+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Mico_0921

May 24, 2018
Hi everyone! I just want to ask something i hope somebody would help me. I just received my AOR and i’m planning to apply for my open work permit and i’m holding a study permit right now but i’m not studying, is there a possibility that they will refuse my application because i’m not studying?pls help.thanks

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
General question for all you nice folks.
I unfortunately (just didn’t even think twice about mailing - so sent the sponsorship/or for inland spousal sponsorship via regular Canada post, I know I know - I’m kicking myself every day for it) but I sent it out May 1 and haven’t received an acknowledgment of receipt.
I’ve read it can take 6-8 weeks so how will the AOR be sent to us? We made the payment of the fees and of course included the proof of both application plus the OWP, but how will we be made aware of the AOR? Via mail or email? Both our email addresses were included in the application however I don’t know if it would be sent to email?
Is there a possibility to already have this Cic online account via which they might get in contact with us?
Thanks for any support you all might have !!

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
I unfortunately (just didn’t even think twice about mailing - so sent the sponsorship/or for inland spousal sponsorship via regular Canada post, I know I know - I’m kicking myself every day for it) but I sent it out May 1 and haven’t received an acknowledgment of receipt.
I’ve read it can take 6-8 weeks so how will the AOR be sent to us? We made the payment of the fees and of course included the proof of both application plus the OWP, but how will we be made aware of the AOR? Via mail or email? Both our email addresses were included in the application however I don’t know if it would be sent to email?
Is there a possibility to already have this Cic online account via which they might get in contact with us?
The AOR will be sent to you by email. After you have received this email, you will be able to connect your application to your online account. Be patient and give it some time, it’ll all be okay!

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Usually the AOR email will come 1 month to the day (give or take a few days) after you have submitted.

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
I
Hi everyone! I just want to ask something i hope somebody would help me. I just received my AOR and i’m planning to apply for my open work permit and i’m holding a study permit right now but i’m not studying, is there a possibility that they will refuse my application because i’m not studying?pls help.thanks
I can’t see why they would deny/refuse your application based on that, as your application comes forth out of your marriage/common-law relationship. That’s the fundamental thing in this process

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
BTW, when did you submitted your PR paper?

Mico_0921

May 24, 2018
i have also another question.incase you have already open work permit is there any chance that you can bring your dependent child to study here while waiting for the PR?thankyou!

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
i have also another question.incase you have already open work permit is there any chance that you can bring your dependent child to study here while waiting for the PR?thankyou!
If you apply inland, if I was right, you can apply a study permit for you child. I wasn't sure, you should read the guide 5525 and 5289.

sg1991

Feb 2, 2016
Feb 02 Applicant. Still waiting for OWP. We have a representative. So we can't even check the account online.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Feb 02 Applicant. Still waiting for OWP. We have a representative. So we can't even check the account online.
Guide 5525: Note: If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and you’ve submitted an application for an open work permit, your work permit will normally be processed within four months.

Beside that, you can check your case at Online Tools, so your representative have your account, but you can see the info online.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Guide 5525: Note: If you’re applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class and you’ve submitted an application for an open work permit, your work permit will normally be processed within four months.

Beside that, you can check your case at Online Tools, so your representative have your account, but you can see the info online.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do
This is incorrect. The work permit is not available to see on ecas. We are using a representative too and it's not possible (tried UCI and everything).