AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
I sponsor my wife and file was received on March 1, they request fro PCC after that. I just attach Police clearence from India.
It already 3 months and i do not get any other notification.

My concern do i need RCMP Police clearence or not ?
If yes then what i have to do now ?

They also write this:

 At this time, you need to provide a police certificate for:
1) The country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and
2) The country where you have spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

You must also provide this for every family member (whether accompanying you to Canada or not) who is aged 18 or older. Please refer to your application guide for a definition of “family member”. This must be received at this office by: 2018/05/04

Please advice ?
1. Has she stayed in Canada for more than 6 months? If yes, then yes you will have to send an RCMP Police clearance. Steps to get one are here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

2. Does your wife have any dependents that were included in her application? If yes, then you will have to send an police check for them as well for any where they have lived for 6 months or more since they were 18.

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Has she stayed in Canada for more than 6 months? If yes, then yes you will have to send an RCMP Police clearance. Steps to get one are here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/canada.html

2. Does your wife have any dependents that were included in her application? If yes, then you will have to send an police check for them as well for any where they have lived for 6 months or more since they were 18.
Not entirely accurate but CIC is confusing on this subject. She needs one from China (the one she has from 2011 will suffice if she has not lived anywhere else in between there and Canada but CIC will obtain their own from Canada as seen below:
"
If you (or a family member 18 or older) have lived in Canada for the last six months, or Canada is the country where you (or they) have

lived for most of your (or their) life since the age of 18, police certificates for Canada are not required at this time. IRCC will make a

request for (a) Canadian police certificate(s) on your behalf. "

Reactions: Michyy

canamconnect

Star Member
Jan 7, 2011
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone :)
I am new here!! really need you guys help. CIC got my application on July 31, 2017 (common in law sponsorship), and they changed my status on May 15, 2018 to I passed the medical exam.
The problem is my current working visa will be expired this September 9. ( I have not applied for the open work visa with my sponsorship application because the processing time was 12 month.. so I just expected that I would get my pr card before my working visa gets expired).
I don't know if I should apply for the open working visa since it also takes time to get the open working visa?? or should I wait for my PR???
Please advise me.. do you guys think that I should wait?? or apply for the working visa???
Thank you!
As there is no guarantee that your PR will be completed by your deadline I would zip in a OWP application (reference your PR app number). If you have a current work permit and apply for a renewal and your current one expires before the renewal comes through you can actually continue working under the basis of implied coverage. If they by chance deny your OWP you would ten have to stop working.

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Today my online OWP system changes from "submitted" to "updated", but there is still no detail information in the status, is it same for yours? does it mean I will get the approval today?
I dont know I can't see it since we are using a representative. :( let me know if you hear anything!

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Not entirely accurate but CIC is confusing on this subject. She needs one from China (the one she has from 2011 will suffice if she has not lived anywhere else in between there and Canada but CIC will obtain their own from Canada as seen below:
"
If you (or a family member 18 or older) have lived in Canada for the last six months, or Canada is the country where you (or they) have

lived for most of your (or their) life since the age of 18, police certificates for Canada are not required at this time. IRCC will make a

request for (a) Canadian police certificate(s) on your behalf. "
You have to be careful with this though. Someone here was in the same situation (lived in Canada since 18) and they got their application returned for not including their RCMP certificate even though it said that they will make a request on your behalf. However I am not 100% sure if this happened because it was the submission before they recieved AOR.

Selene_Underworld

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Hello everyone,

So I haven't heard anything from CIC - my application was received on March 13, it's now 10 weeks. My husband checks his mail box regularly too and see nothing. Should I contact them now? I mean, if my application is not complete, it should be sent back by now as well right? If any of you contacted them for a similar situation before, could you share with me your experience please?

Thank you!

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Feb 8 Candidate get the OWP approval today. In my OWP online link system shows I got my OWP approval and the validate period is two years, although I haven't gotten the email conformation. Maybe I will get the email from CIC tomorrow.
That's great! Hopefully we get an email too. I heard it comes the day after.

Saras88

Nov 9, 2017
Hi, we got our application returned today...I guess now we are in a trouble... Does anybody know how long are those forms valid for? Can we send the same forms or we have to update them all? The problem is that the time we sent application I had a job and had letter form the employer, however, we have moved to different province and I (sponsor) am still looking for a job, and my spouse work permit is going to expire in a month. Or can we apply for only open work permit at this time? Could anybody recommend good and not expensive Immigration Consultant in Calgary? Thanks

Reactions: fivestar

Mo Fiqi

Feb 20, 2017
Hey guys.

My file was transferred to the visa Office on May 11 2018 and I am kinda lil crazy situation here. I got a scholarship in another country and the program starts in september so i was wondering if i can postpone my pr application or if i should give try and see if they can grant me z pr before september. Any advice???

newhereaswell

Apr 5, 2018
Hello Friends,

I had my landing interview on Apr 06,2018 in Etobikoke. Still waiting on the PR card. No communication from CIC since then. Any idea when I could be receiving the card.

Thanks a lot for your help.

fifi83

Mar 12, 2018
Feb 8 Candidate get the OWP approval today. In my OWP online link system shows I got my OWP approval and the validate period is two years, although I haven't gotten the email conformation. Maybe I will get the email from CIC tomorrow.
Same here got my OWP Approved just now
didn't got the email yet just show on the account validate period is two years
feel so great :)