+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Mar 29, 2018
That was so fast! Did you receive your AOR via email? We submitted in February and are still waiting have heard anything!!!
Hi there,

I received the email last night and linked the account immediately.

I was worried that our forms would be returned because they updated the forms in February 2018, but they allowed the old forms up until March 15th 2018.

One thing I would suggest is if you are using Windows Mail, check both the Focused and Other folder, the Other folder doesn't give me email alerts, but fortunately I am OCD about things and kept checking all folders. I found the email in there last night and told my computer to move future emails to Focused.

Hope you hear back soon :)

monicaC

Mar 26, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
We were wondering if we should get it now too, however my husband hasn't been in Canada for 6 months. Has your husband already been in Canada for more than 6 months?
Yes he has been here since May. so I am sure we will have to do it. I think we will get it done next week so its ready for when they request it

Reactions: Michyy

garydee

Mar 30, 2018
Hi guys, I was wondering if it's okay to leave Canada for a short trip during an inland sponsorship application. I am the principal applicant and I would like to go to my home country for a week or two in September, for work-related reasons. Our application was posted on March 14th 2018, delivered on March 19th and we are still waiting for the AOR. I also applied for a OWP (my current WP expires in September).
Is it safe? I would really appreciate if you could share your experiences, considering our timeline. Thanks! :)

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Hi guys, I was wondering if it's okay to leave Canada for a short trip during an inland sponsorship application. I am the principal applicant and I would like to go to my home country for a week or two in September, for work-related reasons. Our application was posted on March 14th 2018, delivered on March 19th and we are still waiting for the AOR. I also applied for a OWP (my current WP expires in September).
Is it safe? I would really appreciate if you could share your experiences, considering our timeline. Thanks! :)
Technically you can go, however if for some reason you aren't allowed back into Canada, your PR application will be deemed abandoned.

Reactions: garydee

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Technically you can go, however if for some reason you aren't allowed back into Canada, your PR application will be deemed abandoned.
I've heard that's very rare, to not be allowed back in Canada with an OWP and everything! I'm trying to decide wether I can take a short trip that's required for work

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
I've heard that's very rare, to not be allowed back in Canada with an OWP and everything! I'm trying to decide wether I can take a short trip that's required for work
Yep it may be. But at the end of the day it's all at the discretion of the boarder officer.

Snibbles

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Has anyone from January started receiving their OWP? Following the 2017 forum as well.

Fmg

Mar 31, 2018
Hi guys,
I got a police certificate in Nigeria while applying for study permit 2years ago and attached it to my application.I have been an international student in Canada since 2016 and have never left. My wife (Canadian) wants to sponsor me under inland spousal sponsorship for permanent residence. Do I have to get a Nigerian police check even though I haven’t been in Nigeria since 2016?

bieber123

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Hi guys,
I got a police certificate in Nigeria while applying for study permit 2years ago and attached it to my application.I have been an international student in Canada since 2016 and have never left. My wife (Canadian) wants to sponsor me under inland spousal sponsorship for permanent residence. Do I have to get a Nigerian police check even though I haven’t been in Nigeria since 2016?
Yes

missancheta

Oct 13, 2017
https://ibb.co/gRQ6C7

We applied on Feb 21 and our paperwork was received the following day. We haven't received correspondence and am starting to get nervous as I keep seeing others who have applied later already getting their AOR. When we sign into our account using my husband's info (sponsor) - this is what we see. However, when we click on complete application it takes us to the questionnaire to see if you're eligible for sponsorship. The date applied is correct however, why is it saying nothing was submitted? Did anyone else have this issue? Should we have something in the submitted section?

Leogirl22

Star Member
Jan 16, 2018
App. Filed.......
Nov22, 2017
Doc's Request.
Jan 11, 2017
Med's Done....
May 2018
https://ibb.co/gRQ6C7

We applied on Feb 21 and our paperwork was received the following day. We haven't received correspondence and am starting to get nervous as I keep seeing others who have applied later already getting their AOR. When we sign into our account using my husband's info (sponsor) - this is what we see. However, when we click on complete application it takes us to the questionnaire to see if you're eligible for sponsorship. The date applied is correct however, why is it saying nothing was submitted? Did anyone else have this issue? Should we have something in the submitted section?
Hello,
AOR takes 6-8 weeks.. just be patient

panther360

Jun 19, 2016
Hello all,

I have to apply for my wife's (On study permit till March 2020) spousal sponsorship application along with OWP application.

I have very specific questions and I would be very thankful to this forum if they provide me with good sincere advice:

- What is the length of OWP time period, if approved? Is it based on the study permit time period or further than that date?

- If she OWP is approved then would she be able to apply for post-graduation work permit?

Thanks in advance :)

dvazquez13

Apr 2, 2018
Hello everyone!
Im so glad i happened to discover this forum and to find out that I'm not the only one going crazy while filling out the applications.
My husband is from Mexico and we've been married since October 2017. He just arrived in Canada last week on a tourist visa.. im really hoping to get some help with a few of the things I'm struggling to answer.
1) Mexicans no longer require a visa to enter canada, so how do i prove his status? He has a stamp on his passport showing the date he entered, but not the date he is supposed to leave.. is the stamp his proof?
2) Since he just arrived and is technically a tourist, we don't have any shared ownership of anything. How do i show proof of shared ownership or proof of address if he is a tourist?
3) the section which asks "if you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship".. we visited eachother many times, but now he is living with me.. do i check yes and fill in the travel information?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! Im pulling my hair out over here

roysk

Jan 3, 2018
Hello everyone!
Im so glad i happened to discover this forum and to find out that I'm not the only one going crazy while filling out the applications.
My husband is from Mexico and we've been married since October 2017. He just arrived in Canada last week on a tourist visa.. im really hoping to get some help with a few of the things I'm struggling to answer.
1) Mexicans no longer require a visa to enter canada, so how do i prove his status? He has a stamp on his passport showing the date he entered, but not the date he is supposed to leave.. is the stamp his proof?
2) Since he just arrived and is technically a tourist, we don't have any shared ownership of anything. How do i show proof of shared ownership or proof of address if he is a tourist?
3) the section which asks "if you are not living together, have you visited each other during your relationship".. we visited eachother many times, but now he is living with me.. do i check yes and fill in the travel information?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! Im pulling my hair out over here
Hi there

Here’s my answers to ur questions
1) yes the stamp when he enter canada is the proof. Just provide the photocopy.
2)since ur married then i believe your both living together now. If your renting a house then u can ask the owner to include him in the lease as a new occupant and ask for a certificate. Additional docs u can get, you can get him a phone through your existing phone plan. Also, you can apply him for credit card as supplementary. If you have existing insurance then request for certification indicating ur husband’s name as your benefeciary. Those docs ive mentioned will shows your address. I’m a tourist when we applied for these.

3) it’s a yes, provide all the details of your visit and inlude all the proof like tickets, etc

Good luck and dont be stressed. Just focus and relax :)

Reactions: Michyy