+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Jeje

Dec 1, 2014
Folks I need your help.

I submitted the PR in land application along with OWP for my wife last week. I made sure the Schedule A form was physically signed by her as per the checklist. I forgot to ask her to do that for OWP application IMM 5710. Would it be returned back.? Can I fill another form and send it CIC. I don't want it to be returned and delay the whole process. Please help me
I would suggest to send another owp application to vegreville alberta instead since the one you send to missisauga will get return because of missing signature

Sinoiz

Apr 26, 2018
As long as one of the two apps (OWP and/or visitor extension) are in process you are on implied status until a decision is made.
What if visitor status is expired, applied for OWP and it says in process? Is this also implied status? From everything I read on this forum they won’t approve of an OWP if status is expired. But they didn’t simply reject it. It says processing when I look at the online account.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
What if visitor status is expired, applied for OWP and it says in process? Is this also implied status? From everything I read on this forum they won’t approve of an OWP if status is expired. But they didn’t simply reject it. It says processing when I look at the online account.
No, you are not on implied status. Implied status is only when you have submitted an application for OWP prior to your status being expired. You will only get your OWP after your AIP. However, there were a few lucky people who got their OWP despite sending a spousal sponsorship application + OWP without status.

Reactions: Michyy

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
From what I've read, if you weren't in status then they will not approve the OWP however if you sent in the appli action and they recieved it while you were in status, and only after your visitor status expired then that's fine. Remember that just because it says in process it does not mean it is approved.

princessjustin24

Jan 26, 2018
My PR application Dec 2017 inland application is saying under background check “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.” I havent received any request for medical yet. How long will it take for me to get AIP?

danmuji

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hi all,

I received my OWP in the mail today, April 30th. I received approval on myCIC on April 24th. See my signature for my timeline.

Reactions: GMMG

Sasasa

Apr 3, 2018
Hi all,

I applied for inland sponsorship spouse by paper and the sponsor have received a confirmation email on Saturday April 28 and I was able to link it to my GCKey account. However my question is under the title "Continue my profile / application, not yet submitted" it shows online application not submitted and it given me 60 days to submit, does anyone else in the same situation? What am I suppose to do?

P.S. I do have an submitted application under the title "
View my submitted applications or profiles"

Please help thank you

Last edited:

godmustbecrazy

Jan 31, 2018
You will get official OWP in the mail, approximately one week after approval shown in MyCIC account. IRCC did say to wait up to 6 weeks for OWP but most of us got it within a week.
You will get official OWP in the mail, approximately one week after approval shown in MyCIC account. IRCC did say to wait up to 6 weeks for OWP but most of us got it within a week.
Hey, an update received my OWP in the mail today. So online approval came on Apr 24. And OWP received in 6 days on the next monday. Hope this helps people be relieved of any anxiety! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: GMMG and wackytacky

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hey i have received an email (i'm the sponsor), but my husband (the PA) has not yet received an email asking that he link his application online. it has almost been a week... anyone else experience this or know if this is normal? i received an application number with the email but i haven't managed to link his application to his online account. help?

godmustbecrazy

Jan 31, 2018
Hey i have received an email (i'm the sponsor), but my husband (the PA) has not yet received an email asking that he link his application online. it has almost been a week... anyone else experience this or know if this is normal? i received an application number with the email but i haven't managed to link his application to his online account. help?
Be patient (I know its hard to ;)). It should def. be in tomorrow. :)

Last edited:

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Folks I need your help.

I submitted the PR in land application along with OWP for my wife last week. I made sure the Schedule A form was physically signed by her as per the checklist. I forgot to ask her to do that for OWP application IMM 5710. Would it be returned back.? Can I fill another form and send it CIC. I don't want it to be returned and delay the whole process. Please help me
Yes it will be returned as the signature is needed on the OWP. Suggest you to send another one with her signature and all the copies. I forgot to attach photocopies as per the work permit checklist, so I send another one to Vegreville and attached a letter to omit the first mail and use the current mail with the photocopies attached. It worked and didn't delay the process.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Hi guys, does anyone after February submit the paper, CIC is still ask you to provide Schedule A & PCC ?
I am new here :)

Last edited: