom of the page. is this normal?

Also, the background check section says ‘We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if anything changes.’

Q. Do i need to go to the doctor, get the documents and upload them myself?

Q. What is the next step in the process?

Thanks

Sid
It's normal when CIC account said you passed the medical exam, which means you have done thins. And you don't need to go to the doctor, get the documents and upload them myself, they have already submitted for you.

And now you are on the next step already, background check, normally this will take about three months, so from now on, unless they request more documents, otherwise, the next step should be approve for both of you:), please see the below:
SA: Sponsor Approval
AIP: Approval in Principle (first stage approval for Applicant)

Then
DM: Decision Made
Landing interview.

Congrats!

Last edited:
Reactions: godmustbecrazy

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hi everyone

I got 2 letters in my GCKey account today.
The first one was to inform me that I "meet eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law parther in Canada class."

The second letter was to inform me that my application has been transferred to the Ottawa office for further assessment.

I think this is a move in the right direction, even though I have not seen any other people who said their files were transferred to Ottawa.

I did my medicals earlier this year when I applied to extend my stay, so my account shows that my I passed my medicals.

I am amazed that I got an update, I thought they were still working on 2017 applications.

Application sent: 17 Jan 2018
Application received: 18 Jan 2018
AOR : 20 Feb 2018
WP: 24 April 2018
Eligibility passed: 31 July 2018

Best of luck to everyone.

WOW, you got AIP (Approval in Principle (first stage approval for Applicant)

People said when they've moved your case to other office, it means faster:)

Reactions: GMMG