+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

CanuckDuck

Feb 6, 2018
Hello guys,

I'm confused about the police certificates that need to be submitted. I found conflicting information on CIC's website.

This is used to help assess admissibility.

Thi is what CIC's website says:

When we ask you for police certificates at this stage, you’ll have to submit them for:

• the country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and
  • the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
The same applies to all family members who need to submit a police certificate.

Find more information about police certificates. <--
Then when I click on this, it says this:

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

You may need a police certificate from any country or territory that you have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

For example: if you visited, worked or lived in a country for two months, left for a few years, then returned for four months, that counts as spending six months there. In this case, you would need a certificate.

So now, I'm confused is the police certificates needed for EVERY country where the applicant has lived for more than 6 months or is it just for the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you!

Kayden

Dec 12, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Quick question. Do the sponsor have to fill out an additional family information form too? I know the principal applicant has too but not sure about my sponsor?

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
Quick question. Do the sponsor have to fill out an additional family information form too? I know the principal applicant has too but not sure about my sponsor?
Just the PA :)

Reactions: Tashi_Delek

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello guys,

I'm confused about the police certificates that need to be submitted. I found conflicting information on CIC's website.

This is used to help assess admissibility.

Thi is what CIC's website says:

When we ask you for police certificates at this stage, you’ll have to submit them for:

• the country where you currently live, if you have lived there for six months or more; and
  • the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.
The same applies to all family members who need to submit a police certificate.

Find more information about police certificates. <--
Then when I click on this, it says this:

In general, you and all the people in your family who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate.

So now, I'm confused is the police certificates needed for EVERY country where the applicant has lived for more than 6 months or is it just for the country where you’ve spent most of your adult life since the age of 18.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thank you!
I answered something similar in another thread. The wording is confusing. The problem is the VO can request any of them throughout the process. They ended up asking for our Irish one (PA is Irish), RCMP and fingerprints, and Australian (where he had travelled for more than 6m). We had it on hand luckily otherwise it would have really delayed the process.

Reactions: CanuckDuck

MEHA

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP
AOR Received.
22-June-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Can we link an application online only when we receive an AOR?

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Did anyone with Application Received date in Jan 2018, started to receive AOR?

ekhan

Feb 15, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Good to see folks who applied in January are receiving their AOR's, wishing everyone the very best. I am Planning on applying for my spouse during the first week in March this year, she currently resides in Pakistan while I am working in Canada and have a Permanent Resident Status.

My Question to the experts is: I am planning on visiting her for two weeks end of April/early May this year. Someone told me I should not leave Canada until I get a confirmation that I am approved in principle (Sponsorship eligibility) is that correct?

Also just so it may help anyone applying soon; the Document Checklist just got updated (February 2018) and apparently their are now asking for Police Certificates and the Declaration forms as part of the application package

missancheta

Oct 13, 2017
Hi, just send my inland application yesterday, cic received on 2018.02.07. Will start to wait for AOR
Did you send it using courier or canada post? courier means a service like purolater, correct?

Still need to send ours in and trying to decide which to use?