+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2018 Spousal Sponsorship in-land Applications: timeline and updates

Hummingbird876

Feb 8, 2018
Category........
FAM
My spouse and I sent in our application for PR and application was received Jan 31,2018. We are waiting on the AOR. We didn’t include the OWP because we thought applying for permanent residence automatically grants me implied status. I’m now learning that is not so. I’m here on a visitor’s visa that expires late April. Should We wait for the AOR to send in the OWP?(So that we’ll have the PR Application number to add to the OWP request for easy reference )
Should we apply for an extension for my tourist visa? What’s the best way to maintain legal status? What’s the likelihood of obtaining OWP before visa expires?

crystarclear

Star Member
Oct 2, 2017
Alberta
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
09-12-2017
Doc's Request.
26-01-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2018
LANDED..........
06-11-2018
My spouse and I sent in our application for PR and application was received Jan 31,2018. We are waiting on the AOR. We didn’t include the OWP because we thought applying for permanent residence automatically grants me implied status. I’m now learning that is not so. I’m here on a visitor’s visa that expires late April. Should We wait for the AOR to send in the OWP?(So that we’ll have the PR Application number to add to the OWP request for easy reference )
Should we apply for an extension for my tourist visa? What’s the best way to maintain legal status? What’s the likelihood of obtaining OWP before visa expires?
Apply for OWP and visitor extension now while you still have a status. You should be able to get OWP within 3-4 months by the time Vegreville receives it as long as the application is complete and you paid the correct fees ($255)

Reactions: Hummingbird876

Ottawa1979

Feb 7, 2018
hey everyone!
I'm Canadian Citizen, Originally from morocco, Recently i get married last years my wife from morocco as well, i have two kids from previous relationships they live with me full time, recently i receive social assistance "welfare" it's hard for me to find job fit my schedule im actively looking for job so i can sponsor my wife to come here, so this way i could have normal life go work and give my kids a good future, especially they were in abuse situation when they were living with their mom, The Children Aid get involved they take them from her care and they replace them to my care i have them since , its really hard from me to find the job and watch out for my girls at the same time with out no help from any person,
please if they any one here have some advice im kinda stress and i dont know what alse do i knew i have to work for me to sponsor my wife to come to Canada but believe me its really hard to find the job can fit my schedule.

CanuckDuck

Feb 6, 2018
hey everyone!
I'm Canadian Citizen, Originally from morocco, Recently i get married last years my wife from morocco as well, i have two kids from previous relationships they live with me full time, recently i receive social assistance "welfare" it's hard for me to find job fit my schedule im actively looking for job so i can sponsor my wife to come here, so this way i could have normal life go work and give my kids a good future, especially they were in abuse situation when they were living with their mom, The Children Aid get involved they take them from her care and they replace them to my care i have them since , its really hard from me to find the job and watch out for my girls at the same time with out no help from any person,
please if they any one here have some advice im kinda stress and i dont know what alse do i knew i have to work for me to sponsor my wife to come to Canada but believe me its really hard to find the job can fit my schedule.
Hey buddy, sorry about what is happening to you but this is not the best forum to post this.

Tashi_Delek

Feb 7, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
15-01-2018
Hello there,

Can someone please tell me how to go about adding my timeline information on the spreadsheet.

Thanks
Here is the web address for the spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1510060707

Go to the first section new entries and update tab. Update your information there. The Spreadsheet Admin would copy from there to the appropriate tab in the sheet later.

Hope this helps.

Jan 5, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hey!

Just wanted to let you know that my wife got her AOR today February 8, 2018, at 8:15 pm.

Application Received by CIC on January 4, 2018
AOR: February 8, 18
Schedule A Request: February 8, 2018

Best of luck to you! :)

syrk

Jun 16, 2017
Kamloops, BC
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone! I'm excited/nervous to step into the 2018 inland application timeline.

I'm a Canadian citizen sponsoring my American spouse who has been living here with me since Jan 2017 under an extended visitor visa.

We mailed his PR & OWP applications a couple of days ago, on the evening of Feb 6 2018, with CanadaPost Express.
My tracking says the package was due to arrive today, but still shows in transit (but I know the last 2 tracked parcels I've received from CanadaPost over the last couple months never showed any movement until a delivery scan a day after I received my parcel, lol, so I'm not too fussed).

Hopefully it goes well and I don't get it back! :eek: