+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Lovejit Singh

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
I request everybody please mention your File received date and AOR date with any update on file.

I submit mine on 27 February, 2018 still no update so far after AOR and PCC already submitted.

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hey i have received an email (i'm the sponsor), but my husband (the PA) has not yet received an email asking that he link his application online. it has almost been a week... anyone else experience this or know if this is normal? i received an application number with the email but i haven't managed to link his application to his online account. help?
I am the sponsor and my husband never received the email for AOR. It is okay, as long as you are able to link the application online.

Jenny X

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Feb 7,2018 applicant , got AOR on Mar 5,still waiting for OWP , hope it will come asap. *_*

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
I request everybody please mention your File received date and AOR date with any update on file.

I submit mine on 27 February, 2018 still no update so far after AOR and PCC already submitted.
I submitted my file on Feb 14 . AOR received on March 08. Pcc submitted. No updates after that .

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Jan 9 applicant :) its basically in my signature.
So its on average about 4 months to receive OWP? I'm gonna be sponsoring my Aussie hubby in a few months and he's gonna be here for on a working holiday visa so that he can work while we work on the sponsorship process. Its good to know how soon before the end of his IEC visa we'll have to send in the sponsorship paperwork so that he can work uninterrupted.

E.R.Z784

Apr 13, 2018
So its on average about 4 months to receive OWP? I'm gonna be sponsoring my Aussie hubby in a few months and he's gonna be here for on a working holiday visa so that he can work while we work on the sponsorship process. Its good to know how soon before the end of his IEC visa we'll have to send in the sponsorship paperwork so that he can work uninterrupted.
Technically, as soon as you file the application while you still have a valid work permit, you can work uninterrupted. It is called "Implied Status" check this page:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

wackytacky

Jul 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Technically, as soon as you file the application while you still have a valid work permit, you can work uninterrupted. It is called "Implied Status" check this page:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html
make sure to check it with cic first though. Because working holiday is IEC work permit which has hard cap of 1 yr (from what I know) So, after it expires, you need to apply for different kind of work permit. The OWP you apply with PR does give you implied status, but that is Implied status for TRV only unless you are extending your current visa.
Let other folks correct me if I am wrong. But its always good to be safe :)

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
I am the sponsor and my husband never received the email for AOR. It is okay, as long as you are able to link the application online.
Oh interesting. did your email request you to link the application online? My email didnt mention linking it online. i tried anyhow, several times, and i still havent been successful. i called them to follow-up and the automated system said that they did not need further documents at this time

Sulwyn

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
make sure to check it with cic first though. Because working holiday is IEC work permit which has hard cap of 1 yr (from what I know) So, after it expires, you need to apply for different kind of work permit. The OWP you apply with PR does give you implied status, but that is Implied status for TRV only unless you are extending your current visa.
Let other folks correct me if I am wrong. But its always good to be safe :)
Depending on what country you're from, the IEC work permit is either one or two years and doesn't benefit from implied status for the work portion of the visa. So you can stay as a visitor but cannot work until you are granted your OWP.

yvonne419

Feb 24, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
AOR Received.
19-02-2018
Hi guys, is anyone's PR application in the phase of Background Check? I just checked my application status and it stated that background check was underway. My timeline is received on Jan 17th 2018 and got AOR on Feb 19th, got OWP as well.

Last edited:

Norwaycanada

Jul 28, 2017
BC
App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
AOR Received.
02-20-2018
Hi guys, is anyone's PR application in the phase of Background Check? I just checked my application status and it stated that background check was underway. My timeline is received on Jan 17th 2018 and got AOR on Feb 19th, got OWP as well.
I’m one day behind you for recieved and AOR, my background check just says not applicable, hopefully that will change soon!

yvonne419

Feb 24, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
AOR Received.
19-02-2018
I’m one day behind you for recieved and AOR, my background check just says not applicable, hopefully that will change soon!
I think you will change soon. But I'm confused that what this step means. If application is outland of Canada, it means the last step, I'm not sure what about if inland.