+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

wackytacky

Jul 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hey folks,

I just found out that, when you are on implied status, you are eligible for EI. I don't know if this is a known fact, but for me it wasn't so I just thought to share it with you! I have been in Canada on an International Experience Canada visa and my work ran out, so I was able to apply for EI. My EI is continueing now I'm on implied status, so maybe this can help other people as well to get through some months while waiting for the OWP. The man I spoke to at the Service Canada told me that ''things with the government don't go so fast, therefore we have this option''. I hope this will help some of you out there, good luck!
Thats new information! could you please let me know how/ where you applied for EI? Or link me to any website? Thanks

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
Thats new information! could you please let me know how/ where you applied for EI? Or link me to any website? Thanks
So, when you have been working in Canada for a company, on your paycheck you can see that you are paying into an EI fund. If that´s the case for you, you could be eligible for EI. The other main part for being eligible for EI is that you are without work, because for example, the work season was over(treeplanting), you couldn't work anymore because of the elements(wintertime and construction). You can apply for EI on this website;

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-apply-online.html

A couple days before my work permit expired, I was called by someone from Service Canada, who had seen that my work permit was about to expire and was wondering whether I had already had a new one. I told him I hadn't and that I was going to stop my EI on my last day. He asked about my status and I told him that it was implied status because of PR application blablabla. And than he told me that, because processing times take so long, being on implied status, you are still eligible for EI, to help you over that hump of waiting time.

Hopefully this helps!

CanadaFuture93

Jul 23, 2017
Lloydminster
AOR Received.
27-11-2017
Med's Request
12-04-2018
Med's Done....
26-04-2018
Please anyone ?

Hello everyone

I am just wondering, once we pass the medical visit, do we have to transfer anything to cic ? (Like I had to do with the schedule A) or is it only the doctor doing everything and my application will update when it's done ?

Thank you

truocloh

Apr 24, 2018
Please anyone ?
I'm in Ontario and the doctor who performed my medical submitted everything for me. I had the first part of the exam and the x ray done in two different clinics and my results were received by CIC within a week. I uploaded the receipt form that my doctor gave me as proof of completion, but I don't think it was necessary to do so.

Reactions: CanadaFuture93

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
So, when you have been working in Canada for a company, on your paycheck you can see that you are paying into an EI fund. If that´s the case for you, you could be eligible for EI. The other main part for being eligible for EI is that you are without work, because for example, the work season was over(treeplanting), you couldn't work anymore because of the elements(wintertime and construction). You can apply for EI on this website;

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/ei-apply-online.html

A couple days before my work permit expired, I was called by someone from Service Canada, who had seen that my work permit was about to expire and was wondering whether I had already had a new one. I told him I hadn't and that I was going to stop my EI on my last day. He asked about my status and I told him that it was implied status because of PR application blablabla. And than he told me that, because processing times take so long, being on implied status, you are still eligible for EI, to help you over that hump of waiting time.

Hopefully this helps!
So my wife is PA and I'm the sponsor, she just got a job but it is seasonal. After seasonal work is done, she's eligible for EI? Would that be a good reason to apply for EI while looking for other work?

Moek90

Star Member
Dec 14, 2017
So my wife is PA and I'm the sponsor, she just got a job but it is seasonal. After seasonal work is done, she's eligible for EI? Would that be a good reason to apply for EI while looking for other work?
Absolutely. Her job is seasonal, so it is not her fault that she's 'without work'. The season has run out, so the moment that happens, you apply for EI and than you can be on EI and look for work, while still receiving funds. Funds that you already have been paying into!

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Hi , I am preparing to apply soon but need a little clarification with regards to the police clearnce for Kuwait residents.
Do i need to submit along with my application or will i be requested as when i attempted to get the PCC,Kuwait athorities asked for a letter from the canadian embassy. need your help please if anyone can!
Thanks
Your guide is the document checklist. If it says you’ll be needing to provide PCC from Kuwait upfront with the application then you will have to. But like you said, you’d need CIC to request from your government. Therefore, what I would do is provide a letter explaining your situation - how you can’t attach it with your initial application. That’s my opinion. I hope others can jump in on this one. Countries like Mexico I think need a request too. I’m just not too sure though.

roysk

Jan 3, 2018
Just an update

The review of my eligibility for OWP has been changed this morning
Timeline
Feb 1 Missisuaga received my app
Feb 28 AOR
Mar 1 IRCC requested Sched A and PCC
Same day Uploaded requested docs
April 20 Background check has been processed for my PR

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Just an update

The review of my eligibility for OWP has been changed this morning
Timeline
Feb 1 Missisuaga received my app
Feb 28 AOR
Mar 1 IRCC requested Sched A and PCC
Same day Uploaded requested docs
April 20 Background check has been processed for my PR
Have you linked your open-work-permit account? if you applied.