+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
guys please i need help ASP. whats the order you should put your documents when sending application.
Let say i have 1.checklist, 2.form(last page with barcode). 3. extra paper explaination. 4.documents. 5. receipt.

is this order ok !? : 1. checklist. 2. bar code page, 3. receipt. 4. extra paper explaination. 5 form. 6 documents. ????

thats just for open working permit. and when you send together with PR apllication, whats the order?

thank you.
This is what it says on the cic website:
The order of documents should be as follows:
checklist;
open work permit application (and supporting documents), if applicable;
any barcode pages;
supporting documents, in the order they’re listed on the checklist.

So I'd say follow that and put the receipts in the order that's on the checklist.
Don't worry about it too much though, I didn't send them in the correct order but it's good to follow their guideline

roysk

Jan 3, 2018
My online status of owp is saying we are reviewing your eligibility requirements. How much time will it take to get approved .
Congrats..usually it comes approve within the day. Just check it again tonight
Your timeline plssss
Ty

thisisruss

Mar 26, 2018
My online status of owp is saying we are reviewing your eligibility requirements. How much time will it take to get approved .
Congrats! What is your Application Dates? When was it received and what office did you send your OWP App to?

MarVrv

Apr 27, 2018
Hello
I'm new here. My spouse in sponsoring me inland and the application was received on Jan 18, 2017. Schedule A and background check were sent in March 2017. After that, we haven't heard anything. I'm getting a bit worried. Is it Ok that process takes longer than normal?

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hello
I'm new here. My spouse in sponsoring me inland and the application was received on Jan 18, 2017. Schedule A and background check were sent in March 2017. After that, we haven't heard anything. I'm getting a bit worried. Is it Ok that process takes longer than normal?
It sounds like the reasonable timeline. Did you apply for open work permit? If yes you may get it very soon.

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
My husbands application was sent March 28th and i received an email April 25th that it is received and being reviewed! He hasn't received an email yet, just wondering if the application number that i was sent is the same as his. i tried to connect to his online account with the one i was sent with his UCI and it didnt work...

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Hello,

This is my first time here. I am getting a bit worried :(. My spouse is sponsoring me inland and the application was received by the Mississauga office on March 29 and I haven't heard anything. My open work permit expires in June and I was hoping to hear something by now.

Any advise.
we were march 28th and i just got an email on april 25th, it should be any day now!

MarVrv

Apr 27, 2018
It sounds like the reasonable timeline. Did you apply for open work permit? If yes you may get it very soon.
Yes, I applied for OWP and got it in July 2017. I'm worried because it's already more than 15 months after they received our applications, and 12 months after they got Schedule A and background check. On the CIC site processing time is 12 months. Is it average longer processing time?

hslavin

Apr 28, 2018
Hi guys hopefully this is the right place to post! I'm looking for some clarity on my current situation.

I am a Canadian who has been living with my partner in Australia for the past 4 years. I have been approved for a Partner Visa and permanent residency here in Australia and I am now a total expert on Australian visas by completely lost when it comes to Canadian visas.

My partner and I are planning to move to Canada and have booked flights for the end of July not realising it wasn't as easy as we thought to get a working holiday visa in Canada. What we were thinking of doing is my partner enter Canada on a visitor visa and then we apply for the spousal visa straight away. Our main concern is if the processing time for the spousal visa is longer than the length of the visitor visa will he need to leave the country?

Thanks for any help/advice I am very stressed!

MarVrv

Apr 27, 2018
Hi guys hopefully this is the right place to post! I'm looking for some clarity on my current situation.

I am a Canadian who has been living with my partner in Australia for the past 4 years. I have been approved for a Partner Visa and permanent residency here in Australia and I am now a total expert on Australian visas by completely lost when it comes to Canadian visas.

My partner and I are planning to move to Canada and have booked flights for the end of July not realising it wasn't as easy as we thought to get a working holiday visa in Canada. What we were thinking of doing is my partner enter Canada on a visitor visa and then we apply for the spousal visa straight away. Our main concern is if the processing time for the spousal visa is longer than the length of the visitor visa will he need to leave the country?

Thanks for any help/advice I am very stressed!
Don't be stressed. After you send the application for sponsorship, your partner can apply for an extension visitor visa or/either for the open work permit. The processing time takes 3-4 months for each of them. I was in the same situation. The first, I applied for extension visitor visa and after the for the open work permit. I did this because I was afraid that my visitor visa will be expired before I receive the open work permit. In Canada, if you apply for extension your current status you don't need to leave a country during processing time. You can get more details here -http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=473&top=16
If you apply to change your status (for example, you're a visitor and want to get the work permit) you need to have valid status during the processing time. In other words, the length your current status should be longer than expected processing time.

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Yes, I applied for OWP and got it in July 2017. I'm worried because it's already more than 15 months after they received our applications, and 12 months after they got Schedule A and background check. On the CIC site processing time is 12 months. Is it average longer processing time?
Have you tried to send IRCC webfirm? They will respond to you regarding cases with longer than normal processing time.

MarVrv

Apr 27, 2018
Have you tried to send IRCC webfirm? They will respond to you regarding cases with longer than normal processing time.
No, I didn't try. Because I read about web form and found this "If it’s been longer than the time shown above since you applied, and you don’t see an update in your online application status, contact us using the Web form." I can check my application status online. Do you think I can send web form?

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
No, I didn't try. Because I read about web form and found this "If it’s been longer than the time shown above since you applied, and you don’t see an update in your online application status, contact us using the Web form." I can check my application status online. Do you think I can send web form?
I think you should, because although you can check the status, there is no update. At this point there is no harm to follow up with Immigration, the worst scenario would be that they ignore you, but I don't believe they will. Like you said, it is already over a year and you have not heard back in months.

MarVrv

Apr 27, 2018
I think you should, because although you can check the status, there is no update. At this point there is no harm to follow up with Immigration, the worst scenario would be that they ignore you, but I don't believe they will. Like you said, it is already over a year and you have not heard back in months.
Thank you for your advice. I will try it