Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23-10-2017
Med's Done....
upfront - 18-10-2017
Hey folks, just checkin in. Any one from the Jan '18 lot received an update on their OWP's? I am interviewing for new jobs here and a trying to pinpoint by when should I receive mine so I can inform my employer :).

Any info would help. My app was received on Jan 11 2018.
Someone w/ Jan 10th received date was approved yesterday, and someone with Jan 9th approved the day prior. I'm Jan 8th and still waiting. Tell your job you'll need 2 weeks before you begin work so you can buy yourself some time for approval & mailing time. Of course, it's easier to get a job offer if you don't mention that you're actually waiting for your work permit to arrive - just say you're self-employed and need to finish up your full-time client's work. Rarely will an employer offer a job to someone who doesn't have a work permit in-hand already.

Michyy

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2018
Doc's Request.
23-03-2018
AOR Received.
04-03-2018
Med's Request
02-08-2018
Med's Done....
13-08-2018
LANDED..........
15-03-2019
Just a bit confused.. this might be a stupid question, but if my husband didn't get a police certificate in his home country before coming to canada as a tourist, will CIC send for one on his behalf after he sends the inland application? Or will he need to return to his home country to get it himself?
Just found this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/mexico.html

Hope it helps!

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
So, I should get my OWP about a month or so after my visitor status expires. Based on what I've managed to gather here, I should extend my visitor status instead of letting it go into implied, right? And I have to make sure I send in the form before my status expires, correct?
Just bumping this in case someone else has been in the same situation.

CanuckDuck

Feb 6, 2018
Someone w/ Jan 10th received date was approved yesterday, and someone with Jan 9th approved the day prior. I'm Jan 8th and still waiting. Tell your job you'll need 2 weeks before you begin work so you can buy yourself some time for approval & mailing time. Of course, it's easier to get a job offer if you don't mention that you're actually waiting for your work permit to arrive - just say you're self-employed and need to finish up your full-time client's work. Rarely will an employer offer a job to someone who doesn't have a work permit in-hand already.
Hey Snibbles,

Where did you see that someone from 10th has received their OWP already?

Cheers,

vaibhavshere

Nov 27, 2015
IT doesn't explain in detail how you link the OWP but only your PR App. Try this... I managed to link mine through this process. I've heard of people having to wait 4 days before they were able to link it, good luck

Link an existing application to this account - https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/mycic/registerApp

What program did you apply for?
Category - Temporary Residence
Sub Cat - Work permit and extension

Application Details
UCI & Family Name (The applicants UCI & Family Name, not the Sponsor)

Applicant's personal information
Place of Birth (Self explanatory)

Details of intended work in Canada
What type of work permit are you applying for? - Open (initial application or extension)

Information about the applicants work in Canada
Current country of residence - Canada
Current marital status -
Which situation applies to the applicant - Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada
Thank you so much for this info...I had linked my spouse PR app on Feb11...after your post I realised I can link OWP app as well. Thanks once again for sharing your knowledge... hoping to get owp this month.....

vaibhavshere

Nov 27, 2015
Yes, I saw the same thing for my owp application..

Hello everyone,

For some reason, my Client Application Status shows that my application was received on "December 28, 2017". However, CIC received my application on January 4, 2018. Has anyone experienced something like this? Does anyone have an explanation for this?

See below:

xHinax

Apr 6, 2018
Canada
Hi all, I have a question. I got my AOR Jan 22 2018 for both me, and my husband. They requested a PCC. I uploaded it on Feb 18th 2018. I remember signing my name electronically, and officially uploading it. So far it STILL says it has been uploaded. No one has reviewed it yet, and its almost been two months of waiting. Is this a normal time span for them to not open it? How long will it take? I haven't even got my medical request yet... I just want to know I'm not the only one, or that this is normal. My PCC's are only good for 6 months and I really don't want to spend another few hundred dollars to do this all over again. I also don't know if I should call Immigration, and wait 45 minutes on the phone just for them to either hang up on me, or possibly tell me to wait longer basically. Thanks in advance to anyone that responds.

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi all, I have a question. I got my AOR Jan 22 2018 for both me, and my husband. They requested a PCC. I uploaded it on Feb 18th 2018. I remember signing my name electronically, and officially uploading it. So far it STILL says it has been uploaded. No one has reviewed it yet, and its almost been two months of waiting. Is this a normal time span for them to not open it? How long will it take? I haven't even got my medical request yet... I just want to know I'm not the only one, or that this is normal. My PCC's are only good for 6 months and I really don't want to spend another few hundred dollars to do this all over again. I also don't know if I should call Immigration, and wait 45 minutes on the phone just for them to either hang up on me, or possibly tell me to wait longer basically. Thanks in advance to anyone that responds.
That's what it says on mine, too. AOR on 26 January. I think it'll be that way until we receive requests for a medical exam a few months from now, unfortunately.

Reactions: xHinax

CdnwifeUSwife

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Peterborough
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Etobicoke
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
08-02-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Just a bit confused.. this might be a stupid question, but if my husband didn't get a police certificate in his home country before coming to canada as a tourist, will CIC send for one on his behalf after he sends the inland application? Or will he need to return to his home country to get it himself?
Where is the home country? My wife is from USA and I had her get her background check before sending in the inland application. Took 4 months for her to receive the background check. I suggest that your husband get it first before coming to Canada. He can't really travel out of Canada while inland app is in process because I read somewhere in the forums that there's a risk of not allowing re-entry in Canada.

Fmg

Mar 31, 2018
If it is the country where he has spent most of his life since the age of 18, then you need to submit the police certificate with your application, CIC won't send for one. He can go back and get one but that might not be the best way since there's always a risk coming in with a visa. Depending on the country he could either have someone request the certificate on his behalf or go to an embassy of his country in Canada, or send them an application. I'm not sure how it works for different countries!
He can have his fingerprints taken at a police station or his country’s embassy in Canada and send them to his country for the criminal record check. I’m doing that today as well.