2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Norwaycanada

Jul 28, 2017
BC
App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
AOR Received.
02-20-2018
I think you will change soon. But I'm confused that what this step means. If application is outland of Canada, it means the last step, I'm not sure what about if inland.
The waiting drives me a bit crazy. I just want to get my medical request, and hen get the whole thing approved. I really wish it was quicker than it is. It feels like living in a limbo. Specially the first months before we sent it in, and I wasn’t covered by MSP. Couldn’t get a library card, no Costco card, can’t leave the country. But it’s all worth it to be able to be with my husband, and for my kids to be with their father.

yvonne419

Feb 24, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
AOR Received.
19-02-2018
The waiting drives me a bit crazy. I just want to get my medical request, and hen get the whole thing approved. I really wish it was quicker than it is. It feels like living in a limbo. Specially the first months before we sent it in, and I wasn’t covered by MSP. Couldn’t get a library card, no Costco card, can’t leave the country. But it’s all worth it to be able to be with my husband, and for my kids to be with their father.
I feel you! Couldn't work and have no income, really scare if l was ill to see a doctor which would cost a lot! But now it has gone, everything changes in a better way, I have a job and insurance now. And the application has moved. So you will be better and get everything you wish. At least, our family is together.

Reactions: Norwaycanada

Norwaycanada

Jul 28, 2017
BC
App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
AOR Received.
02-20-2018
I feel you! Couldn't work and have no income, really scare if l was ill to see a doctor which would cost a lot! But now it has gone, everything changes in a better way, I have a job and insurance now. And the application has moved. So you will be better and get everything you wish. At least, our family is together.
Yeah, my MSP coverage began around a month ago, and last week my husband told me that his extended health is covering me as well, so it gets easier! It just makes me more grateful about the things I have. And keeping my family together was the most important for me.

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Hey folks,

I just found out that, when you are on implied status, you are eligible for EI. I don't know if this is a known fact, but for me it wasn't so I just thought to share it with you! I have been in Canada on an International Experience Canada visa and my work ran out, so I was able to apply for EI. My EI is continueing now I'm on implied status, so maybe this can help other people as well to get through some months while waiting for the OWP. The man I spoke to at the Service Canada told me that ''things with the government don't go so fast, therefore we have this option''. I hope this will help some of you out there, good luck!

Rameezkhan

May 6, 2018
Hi , I am preparing to apply soon but need a little clarification with regards to the police clearnce for Kuwait residents.
Do i need to submit along with my application or will i be requested as when i attempted to get the PCC,Kuwait athorities asked for a letter from the canadian embassy. need your help please if anyone can!
Thanks
I think it depends if they ask for the hard copy. Just keep it at hand in case they request for it. I submitted my hard copy along with the app back in December. So far, they haven’t requested any police certificates from me yet.

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
You can still get a costco card though..

christine_thai

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi all, Im going to do an inland application soon, I'm wondering if I need to do the medical exams before summiting the application or I must wait for their request. Thank you.

Norwaycanada

Jul 28, 2017
BC
App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
AOR Received.
02-20-2018
You can still get a costco card though..
No, I actually couldn’t until I had my BC services card. They only accepted ID that had my Canadian address on it, to give me a Costco card. I don’t know if that goes for every Costco, but that was what they said here.

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
No, I actually couldn’t until I had my BC services card. They only accepted ID that had my Canadian address on it, to give me a Costco card. I don’t know if that goes for every Costco, but that was what they said here.
Oh I see. My wife added me as a supplementary so I just showed them my statement with address on it