+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Thanks for the info. You are totally right about leaving Canada (what a disgusting law, by the way). My problem is that if my passport expires I´m even more screwed. Usually, if you´re travelling with your spouse and there´s nothing suspicious there should be no problem, but it´s completely arbitrary. I guess I should try calling immigration and explaining the situation, they might have some advice.
There must be another solution. Have you investigated by your embassy, explaining your situation and asking what to do?

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
It takes some time before you can link your OWP to your account, so try it in a couple of days. There has been several different options talked about on the forum before. Make sure you don’t use your PR app number, as this is completely separate from the OWP app. Use the
Thank you very much, you the best:)))

Reactions: Moek90

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hey guys, just an update: got an email today that my OWP has been approved and is valid for two years. So it took about three and a half months from when I sent the app. Waiting for it to arrive in the mail now. I wasn't aware they even sent these emails out during weekends so that was quite a surprise when I saw it this morning hehe.

Check my signature for full timeline. Good luck, everyone!

maks929

May 26, 2018
Hi all, I am new on this forum and have a cpl of questions. First, @np08 thanks for the timeline, mine is sort of similar. I have submitted my application for PR through the common-law program with my partner on Feb 27, 2018 and they had received it on March 2. I got the first response from them about the application UCI and app number (AOR?) on March 27 and I had trouble linking my online application but did so on April 3 and uploaded my Schedule A on April 4th. I had already included the PCC with my package since I had just got them then, and they never asked me to upload them (I guess it is fine to send the paper copies). Now since then, I am waiting for the request for the medical exam and a significant time has passed already. I would like to know what is the approximate time frame for this request after the submission based on your experiences? Is there a reason to worry? Also, I am currently an international student and I was wondering if it is possible(how likely?) for me to receive the email with the confirmation for my PR card BEFORE Nov 1st (since this is when I can apply for domestic tuition at the university which are three times cheaper...), which would really help me out a lot!
As far as I know, I only need the medical exam and then just wait for that magical email/letter. Please let me know about the approximate times for all this from your experiences because my parents are already uneasy about it...o_O I did not apply for OWP with my application (dont know why) so please let me know if I will require some other information/documents in the future so that i can accelerate the processing time and hopefully get the email before Nov 1st this year. Thank you very much for your time and input, I do realize that most of the answers can be probably found on their website but it is way too confusing at times. (for some reason it says that new PR cards are processed within 45 days for students, whereas I am pretty sure the time is UNDER 1 YEAR as of right now).

redhotgalego

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
There must be another solution. Have you investigated by your embassy, explaining your situation and asking what to do?
They are an embarrassment for my country, won't move a finger for a citizen. The only way they renew a passport is if you are inscribed as a permanent resident of Canada.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
Hi all, I am new on this forum and have a cpl of questions. First, @np08 thanks for the timeline, mine is sort of similar. I have submitted my application for PR through the common-law program with my partner on Feb 27, 2018 and they had received it on March 2. I got the first response from them about the application UCI and app number (AOR?) on March 27 and I had trouble linking my online application but did so on April 3 and uploaded my Schedule A on April 4th. I had already included the PCC with my package since I had just got them then, and they never asked me to upload them (I guess it is fine to send the paper copies). Now since then, I am waiting for the request for the medical exam and a significant time has passed already. I would like to know what is the approximate time frame for this request after the submission based on your experiences? Is there a reason to worry? Also, I am currently an international student and I was wondering if it is possible(how likely?) for me to receive the email with the confirmation for my PR card BEFORE Nov 1st (since this is when I can apply for domestic tuition at the university which are three times cheaper...), which would really help me out a lot!
As far as I know, I only need the medical exam and then just wait for that magical email/letter. Please let me know about the approximate times for all this from your experiences because my parents are already uneasy about it...o_O I did not apply for OWP with my application (dont know why) so please let me know if I will require some other information/documents in the future so that i can accelerate the processing time and hopefully get the email before Nov 1st this year. Thank you very much for your time and input, I do realize that most of the answers can be probably found on their website but it is way too confusing at times. (for some reason it says that new PR cards are processed within 45 days for students, whereas I am pretty sure the time is UNDER 1 YEAR as of right now).
Hi there!

It's definitely way too early for the medical exam. These tend to happen at the end of the process, closer to when you actually get the PR.

From what you've told us, I think it's quite unlikely you'll get the PR by Nov 1. March 2nd to Nov 1st is under 8 months and currently the average processing time is 12. If you're from the US, that might help and lower your processing time. On the other hand, you're applying common law which is more difficult to prove and can sometimes drag on a bit because they ask for additional proof and/or interviews.

The PR card thing is for the literal physical cards - it means it'll take around 45 days to get the card after you've completed the landing process (which happens after your PR application has been approved).

Basically, it could happen, but it's unlikely. The majority of apps fall into the 11-13 months range, if looking at the different spreadsheets here, as well as the official site giving a 12 month average.

As for being contacted, now that I've gotten my OWP, I don't expect any correspondence for pretty much months to come, just to give you an idea.

Hang in there! :)

Reactions: maks929

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Got my Aor on March 7 and still havent heard anything regarding the OWP. Getting a bit worried... :(
Dont be worried. We received AOR around the same time and haven't heard anything either. Actually most Feb applicants (those with March AOR) have not recieved OWP as far as I can see.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redzie

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
They are an embarrassment for my country, won't move a finger for a citizen. The only way they renew a passport is if you are inscribed as a permanent resident of Canada.
That doesn’t sound very positive at all. Have you tried contacting your old home community building? Sometimes it’s possible to get stuff done, because they still have all your files and if you make someone, a family member for example, your representative by writing out an official letter, it might be possible. Give it a try!

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
That doesn’t sound very positive at all. Have you tried contacting your old home community building? Sometimes it’s possible to get stuff done, because they still have all your files and if you make someone, a family member for example, your representative by writing out an official letter, it might be possible. Give it a try!
When you got your AOR, when the CIC requested the Police Certificates and Schedule A ? It was after a week or couple of days of AOR?

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
When you got your AOR, when the CIC requested the Police Certificates and Schedule A ? It was after a week or couple of days of AOR?
They requested it straight away, the moment I linked my application to my online account there was a message in the account saying that I had 45 days time to provide the documents.

Redzie

Feb 11, 2018
Dont be worried. We revieved AOR around the same time and haven't heard anything either. Actually most Feb applicants (those with March AOR) have not recieved OWP as far as I can see.
And nobody has gotten anything other than the both sponsor's and PA's AoR either? Like sponsor approval or something? (No idea what this is..read it in 2017 thread)

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
And nobody has gotten anything other than the both sponsor's and PA's AoR either? Like sponsor approval or something? (No idea what this is..read it in 2017 thread)
Nope. The last thing we got was the request for Sched A/PCC. After that it was silence lol I heard sponsor approval doesn't come for a while lol. Sometimes people dont even recieve a letter of acknowledgement for it.

Reactions: Redzie