+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

commonlaw2018

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi have you guys tried to go to service canada without the actual work permit at all? and just show the notification message?
No Way! Service Canada only accepts original document. The lady there used two special ‘gadgets’ to double confirm my work permit real!

wackytacky

Jul 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FAM
No Way! Service Canada only accepts original document. The lady there used two special ‘gadgets’ to double confirm my work permit real!
My partner already had a SIN # with her previous work permit (which expired) Does she need to apply for new SIN number again after the new OWP arrives by mail?

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Hello guys how much time it takes from reviewing eligibility to approval for owp
3-4 months since the applicant received date.

AEVS26

Apr 26, 2018
Hi, Ive got a question. My canadian partner and I are planning on moving over this year May from the UK. I want to apply for the PR after arrival. What do I tell Border Control when entering? Return flights are booked for 6 months later (just in case). We will have savings to tie us over for up to 6 months (hopefully in that time he has found a job). Will I declare it as just a visit for 6 months to see friends, family and travel or will I be truthful in saying that I am planning on staying and applying for PR?
Hi, I am a UK citizen and my spouse is a Canadian citizen so sounds like you`re in a similar position to us! I sent off my application inland for PR and OWP early April 2018 but have had no response from CIC yet.

I was stopped at Manchester airport leaving the UK as I only had a one way flight to Canada and had to speak to an agent at the Canadian border patrol (I think it was) over the phone but after a 15 minute phone call they let me on the plane.
I then had to do a full interview and provide proof of my intent to apply for the PR and OWP at Toronto airport at the Immigration Desk. So you will be okay with a one way flight but make sure you have all your documentation and evidence with you in your hand luggage ready for the interview at the Canadian airport you arrive at.... you will not be able to collect your checked in baggage until after the interview so you need to make sure you have all proof of relationship and application forms on your person/hand luggage.

It was all pretty stressful as I had no idea what to expect when I arrived in Canada after having to justify why I should be allowed on the plan at Manchester airport but just print off as much information as possible to show you are going to carry out the visa application process properly and they will let you though and give you a temporary visitor visa to allow you to remain in Canada while you wait for your visa to come through.

Hope this helps :)

AEVS26

Apr 26, 2018

Rety

Apr 1, 2016
My online status of owp is saying we are reviewing your eligibility requirements. How much time will it take to get approved .

Reactions: thisisruss

softgothk

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Does anyone know roughly how long it takes from the approval of OWP to medical request? Or is there anything that they review in between?

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Does anyone know roughly how long it takes from the approval of OWP to medical request? Or is there anything that they review in between?
Based on what I've seen here, I'm expecting to hear something 3-4 months after OWP, but they're not really punctual apparently. So keep an eye on this forum I'd say

riffraff9

Oct 17, 2015
guys please i need help ASP. whats the order you should put your documents when sending application.
Let say i have 1.checklist, 2.form(last page with barcode). 3. extra paper explaination. 4.documents. 5. receipt.

is this order ok !? : 1. checklist. 2. bar code page, 3. receipt. 4. extra paper explaination. 5 form. 6 documents. ????

thats just for open working permit. and when you send together with PR apllication, whats the order?

thank you.

chinup

Apr 26, 2018
Hello,

This is my first time here. I am getting a bit worried :(. My spouse is sponsoring me inland and the application was received by the Mississauga office on March 29 and I haven't heard anything. My open work permit expires in June and I was hoping to hear something by now.

Any advise.

roysk

Jan 3, 2018
Hello,

This is my first time here. I am getting a bit worried :(. My spouse is sponsoring me inland and the application was received by the Mississauga office on March 29 and I haven't heard anything. My open work permit expires in June and I was hoping to hear something by now.

Any advise.
Hi there
You will receive ur aor after 30 days. So probably i would be next week then. Just relax:)